Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(04-22-2021, 09:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 09:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What makes you think Cam will be any better? Do you think he will magically get faster out of his stance and develop quicker feet? As for Okung, he only has 13 starts in the last 2 years due to injuries. I have no faith in him to be healthy.

We have already talked about this a number of times.

And I have yet to see a reasonable answer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-22-2021, 10:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 09:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have already talked about this a number of times.

And I have yet to see a reasonable answer.

With Urban, Bevell, and TLaw I think he will have his best season.  Cam has had great games and not playing from behing will also help, there are a number of factors.  Baalke and Urban has watched the tape and they know what Cam is capable of.  He just needs to be more consistent and I think he finds that with the new staff and Lawrence.  He will be a full year recovered from his ACL and a good offseason will also be a big factor in his improvement this year

(04-22-2021, 10:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 10:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And I have yet to see a reasonable answer.

With Urban, Bevell, and TLaw I think he will have his best season. 

I actually think Cam will have his best season too. Instead of being the dead last worst LT in the league he'll merely be bottom 5.

(04-22-2021, 10:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 10:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: With Urban, Bevell, and TLaw I think he will have his best season. 

I actually think Cam will have his best season too. Instead of being the dead last worst LT in the league he'll merely be bottom 5.

He is still better than Taylor on the right side. Woof!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Here is a top 5 I got from CBS.
1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Rondale Moore
3. Samuel Cosmi
4. Javonte Williams
5. Wyatt Davis

(04-22-2021, 10:59 AM)Dimson Wrote: Here is a top 5 I got from CBS.
1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Rondale Moore
3. Samuel Cosmi
4. Javonte Williams
5. Wyatt Davis

Again, all good players but I'd need a tight end by the 5th pick.

(04-22-2021, 12:21 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 10:59 AM)Dimson Wrote: Here is a top 5 I got from CBS.
1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Rondale Moore
3. Samuel Cosmi
4. Javonte Williams
5. Wyatt Davis

Again, all good players but I'd need a tight end by the 5th pick.
I have no evidence to back this up but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Jags will trade a day 3 pick for a vet TE.

(04-22-2021, 12:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:21 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Again, all good players but I'd need a tight end by the 5th pick.
I have no evidence to back this up but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Jags will trade a day 3 pick for a vet TE.
I think we can get a decent TE in round 4 if they don't go TE early. I am really hoping for Yeboah.

(04-22-2021, 12:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:21 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Again, all good players but I'd need a tight end by the 5th pick.

I've been wanting Ertz and still do as long as we know he's 100% healthy

I don't want Ertz but if it saves us from drafting Freiermuth, or any TE before day 3 really, then I'd give any of our picks after 108 for him.

(04-22-2021, 02:38 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't want Ertz but if it saves us from drafting Freiermuth, or any TE before day 3 really, then I'd give any of our picks after 108 for him.

I thought most people are high on Freiermuth.

(04-22-2021, 02:38 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't want Ertz but if it saves us from drafting Freiermuth, or any TE before day 3 really, then I'd give any of our picks after 108 for him.

Ertz would not be worth the $8 million he'd receive due to age and injury situation. The player I'd try to trade for is Njoku. The Browns already have a lot invested in Hooper and also like Harrison Bryant. Njoku is set to receive $6 million this season and the Browns are likely to see what they can get for him. If I were the Jaguars, I'd offer our 1st pick in round 5- which is like a late 4th round pick. If they decline, I'd go no higher than our 2nd pick in round 4 and throw in a 6th rounder for good measure. I believe the Browns would gladly take this deal.

Njoku has been a disappointment for the Browns due to his injuries and mediocre production. However, he is still only 24 years old and has definite upside. Although $6 million may be high for next season, the Jaguars would then have the opportunity to decide whether he would be worth a long term deal. This deal would enable the Jaguars to not reach for a tight end in round 2 IF they have a player on their board at another position rated higher. 

We don't agree on Freirmuth's value. I would definitely take him with pick 45 and possibly even 33. However, if the Jaguars agree with you they should make this trade. I have zero confidence in any other tight ends in this draft after Pitts and Freirmuth. There will no doubt be one successful tight end taken in the 4th round or later, but given the Jaguars history of drafting tight ends I don't expect them to find the next Shannon Sharpe, Brent Jones or Mark Bavaro in this draft class once round 4 begins.

