Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(02-17-2021, 02:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 09:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we take a LB at 25 I hope its Zaven Collins

Im not taking a player without a postition in the 1st

I couldn't agree more. As for Collins, he is my favorite pure LB in this draft class. I even like him better than Parsons. Collins is exceptionally talented at every aspect of the position. He can rush the passer, he can cover receivers, he can play the run, there is nothing he can't do and he has the size to play in any scheme, although personally I would play him as a 4-3 WLB.

(02-16-2021, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we don't resign Cole I'm down with drafting Moore at 33.  I think Cole would shine with Trevor at QB though

Agree. I think all of our current WR's will look much better. I still don't see a need for a WR. I just re-sign Cole.

While Chark and Cole are both capable of getting deep, I don't think the team has a true speed receiver.

If there were a true speed guy somehow available in a mid round, I could endorse the team taking him, even with re-signing Cole.

We'll have the room for him considering we likely lose Westbrook and Conley, and possibly Cole.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like the idea of tying to get Keanu Neal and the taking Trevon Moehrig at either 25 or 33. I feel Moehrig will definitely be in play with one of those picks

(02-17-2021, 10:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like the idea of tying to get Keanu Neal and the taking Trevon Moehrig at either 25 or 33.  I feel Moehrig will definitely be in play with one of those picks

Moehrig is a def possibility between 25-45.

Neal and Moehrig together would turn our secondary into a relative strength. 

Henderson would need to step up his game...and RCB would still need to be addressed.

But we'd be much more athletic than we've been.

The two stacked FA positions this year are likely going to be S and TE. I can think of nothing more stupid for a team with our needs and cap space than drafting a S and TE with top picks. What a disastrous opportunity cost.

(02-17-2021, 03:07 PM)Upper Wrote: The two stacked FA positions this year are likely going to be S and TE. I can think of nothing more stupid for a team with our needs and cap space than drafting a S and TE with top picks. What a disastrous opportunity cost.

I don't see the TE position being stacked in FA and we could use  2 new safeties not just 1.  If we came a way with Neal and were able to get Moehrig at 33, it would be a damn good move from Meyer

(02-17-2021, 10:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 02:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I couldn't agree more. As for Collins, he is my favorite pure LB in this draft class. I even like him better than Parsons. Collins is exceptionally talented at every aspect of the position. He can rush the passer, he can cover receivers, he can play the run, there is nothing he can't do and he has the size to play in any scheme, although personally I would play him as a 4-3 WLB.

Agree. I think all of our current WR's will look much better. I still don't see a need for a WR. I just re-sign Cole.

While Chark and Cole are both capable of getting deep, I don't think the team has a true speed receiver.

If there were a true speed guy somehow available in a mid round, I could endorse the team taking him, even with re-signing Cole.

We'll have the room for him considering we likely lose Westbrook and Conley, and possibly Cole.

Chark ran a 4.34/40 at the Combine. He is the epitome of a speed receiver. He just hasn't had a QB that can get him the ball. I know he will look much better, once Lawrence is under center.

(02-17-2021, 10:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like the idea of tying to get Keanu Neal and the taking Trevon Moehrig at either 25 or 33.  I feel Moehrig will definitely be in play with one of those picks

I'm going to punch a hole in the wall if we take Moehrig that high. This is a semi-deep year for the Safety position, but there is no clear cut top prospect. I just see a bunch of solid Safeties with a very similar skill sets, that can be had in the 3rd to 5th round range. None of the Safeties in this class stand out to me at all, but there are some good players available. None of them are among the top 25 players, 33 players or even 45 players in this draft though. Taking a Safety in the top 45 would be the epitome of drafting for need over talent.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 06:33 PM by Upper.)

Four TE that would be big upgrades, at least 3 of which are highly likely to hit the market, counts as stacked to me.

I also don't think we need two safeties with Jerrod Wilson around either either. PFF had him graded as a top 5 S for most of the season, one of the big safeties and Wilson and perhaps drafting a S later would be waaay better than Moehrig.

(02-17-2021, 10:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Moehrig is a def possibility between 25-45.

Henderson would need to step up his game...and RCB would still need to be addressed.

If we improve just one Safety position, I'll be happy. 

We need two new CB's. We really need a starter opposite Henderson, as Herndon was awful last season and a new Nickle. Hayden's play fell off a cliff last season and he is an UFA, who won't be brought back at his price tag. I could easily see us signing a big name Safety in free agency, taking a CB on day 2 of the draft and then taking a CB/S hybrid who could play Nickle later in the draft.

