Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(02-23-2021, 03:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: This OT class is better as far as depth and developmental prospects IMO, but it doesn't have quite the talent at the top. It's close though.

I think it's possible for us to find a starting T in that late first round group, but I am fearful that there won't be many by the time we pick.

I think Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are going to be gone. That leaves Jenkins, Cosmi, Radunz, and Eichenberg (and maaaaybe Vera-Tucker) as the guys I think can be early season if not day 1 upgrades at LT. Several should be available at 25 if not 33.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 06:19 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2021, 02:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Wirfs was the one everyone liked yeah, although I maintain it was stupid not to like Wills simply because he hadn't played LT before. It was painfully obvious he had the requisite movement skills and it's not that hard of a switch from a technical basis.
Wirfs Wills and Becton..... nah. Lets go CJ Henderson lol

Still hilarious.

That's what happens when you draft for need instead of BPA

(02-23-2021, 03:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 03:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wanted Wirfs but I still think Henderson is gonna be a top corner and looking at it in a couple years it might not be a bad pick
That’s doubtful.

Wirfs is gonna be an all-pro/pro bowl player for a long time. 

Henderson might be good but I doubt he ever reaches all-pro level. Wirfs is already there.
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Henderson reached All Pro level, he has the talent if he can stay healthy.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 04:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-23-2021, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Wirfs was the one everyone liked yeah, although I maintain it was stupid not to like Wills simply because he hadn't played LT before. It was painfully obvious he had the requisite movement skills and it's not that hard of a switch from a technical basis.

Don't act like Wills is some great player. He was the most penalized OT in the NFL last year. That is far from successful. He has a lot to prove. A lot.

Don't act like Wills is some great player. He was the most penalized OT in the NFL last year. That is far from successful. He has a lot to prove. A lot.

(02-23-2021, 02:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Wirfs Wills and Becton..... nah. Lets go CJ Henderson lol

Still hilarious.

I find it depressing.

(02-23-2021, 03:37 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 03:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I think it's possible for us to find a starting T in that late first round group, but I am fearful that there won't be many by the time we pick.

I think Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are going to be gone. That leaves Jenkins, Cosmi, Radunz, and Eichenberg (and maaaaybe Vera-Tucker) as the guys I think can be early season if not day 1 upgrades at LT.  Several should be available at 25 if not 33.

I have Slater and Vera Tucker as pure OG's. I think both could be very good pros if lined up on the interior. For OT, I really like Jenkins, Eichenberg and Radunz, but I hate Cosmi. He's way too raw and really needs a lot of work on his pass protection. I honestly don't know if he'd be any better than Robinson.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 04:52 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-23-2021, 03:37 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 03:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I think it's possible for us to find a starting T in that late first round group, but I am fearful that there won't be many by the time we pick.

I think Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are going to be gone. That leaves Jenkins, Cosmi, Radunz, and Eichenberg (and maaaaybe Vera-Tucker) as the guys I think can be early season if not day 1 upgrades at LT.  Several should be available at 25 if not 33.

That's how I see it...but I see a run at the position starting around pick 18-19.

I believe the better chance is for us to upgrade RT and maybe draft depth at LT a little later.  Not that LT is a lesser need than RT.  I just think the run will take away most of the pontential starting LTs, which is another reason I think we should pursue Trent Williams.

(02-23-2021, 04:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 03:37 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are going to be gone. That leaves Jenkins, Cosmi, Radunz, and Eichenberg (and maaaaybe Vera-Tucker) as the guys I think can be early season if not day 1 upgrades at LT.  Several should be available at 25 if not 33.

I have Slater and Vera Tucker as pure OG's. I think both could be very good pros if lined up on the interior. For OT, I really like Jenkins, Eichenberg and Radunz, but I hate Cosmi. He's way too raw and really needs a lot of work on his pass protection. I honestly don't know if he'd be any better than Robinson.

Why do you see them as OGs only?  Build?  Foot speed?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 06:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2021, 03:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: This OT class is better as far as depth and developmental prospects IMO, but it doesn't have quite the talent at the top. It's close though.

I think it's possible for us to find a starting T in that late first round group, but I am fearful that there won't be many by the time we pick.

