Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(03-12-2021, 03:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 03:41 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: This wouldn't surprise me since it looks like they'll pass on Trent Williams. Either he or Darrisaw would be my picks.
Why does it look like we will pass on Trent Williams?  Tagging Cam doesn’t mean we won’t try to go after Williams

I hope we do sign Williams. I just get the feeling that the Jags wouldn't have tagged Robinson if they were going "all in" on Williams. They are more likely now to go after other high priced free agents like Golliday, Barrett, Jackson and Henry or Jonnu Smith. Taking those 4 would make it hard to also sign Williams after committing $14 million to Robinson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-12-2021, 05:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 03:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why does it look like we will pass on Trent Williams?  Tagging Cam doesn’t mean we won’t try to go after Williams

I hope we do sign Williams. I just get the feeling that the Jags wouldn't have tagged Robinson if they were going "all in" on Williams. They are more likely now to go after other high priced free agents like Golliday, Barrett, Jackson and Henry or Jonnu Smith. Taking those 4 would make it hard to also sign Williams after committing $14 million to Robinson.
We aren't going to get the top FA at all those positions.  They tagged Cam because what if they miss out on Williams.  Cam hasn't even signed it yet so they could sign Williams and take it back.  Who's Jackson?

(03-12-2021, 05:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 03:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why does it look like we will pass on Trent Williams?  Tagging Cam doesn’t mean we won’t try to go after Williams

I am hearing that Trent Williams is close to re-signing with the 49ers.

It would suck if we didn't land him, but him re-signing with the 49ers is better than him signing with the Colts.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Laughing
(03-12-2021, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lmao

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...82946?s=19
 If they DO end up trading Watson, I hope it's to the Bears, who have low draft picks, and that they don't get anywhere near as much as the talking heads have speculated.

(03-12-2021, 04:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 03:59 PM)Upper Wrote: You're virtually the only person who doesn't think he was good on the field too.

"Cosmi has been one of the most tested tackles in the country and has improved every single year of his career. He allowed all of eight pressures on 368 pass-blocking snaps this past season."

I don't really hate him. I just think there are better options. I believe he's overrated, based on the Texas games I watched last year. He does have much better feet than Robinson. I'd rather have other OT's, but if it were a choice between Cosmi and Robinson, I take Cosmi. At least Cosmi has a chance to get better. Robinson's slow feet will always limit him. I just see Cosmi as a mid 2nd round pick, rather than a 1st rounder.

I have watched a lot of Texas too, and I think you are having trouble separating his true pass sets with all of the silly stuff they do...for lack of a better word. Cosmi has always looked really good as a pass blocker on traditional NFL style plays to me, and the stats back it up. I do wish he played with more of a mean streak and finished blockers off better after he handled them, but I'm happy with him just being a really good if not a little too finesse of a blocker.

(03-12-2021, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 05:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I hope we do sign Williams. I just get the feeling that the Jags wouldn't have tagged Robinson if they were going "all in" on Williams. They are more likely now to go after other high priced free agents like Golliday, Barrett, Jackson and Henry or Jonnu Smith. Taking those 4 would make it hard to also sign Williams after committing $14 million to Robinson.
We aren't going to get the top FA at all those positions.  They tagged Cam because what if they miss out on Williams.  Cam hasn't even signed it yet so they could sign Williams and take it back.  Who's Jackson?

William Jackson from the Bengals. He played very well last season and is 28 years old.

(03-12-2021, 05:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 05:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I hope we do sign Williams. I just get the feeling that the Jags wouldn't have tagged Robinson if they were going "all in" on Williams. They are more likely now to go after other high priced free agents like Golliday, Barrett, Jackson and Henry or Jonnu Smith. Taking those 4 would make it hard to also sign Williams after committing $14 million to Robinson.

I am hearing that Trent Williams is close to re-signing with the 49ers.

It would suck if we didn't land him, but him re-signing with the 49ers is better than him signing with the Colts.

It's disappointing, but not really a surprise.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2021, 09:44 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-12-2021, 10:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We aren't going to get the top FA at all those positions.  They tagged Cam because what if they miss out on Williams.  Cam hasn't even signed it yet so they could sign Williams and take it back.  Who's Jackson?

William Jackson from the Bengals. He played very well last season and is 28 years old.

Gotcha, I didn't realize you considered him one of the best FA, he's decent though. I'd say Johnson instead of Jackson

(03-13-2021, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 10:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: William Jackson from the Bengals. He played very well last season and is 28 years old.

Gotcha, I didn't realize you considered him one of the best FA, he's decent though.  I'd say Johnson instead of Jackson

I like Johnson, also, and believe he is now the best safety on the market. If the Jaguars re-sign Sidney Jones (hopefully), I'd prefer Johnson over Jackson due to safety being a greater need.