(02-17-2021, 06:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 10:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Moehrig is a def possibility between 25-45.

If we improve just one Safety position, I'll be happy. 

We need two new CB's. We really need a starter opposite Henderson, as Herndon was awful last season and a new Nickle. Hayden's play fell off a cliff last season and he is an UFA, who won't be brought back at his price tag. I could easily see us signing a big name Safety in free agency, taking a CB on day 2 of the draft and then taking a CB/S hybrid who could play Nickle later in the draft.

Shaun Wade rds 3-5 please.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 09:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-17-2021, 06:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Four TE that would be big upgrades, at least 3 of which are highly likely to hit the market, counts as stacked to me.

I also don't think we need two safeties with Jerrod Wilson around either either. PFF had him graded as a top 5 S for most of the season, one of the big safeties and Wilson and perhaps drafting a S later would be waaay better than Moehrig.

Just because there is 4 TEs that are an upgrade doesn't mean much. There are a number of TEs in the draft that can be an upgrade as well.  Wilson is ok, I want a play maker and with all the high picks we can take the one we like the best.  While you want a S and TE in FA, give me a offensive and defensive lineman like Trent Williams and Leonard Williams and ill draft the TE and S

(02-17-2021, 06:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'm going to punch a hole in the wall if we take Moehrig that high. This is a semi-deep year for the Safety position, but there is no clear cut top prospect. I just see a bunch of solid Safeties with a very similar skill sets, that can be had in the 3rd to 5th round range. None of the Safeties in this class stand out to me at all, but there are some good players available. None of them are among the top 25 players, 33 players or even 45 players in this draft though. Taking a Safety in the top 45 would be the epitome of drafting for need over talent.
Most have Moehrig as the clear cut safety.  Dude Flys all over the field and I think cam be a game changer,  33 would be good value especially if we feel he is the best safety in the class and can be a playmaker, something Wilson is not.  I dont think Urbam will have all the safeties rated the same like you do.  I depends in what Moehrig runs on his pro day if Urban will take him at 33.  I think he will look at Paris Ford as well

(02-17-2021, 08:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Four TE that would be big upgrades, at least 3 of which are highly likely to hit the market, counts as stacked to me.

Just because there is 4 TEs that are an upgrade doesn't mean much. There are a number of TEs in the draft that can be an upgrade as well.  Wilson is ok, I want a play maker and with all the high picks we can take the one we like the best.  While you want a S and TE in FA, give me a offensive and defensive lineman like Trent Williams and Leonard Williams and ill draft the TE and S

It will be much easier to sign one of the 4 TE and one of the 6 S that are big upgrades than to sign the one Trent Williams or the one Leonard Williams. That's the point. If we can get the Williams' then we can still get the TE and the S.

There are also no TE in the draft that we should count on being upgrades before year 3. That's why signing a TE instead of drafting one makes double sense. Not only do we get the upgrade but we don't have to wait years for them to develop.

(02-17-2021, 08:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Most have Moehrig as the clear cut safety.  Dude Flys all over the field and I think cam be a game changer,  33 would be good value especially if we feel he is the best safety in the class and can be a playmaker, something Wilson is not. 

I probably agree that Moehrig is the best safety in the class, but I don't think it's by a large margin at all. I also agree that he is a heck of a playmaker but I don't think he flies all over the field. I actually think his range/speed is his biggest drawback. I wouldn't trust him in a single high role very much. I would be fine with taking him at 33 if the FA class wasn't so loaded, but it would be dumb to draft him with 33 instead of just paying any of Simmons, Johnson III, Williams, Harris, Maye, Harmon, Hooker, etc and then drafting something else really good.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 09:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-17-2021, 09:13 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 08:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just because there is 4 TEs that are an upgrade doesn't mean much. There are a number of TEs in the draft that can be an upgrade as well.  Wilson is ok, I want a play maker and with all the high picks we can take the one we like the best.  While you want a S and TE in FA, give me a offensive and defensive lineman like Trent Williams and Leonard Williams and ill draft the TE and S

It will be much easier to sign one of the 4 TE and one of the 6 S that are big upgrades than to sign the one Trent Williams or the one Leonard Williams. That's the point. If we can get the Williams' then we can still get the TE and the S.

There are also no TE in the draft that we should count on being upgrades before year 3. That's why signing a TE instead of drafting one makes double sense. Not only do we get the upgrade but we don't have to wait years for them to develop.