I dont want to just find a starting T at 25, we need to be trying to find the Best Player Available whether it's LB, safety, CB or whatever

(02-23-2021, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I dont want to just find a starting T at 25, we need to be trying to find the Best Player Available whether it's LB, safety, CB or whatever
No safety should be in the top 25 of anyone’s BAP board in this draft.

(02-23-2021, 06:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont want to just find a starting T at 25, we need to be trying to find the Best Player Available whether it's LB, safety, CB or whatever

It won't shock me if Moehrig goes late first

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 07:40 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-23-2021, 04:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 03:37 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are going to be gone. That leaves Jenkins, Cosmi, Radunz, and Eichenberg (and maaaaybe Vera-Tucker) as the guys I think can be early season if not day 1 upgrades at LT.  Several should be available at 25 if not 33.

That's how I see it...but I see a run at the position starting around pick 18-19.

I believe the better chance is for us to upgrade RT and maybe draft depth at LT a little later.  Not that LT is a lesser need than RT.  I just think the run will take away most of the pontential starting LTs, which is another reason I think we should pursue Trent Williams.

(02-23-2021, 04:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have Slater and Vera Tucker as pure OG's. I think both could be very good pros if lined up on the interior. For OT, I really like Jenkins, Eichenberg and Radunz, but I hate Cosmi. He's way too raw and really needs a lot of work on his pass protection. I honestly don't know if he'd be any better than Robinson.

Why do you see them as OGs only?  Build?  Foot speed?

I am all for pursuing Trent Williams. He should be our #1 free agent priority. 

With Slater, it's his build. He is listed at 6'3" which means he's likely 6'2" and some change. Looking around the NFL, you don't see any great OT's that short. With Vera Tucker, he gets into trouble in space against speed rushers. I believe pushing him inside to OG where he has help on either side, would benefit him a lot. Both look to have bright futures as OG's, Slater in particular. I believe he could be a pro bowler.

(02-23-2021, 06:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont want to just find a starting T at 25, we need to be trying to find the Best Player Available whether it's LB, safety, CB or whatever

Agreed. I wouldn't take a Safety until the 3rd round. It's a fairly deep class, but absolutely no one has separated from the pack. There are several very good players in the class, just no elite prospects.

(02-23-2021, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No safety should be in the top 25 of anyone’s BAP board in this draft.

It won't shock me if Moehrig goes late first

That would be the reach of all reaches.

(02-23-2021, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

To be clear, I am not locked in to taking a T at 25.

I often speculate about taking a T at 25 because it seems that's where need may meet value at that spot in the draft based on everything I have seen.  Circumstances could easily dictate going in another position there (i.e. we sign Trent Williams).

Furthermore, given what Meyer said about not having to "blow up" the offensive line, I think the chances are substantial that we not go T at that spot.

You and I agree that it is of paramount importance we hit on the player taken, irrespective of position.

(02-23-2021, 07:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

To be clear, I am not locked in to taking a T at 25.

I often speculate about taking a T at 25 because it seems that's where need may meet value at that spot in the draft based on everything I have seen.  Circumstances could easily dictate going in another position there (i.e. we sign Trent Williams).

Furthermore, given what Meyer said about not having to "blow up" the offensive line, I think the chances are substantial that we not go T at that spot.

You and I agree that it is of paramount importance we hit on the player taken, irrespective of position.
I also agree it is paramount that we must "hit" at the LT position. We cannot just throw anyone into that spot. We finally have a franchise QB and throwing a sub-par LT in there to protect him could be disastrous. That's why I think we're pretty much all in agreement that our #1 option should be doing whatever we have to in order to sign Trent Williams in free agency. If we did that, we could use that #25 pick for one of the better CB's or DE/DT's that could fall. Although at some point in the draft, I'd still be on the lookout for competition for the RT job.

Dyami Brown is the mid to late round WR I hope we look at

(02-23-2021, 08:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: To be clear, I am not locked in to taking a T at 25.

I also agree it is paramount that we must "hit" at the LT position. We cannot just throw anyone into that spot. We finally have a franchise QB and throwing a sub-par LT in there to protect him could be disastrous. That's why I think we're pretty much all in agreement that our #1 option should be doing whatever we have to in order to sign Trent Williams in free agency. If we did that, we could use that #25 pick for one of the better CB's or DE/DT's that could fall. Although at some point in the draft, I'd still be on the lookout for competition for the RT job.

