Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

This tackle class is overrated imo. I don't think it's close to last years

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-22-2021, 02:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This tackle class is overrated imo.  I don't think it's close to last years
Who said it was?

This OT class is better as far as depth and developmental prospects IMO, but it doesn't have quite the talent at the top. It's close though.

PFF's mock draft simulator is okay, as long as you don't make trades. You can easily trade up with the Dolphins at 3 for next to nothing. Then trade back and get some extra picks and trade back some more.

[Image: download-22.png]

So many picks...

(02-22-2021, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: This OT class is better as far as depth and developmental prospects IMO, but it doesn't have quite the talent at the top. It's close though.

I would take Penei Sewell over any OT of the last 3 years at least.

(02-22-2021, 05:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: This OT class is better as far as depth and developmental prospects IMO, but it doesn't have quite the talent at the top. It's close though.

Agreed

(02-22-2021, 05:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Obviously, and then the next 4 were probably from last years class.

(02-22-2021, 09:56 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 05:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would take Penei Sewell over any OT of the last 3 years at least.

Obviously, and then the next 4 were probably from last years class.

Not on my list. If we're judging the top guys as I had/have them rated before being drafted, I'd have........  
#1 Penei Sewell
#2 Christian Darrisaw 
#3 Andrew Thomas
#4 Tristan Wirfs
#5 Liam Eichenberg 
#6 Teven Jenkins
#7 Dillon Radunz
#8 Mekhi Becton
#9 Jedrick Willis
#10 Spencer Brown

That's not a good list lol.

(02-23-2021, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Obviously, and then the next 4 were probably from last years class.

Not on my list. If we're judging the top guys as I had/have them rated before being drafted, I'd have........  
#1 Penei Sewell
#2 Christian Darrisaw 
#3 Andrew Thomas
#4 Tristan Wirfs
#5 Liam Eichenberg 
#6 Teven Jenkins
#7 Dillon Radunz
#8 Mekhi Becton
#9 Jedrick Willis
#10 Spencer Brown
Radunz over Becton AND Wills?!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 10:22 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I was really high on Becton, Wirfs and Thomas. I liked Wills alot as well but at RT. I wanted to drafted Wirfs like most did last year but i.would of started him at RG as i think he can be a All Pro RG as well and I disnt think Taylor's play would fall so hard from his rookie year. His rookie year wasn't stellar but it wasn't no where near as bad as this past year. I hope Urban can get him going and surprise some people because the talent is there for Taylor he just has to put in the work

I think Becton ends up being the best out of them all though and even better than Sewell now. I guy his size and the way he moves looks like the next Jonathan Ogden

(02-23-2021, 10:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not on my list. If we're judging the top guys as I had/have them rated before being drafted, I'd have........  
#1 Penei Sewell
#2 Christian Darrisaw 
#3 Andrew Thomas
#4 Tristan Wirfs
#5 Liam Eichenberg 
#6 Teven Jenkins
#7 Dillon Radunz
#8 Mekhi Becton
#9 Jedrick Willis
#10 Spencer Brown
Radunz over Becton AND Wills?!

This is not a list based on what Becton and Willis have done in the NFL. It's a list on how I would have ranked them before they played a down in the NFL. I was not high on Willis bvefore he was drafted and I've always believed down the road, Becton is gonna have issues keeping his weight under control. I also believe Radunz is gonna be a pretty good player. Maybe not a star LT, but I believe he has the potential to be as good as Eric Fisher.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 10:57 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-23-2021, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I  was really high on Becton, Wirfs and Thomas.  I liked Wills alot as well but at RT.  I wanted to drafted Wirfs like most did last year but i.would of started him at RG as i think he can be a All Pro RG as well and I disnt think Taylor's play would fall so hard from his rookie year.  His rookie year  wasn't stellar but it wasn't no where near as bad as this past year.  I hope Urban can get him going and surprise some people because the talent is there for Taylor he just has to put in the work

I think Becton ends up being the best out of them all though and even better than Sewell now.  I guy his size and the way he moves looks like the next Jonathan Ogden

I've always been very high on Wirfs. I believe he could play at a high level anyway you play him on the O-Line. I desperately wanted us to select him last year. 