I might be easier but we don't need to go the easy route.  Let's go getbthe guys that will help us the most.  Von Miller is another guy id go after if Den let's him go.   Once again, I'd get one of the top safeties but that wouldn't stop me from drafting 1 if we have one rated highly.  I don't think it will take all the safeties in the draft till year 3 to make an impact.  I think Friermuth can make an impact pretty early and would be a good addition for Trevor.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 09:49 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-17-2021, 07:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we improve just one Safety position, I'll be happy. 

Shaun Wade rds 3-5 please.

I don't know. I watched all the OSU games last season and I don't know what happened to Wade. I watched him get absolutely torched in multiple games. Judging from last year's play, I think he had more negatives than positives. He was out of position a lot and bit on too many fakes. I just think there are better options out there.

(02-17-2021, 06:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm going to punch a hole in the wall if we take Moehrig that high. This is a semi-deep year for the Safety position, but there is no clear cut top prospect. I just see a bunch of solid Safeties with a very similar skill sets, that can be had in the 3rd to 5th round range. None of the Safeties in this class stand out to me at all, but there are some good players available. None of them are among the top 25 players, 33 players or even 45 players in this draft though. Taking a Safety in the top 45 would be the epitome of drafting for need over talent.
Most have Moehrig as the clear cut safety.  Dude Flys all over the field and I think cam be a game changer,  33 would be good value especially if we feel he is the best safety in the class and can be a playmaker, something Wilson is not.  I dont think Urbam will have all the safeties rated the same like you do.  I depends in what Moehrig runs on his pro day if Urban will take him at 33.  I think he will look at Paris Ford as well

I like Paris Ford a lot more than Moehrig. Ford could probably be had in rounds 3 or 4. I don't view Moehrig as a game changer at all.

(02-17-2021, 09:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 08:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Most have Moehrig as the clear cut safety.  Dude Flys all over the field and I think cam be a game changer,  33 would be good value especially if we feel he is the best safety in the class and can be a playmaker, something Wilson is not. 

I probably agree that Moehrig is the best safety in the class, but I don't think it's by a large margin at all. I also agree that he is a heck of a playmaker but I don't think he flies all over the field. I actually think his range/speed is his biggest drawback. I wouldn't trust him in a single high role very much. I would be fine with taking him at 33 if the FA class wasn't so loaded, but it would be dumb to draft him with 33 instead of just paying any of Simmons, Johnson III, Williams, Harris, Maye, Harmon, Hooker, etc and then drafting something else really good.

Totally agree. Of all the positions of need we have, I REALLY want us to fill TE and Safety needs via free agency.

(02-17-2021, 09:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 09:21 PM)Upper Wrote: I probably agree that Moehrig is the best safety in the class, but I don't think it's by a large margin at all. I also agree that he is a heck of a playmaker but I don't think he flies all over the field. I actually think his range/speed is his biggest drawback. I wouldn't trust him in a single high role very much. I would be fine with taking him at 33 if the FA class wasn't so loaded, but it would be dumb to draft him with 33 instead of just paying any of Simmons, Johnson III, Williams, Harris, Maye, Harmon, Hooker, etc and then drafting something else really good.

Totally agree. Of all the positions of need we have, I REALLY want us to fill TE and Safety needs via free agency.

S and TE are secondary to me in FA behind oline and dline

(02-17-2021, 09:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 07:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Shaun Wade rds 3-5 please.

I don't know. I watched all the OSU games last season and I don't know what happened to Wade. I watched him get absolutely torched in multiple games. Judging from last year's play, I think he had more negatives than positives. He was out of position a lot and bit on too many fakes. I just think there are better options out there.

I like Paris Ford a lot more than Moehrig. Ford could probably be had in rounds 3 or 4. I don't view Moehrig as a game changer at all.

Moehig Flys all over the place and can play both safety positions, dudes a beast.  Not sure what makes you think Ford had in the 4th round, and in the 3rd is highly unlikely.  Ford is a beast as well.  It all depends on who is sitting there in the 2nd and how the draft falls to say.  I'm not gonna just discount Moehrig and Friermuth though because of their positions.  Would I like to get a lineman rated higher?  Sure, but I'm not gonna reach on a position, im taking the best player

(02-17-2021, 10:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: S and TE are secondary to me in FA behind oline and dline

You're completely missing the point.

(02-17-2021, 10:52 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 10:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: S and TE are secondary to me in FA behind oline and dline

You're completely missing the point.

Not really, I'd try to go after a S/TE/CB after I try to upgrade the trenches