I'd rather gamble on Njoku over Ertz too, but I'm not giving pick 108 or better. If they'll take a 5th then go for it.

Regardless if we sign trade for Ertz or not it wouldn't stop me from getting Freiermuth if I'm high on him

(04-22-2021, 03:28 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Ertz would not be worth the $8 million he'd receive due to age and injury situation. The player I'd try to trade for is Njoku. The Browns already have a lot invested in Hooper and also like Harrison Bryant. Njoku is set to receive $6 million this season and the Browns are likely to see what they can get for him. If I were the Jaguars, I'd offer our 1st pick in round 5- which is like a late 4th round pick. If they decline, I'd go no higher than our 2nd pick in round 4 and throw in a 6th rounder for good measure. I believe the Browns would gladly take this deal.

Njoku has been a disappointment for the Browns due to his injuries and mediocre production. However, he is still only 24 years old and has definite upside. Although $6 million may be high for next season, the Jaguars would then have the opportunity to decide whether he would be worth a long term deal. This deal would enable the Jaguars to not reach for a tight end in round 2 IF they have a player on their board at another position rated higher. 

We don't agree on Freirmuth's value. I would definitely take him with pick 45 and possibly even 33. However, if the Jaguars agree with you they should make this trade. I have zero confidence in any other tight ends in this draft after Pitts and Freirmuth. There will no doubt be one successful tight end taken in the 4th round or later, but given the Jaguars history of drafting tight ends I don't expect them to find the next Shannon Sharpe, Brent Jones or Mark Bavaro in this draft class once round 4 begins.

What's Ertz injury situation?  You have a link saying he's still injured? We wouldn't trade for him if he is still injured.  I'm not a fan of Njoku, there is a reason they signed Hooper and drafted Bryant.

(04-22-2021, 03:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Regardless if we sign trade for Ertz or not it wouldn't stop me from getting Freiermuth if I'm high on him

I don't know how anyone can be high on him if you are able to remove the need and coach Bowen from the equation. He's wholly meh as a prospect.

(04-22-2021, 03:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 03:28 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Ertz would not be worth the $8 million he'd receive due to age and injury situation. The player I'd try to trade for is Njoku. The Browns already have a lot invested in Hooper and also like Harrison Bryant. Njoku is set to receive $6 million this season and the Browns are likely to see what they can get for him. If I were the Jaguars, I'd offer our 1st pick in round 5- which is like a late 4th round pick. If they decline, I'd go no higher than our 2nd pick in round 4 and throw in a 6th rounder for good measure. I believe the Browns would gladly take this deal.

What's Ertz injury situation?  You have a link saying he's still injured? We wouldn't trade for him if he is still injured.  I'm not a fan of Njoku, there is a reason they signed Hooper and drafted Bryant.

I believe he is past his recent injury. However, to pay that much to a guy who will be 31 during the season would be a bad move. If the Jaguars were a playoff contender this coming season I'd feel differently.

(04-22-2021, 02:59 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

I thought most people are high on Freiermuth.

Not me. If Meyer covets speed, Freiermuth is definitely not his man.

(04-22-2021, 06:56 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 03:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What's Ertz injury situation?  You have a link saying he's still injured? We wouldn't trade for him if he is still injured.  I'm not a fan of Njoku, there is a reason they signed Hooper and drafted Bryant.

I believe he is past his recent injury. However, to pay that much to a guy who will be 31 during the season would be a bad move. If the Jaguars were a playoff contender this coming season I'd feel differently.

We have the most cap space in the league and this is the last year left on his contract, and to give TLaw a vet and one of the best TEs in the league his rookie year until we draft the future next year would be a great move imo

(04-22-2021, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:56 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I believe he is past his recent injury. However, to pay that much to a guy who will be 31 during the season would be a bad move. If the Jaguars were a playoff contender this coming season I'd feel differently.

We have the most cap space in the league and this is the last year left on his contract, and to give TLaw a vet and one of the best TEs in the league his rookie year until we draft the future next year would be a great move imo

The dude has already been screaming at eagles management for a new deal, I pass without skipping a beat.

Scratch that, I'll offer them Jake Luton, straight up, player for player.