Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(02-19-2021, 10:39 PM)Upper Wrote: I want mine to be versatile. 3-4 DE need to be able to play both the 3 and 5 gaps, and in Barmore's case I think he can be killer as a 0/1 on clear passing downs too.

Let's see what team drafts him and where he plays

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-19-2021, 10:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:39 PM)Upper Wrote: I want mine to be versatile. 3-4 DE need to be able to play both the 3 and 5 gaps, and in Barmore's case I think he can be killer as a 0/1 on clear passing downs too.

Let's see what team drafts him and where he plays

Yeah it's a moot point I'd bet he is a Viking or Raider he won't make it close to us to matter.

(02-19-2021, 11:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let's see what team drafts him and where he plays

Yeah it's a moot point I'd bet he is a Viking or Raider he won't make it close to us to matter.

I'm sure the coaches will know what's best for him and we can see where they play him

Why aren't more people hyping up Ojulari? Seems like an Ngakoue clone in a fairly lackluster EDGE class

(02-20-2021, 10:59 AM)JNev Wrote: Why aren't more people hyping up Ojulari? Seems like an Ngakoue clone in a fairly lackluster EDGE class

He's getting a whole lot of hype outside of our fanbase, but people around here do not think that OLB is one of our bigger needs. I think it would be a very good idea to add another good pass rusher though, he'd be a perfectly acceptable pick at 25 if he is still there IMO.

Horn and Collins are my top 2 at 25 I hope falls

If Etienne or Harris is there at 33 I wonder what the odds of Meyer pulling the trigger on one of them is. A combo of JRob and either of them would put us with the Browns as the best WR duo in the league. I think one of them might be a better pick than any WR.

The odds better be zero percent.

(02-21-2021, 12:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Etienne or Harris is there at 33 I wonder what the odds of Meyer pulling the trigger on one of them is.  A combo of JRob and either of them would put us with the Browns as the best WR duo in the league. I think one of them might be a better pick than any WR.
Good lord that sounds awful.

There’s no scenario where Harris and Etienne would be the best player to take at 33.

(02-21-2021, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 12:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Etienne or Harris is there at 33 I wonder what the odds of Meyer pulling the trigger on one of them is.  A combo of JRob and either of them would put us with the Browns as the best WR duo in the league. I think one of them might be a better pick than any WR.
Good lord that sounds awful.

There’s no scenario where Harris and Etienne would be the best player to take at 33.

Agreed.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 08:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I dunno, they have the potential to be some of the best backs in the league. I think Harris gonna be a beast

Probably wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be mad at all if Urban took either in the 2nd

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 10:44 AM by Cleatwood.)

(02-22-2021, 09:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Probably wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be mad at all if Urban took either in the 2nd
I’d be very mad and I’m sure a lot of other would be too.

You’re drafting someone at 33 to play MAX 50% of the plays. That’s terrible.

(02-22-2021, 10:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Probably wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be mad at all if Urban took either in the 2nd
I’d be very mad and I’m sure a lot of other would be too.

It would be like when NO drafted Kamara, I think it was a great pick and Etienne could be like a Kamara

(02-22-2021, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 10:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’d be very mad and I’m sure a lot of other would be too.

It would be like when NO drafted Kamara, I think it was a great pick and Etienne could be like a Kamara
And Kamara was in the 3rd at 67.....that’s not the same. You’re proving my point. No reason to draft an RB at 33 when there will be plenty later in the draft.

No issue with an RB 4th or later but at 33? Absolutely not. No RB before round 4.

(02-22-2021, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It would be like when NO drafted Kamara, I think it was a great pick and Etienne could be like a Kamara
And Kamara was in the 3rd at 67.....that’s not the same. You’re proving my point. No reason to draft an RB at 33 when there will be plenty later in the draft.

No issue with an RB 4th or later but at 33? Absolutely not. No RB before round 4.
Yes but if they took him in the 2md it still would of been a great pick.  If there was a redraft he would of went in the 1st, so I guess if you call that proving your point

I like Khalil Herbert in the later rounds at RB.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 01:51 PM by ATLjag.)

Did a PFF simulated draft, assuming the Jags notably signed either OT Cam Robinson/Trent Williams and DT Dalvin Tomlinson in free agency. I doubt some will be there when this mock predicted, but here are the first 5:

1. QB Trevor Lawrence ...no surprise, a true franchise QB at long last.
1. Edge Gregory Rousseau ...needed pass rush with some size, could not ignore talent/upside if available.
2. CB Jaycee Horn ...to pair opposite of Henderson.
2. DT Alim McNeill ...powerful interior defender to stop the run and collapse pocket, quality rotation.
3. OG/T Jackson Carman ...big powerful versatile OL to compete with Cann immediately, OT ability.

(02-22-2021, 01:48 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Did a PFF simulated draft, assuming the Jags notably signed either OT Cam Robinson/Trent Williams and DT Dalvin Tomlinson in free agency.  I doubt some will be there when this mock predicted, but here are the first 5:

1. QB Trevor Lawrence ...no surprise, a true franchise QB at long last.
1. Edge Gregory Rousseau ...needed pass rush with some size, could not ignore talent/upside if available.
2. CB Jaycee Horn ...to pair opposite of Henderson.
2. DT Alim McNeill ...powerful interior defender to stop the run and collapse pocket, quality rotation.
3. OG/T Jackson Carman ...big powerful versatile OL to compete with Cann immediately, OT ability.
I’ve never used their mock draft simulator but it was really good. Here’s what I got:

1. Lawrence
1A.Surtain 
2. Vera-Tucker
2A. Eichenberg
3. Onwuzurike

They had Mayfield still available in round 3 but couldn’t take 3 tackles lol

Even on the PFF draft pod they said that they couldn't quite put their finger on it but they are much lower on Mayfield than everyone else. I would take him in the 3rd all day long, but then again I wouldn't hate him at 25.