(03-12-2021, 03:59 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 03:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He wins the "Underwear Olympics."  Banana

You're virtually the only person who doesn't think he was good on the field too.

"Cosmi has been one of the most tested tackles in the country and has improved every single year of his career. He allowed all of eight pressures on 368 pass-blocking snaps this past season."

From TDN:

Quote:Ideal RoleCosmi is a right tackle that has the potential to eventually slide over to the left side if able to correct the flaws in his lower half and continue to gain muscle mass onto his frame.

There's potential, but just because he tests well doesn't mean he's anywhere near as plug-and-play as some of the other OT in this darft. I'm not saying he's off the board, but you better have good coaching in place to elevate his game, or you're likely dealing with another fair-to-middling tackle by the time his rookie deal expires.

We gave a corner and safety multi year starting level money so I don't think Moehrig or Newsome should be considered favorites at 25 anymore. Not out of the question, but just not the favorites.

I think EDGE or OT has to be the favorite now. Give me any of Ojulari, Oweh, Ossai, Phillips, Cosmi, Jenkins, or similar and I'm quite happy.

(03-16-2021, 08:16 PM)Upper Wrote: We gave a corner and safety multi year starting level money so I don't think Moehrig or Newsome should be considered favorites at 25 anymore. Not out of the question, but just not the favorites.

I think EDGE or OT has to be the favorite now. Give me any of Ojulari, Oweh, Ossai, Phillips, Cosmi, Jenkins, or similar and I'm quite happy.

Those 2 have never been the favorites imo.  I think it's still Barmore or Collins.  What we did in FA I don't think affected 1 bit what we do with our 1st few picks

(03-16-2021, 08:16 PM)Upper Wrote: We gave a corner and safety multi year starting level money so I don't think Moehrig or Newsome should be considered favorites at 25 anymore. Not out of the question, but just not the favorites.

We needed two starting Safeties though, so Moehrig is still a possibility. I still think the team is gonna ignore the LT position.

Just because some of y'all love Collins more than his own mother does doesn't mean he makes sense as our first round pick. If you look at the total amount invested whether it be $ or picks, our 4 LBs are in the top 5 or 6 on the team. Collins is simply not better than the guys I mentioned by enough to throw him displace someone from that LB group.

And Barmore will probably be gone by 25.

(03-16-2021, 08:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Those 2 have never been the favorites imo.  I think it's still Barmore or Collins.  What we did in FA I don't think affected 1 bit what we do with our 1st few picks

I think it depends on the position.

WR is less likely in the first few rounds because of Jones.  If one of those top three guys somehow fell, I think we'd consider it.

We added nothing to LB, and while we added some decent pieces in FA to stock the D-Line, we added no dominators.  Barmore has the potential to be a dominator. 

As to those two defensive positions, you are correct in that I don't think what we did today will matter too much.

(03-16-2021, 08:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

We needed two starting Safeties though, so Moehrig is still a possibility. I still think the team is gonna ignore the LT position.

Jenkins isn't better than Wilson. If we draft Moehrig and replace Wilson with Jenkins then we literally flushed ~9M a year down the toilet.

(03-16-2021, 08:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We needed two starting Safeties though, so Moehrig is still a possibility. I still think the team is gonna ignore the LT position.

Jenkins isn't better than Wilson. If we draft Moehrig and replace Wilson with Jenkins then we literally flushed ~9M a year down the toilet.

You may be right. I'm not advocating drafting Moehrig. I'm just predicting what the team will do. We flushed money down the toilet with Hyde and Dorsett, so this wouldn't be any different.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 09:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-16-2021, 08:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Just because some of y'all love Collins more than his own mother does doesn't mean he makes sense as our first round pick. If you look at the total amount invested whether it be $ or picks, our 4 LBs are in the top 5 or 6 on the team. Collins is simply not better than the guys I mentioned by enough to throw him displace someone from that LB group.

And Barmore will probably be gone by 25.

I dont have any doubt that Collins is better than Schobert, and they would use all 3 in in our 4-3 sets.  Meyer didn't bring in Schobert and you are still stuck on drafting for need.  Take the best player, we could still upgrade at almost all positions.  I think the reason they signed most of these guys in FA and didn't get the biggest fish in the pond is so they can go BAP.  To me though the biggest need is OLB/ pass rusher though, being we have nobody behind Allen and Chaisson. So if we do have guys equally rated I'm taking the OLB/ pass rusher

Free agency has significantly changed the Jaguars needs come draft day. Defensive linemen for a 3-4 are no longer needed and I don't expect a cornerback to be selected among the top 5 picks due to adding Griffin and re-signing Jones. With all the new acquisitions, the Jags should try to trade up on draft day, if possible. The perfect 5 picks would be:

1. Lawrence
1b. Best offensive tackle (Mayfield, Jenkins, Eichenberg)
2. Freirmuth
2b. Ossai
3. Elijah Molden (nickel or safety)