I've always hated Taylor. I hated that we drafted a slower OT with knee issues. Some teams passed on him due to medical issues with those knees and he hasn't improved on his speed, getting out of his stance. It was an issue his rookie years and has only gotten worse. That is just something that cannot be coached, so I have no hope for him to get better. 

Becton ended up being a lot better than I anticipated, but I still have issues with his weight. I think down the road, if he doesn't get it under control, it's gonna be a problem and may shorten his career. For now though, he looks pretty good. There is no way I would ever rank him ahead of Sewell though.

I was very high on Andrew Thomas, but he started the season very rough. He did get better as the season went on and hopefully, can work out his issues. I'm reserving judgement on him. Some rookies just take a little longer to adjust.

(02-23-2021, 10:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I  was really high on Becton, Wirfs and Thomas.  I liked Wills alot as well but at RT.  I wanted to drafted Wirfs like most did last year but i.would of started him at RG as i think he can be a All Pro RG as well and I disnt think Taylor's play would fall so hard from his rookie year.  His rookie year  wasn't stellar but it wasn't no where near as bad as this past year.  I hope Urban can get him going and surprise some people because the talent is there for Taylor he just has to put in the work

I think Becton ends up being the best out of them all though and even better than Sewell now.  I guy his size and the way he moves looks like the next Jonathan Ogden

I've always been very high on Wirfs. I believe he could play at a high level anyway you play him on the O-Line. I desperately wanted us to select him last year. 

I've always hated Taylor. I hated that we drafted a slower OT with knee issues. Some teams passed on him due to medical issues with those knees and he hasn't improved on his speed, getting out of his stance. It was an issue his rookie years and has only gotten worse. That is just something that cannot be coached, so I have no hope for him to get better. 

Becton ended up being a lot better than I anticipated, but I still have issues with his weight. I think down the road, if he doesn't get it under control, it's gonna be a problem and may shorten his career. For now though, he looks pretty good. There is no way I would ever rank him ahead of Sewell though.

I was very high on Andrew Thomas, but he started the season very rough. He did get better as the season went on and hopefully, can work out his issues. I'm reserving judgement on him. Some rookies just take a little longer to adjust.
Almost everyone on here was high on Wirfs

Wirfs was the one everyone liked yeah, although I maintain it was stupid not to like Wills simply because he hadn't played LT before. It was painfully obvious he had the requisite movement skills and it's not that hard of a switch from a technical basis.

(02-23-2021, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Wirfs was the one everyone liked yeah, although I maintain it was stupid not to like Wills simply because he hadn't played LT before. It was painfully obvious he had the requisite movement skills and it's not that hard of a switch from a technical basis.
Wirfs Wills and Becton..... nah. Lets go CJ Henderson lol

Still hilarious.

(02-23-2021, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Wirfs was the one everyone liked yeah, although I maintain it was stupid not to like Wills simply because he hadn't played LT before. It was painfully obvious he had the requisite movement skills and it's not that hard of a switch from a technical basis.

Far from stupid, everything is the opposite.  I still don't think he will be better than Wirfs, Becton, or Thomas though.

I wanted Wirfs but I still think Henderson is gonna be a top corner and looking at it in a couple years it might not be a bad pick

(02-23-2021, 03:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wanted Wirfs but I still think Henderson is gonna be a top corner and looking at it in a couple years it might not be a bad pick
That’s doubtful.

Wirfs is gonna be an all-pro/pro bowl player for a long time. 

Henderson might be good but I doubt he ever reaches all-pro level. Wirfs is already there.

I think it's possible for us to find a starting T in that late first round group, but I am fearful that there won't be many by the time we pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!