Exactly.

It goes like this:

1.  If we sign Trent WIlliams, T becomes much lower on the list of priorities.  LT is solved...RT can be found in later rounds, though I sure wouldn't mind a Jalen Mayfield at the top of the 2nd.  We wouldn't need to trade the 25 for Brown.

2.  If we either re-sign Cam Robinson, or sign a guy like Villanueva, we are not out of the woods at LT, and still have the question at RT.  The T position is a huge need, and not only do we need to prioritize the position, we may need to trade up to adequately address it.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 08:49 PM by Upper.)

All of the guys I mentioned would be in the top tier available. I don't get this mental stumbling block that makes you obsessively think that any time someone mentions a certain position it automatically makes it a reach.

We are perfectly capable of blending need and value when we makes our wish lists.

Also, Dyami is going to be gone by the end of day 2 imo.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 08:55 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-23-2021, 08:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I also agree it is paramount that we must "hit" at the LT position. We cannot just throw anyone into that spot. We finally have a franchise QB and throwing a sub-par LT in there to protect him could be disastrous. That's why I think we're pretty much all in agreement that our #1 option should be doing whatever we have to in order to sign Trent Williams in free agency. If we did that, we could use that #25 pick for one of the better CB's or DE/DT's that could fall. Although at some point in the draft, I'd still be on the lookout for competition for the RT job.

Exactly.

It goes like this:

1.  If we sign Trent WIlliams, T becomes much lower on the list of priorities.  LT is solved...RT can be found in later rounds, though I sure wouldn't mind a Jalen Mayfield at the top of the 2nd.  We wouldn't need to trade the 25 for Brown.

2.  If we either re-sign Cam Robinson, or sign a guy like Villanueva, we are not out of the woods at LT, and still have the question at RT.  The T position is a huge need, and not only do we need to prioritize the position, we may need to trade up to adequately address it.

That would be my nightmare!

(02-23-2021, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dyami Brown is the mid to late round WR I hope we look at

I do really like him. I think he'd be perfect for the Bengals.

(02-23-2021, 08:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Exactly.

It goes like this:

That would be my nightmare!

(02-23-2021, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dyami Brown is the mid to late round WR I hope we look at

He'd be perfect for here

(02-23-2021, 08:48 PM)Upper Wrote:

All of the guys I mentioned would be in the top tier available. I don't get this mental stumbling block that makes you obsessively think that any time someone mentions a certain position it automatically makes it a reach.

We are perfectly capable of blending need and value when we makes our wish lists.

Also, Dyami is going to be gone by the end of day 2 imo.

Because a lot of times it is if you are just looking to draft a certain position.  If it's one of those time when BPA meets needs then that's perfect. But I disagree all those guys you mentioned will be in the top tier available when it's our pick.  I'd be food with Dyami in the 3rd or 4th depending on who is still on the board, that's why I added mid to late

(02-23-2021, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be my nightmare!

He'd be perfect for here

I think a lot of people on this board who want receivers in the draft are gonna be shocked at the leaps our current receivers take next season, once Lawrence is under Center. I really think Chark is gonna be a top 10 receiver in 2021 and Shenault is gonna be a terriffic #2. I can also see Collin Johnson becoming a solid redzone target. Having a good QB is gonna elevate the play of everyone in the passing game and I really like our starters. If we could somehow get Dyami Brown in the 5th, I'd be all over that, but that's a longshot. I believe he will be selected much earlier. The kid is my favorite "under the radar" WR.

(02-23-2021, 09:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He'd be perfect for here

I think a lot of people on this board who want receivers in the draft are gonna be shocked at the leaps our current receivers take next season, once Lawrence is under Center. I really think Chark is gonna be a top 10 receiver in 2021 and Shenault is gonna be a terriffic #2. I can also see Collin Johnson becoming a solid redzone target. Having a good QB is gonna elevate the play of everyone in the passing game and I really like our starters. If we could somehow get Dyami Brown in the 5th, I'd be all over that, but that's a longshot. I believe he will be selected much earlier. The kid is my favorite "under the radar" WR.

We need to constantly keep adding weapons. That's the current NFL. Two good WRs doesn't carry a passing game anymore. Adding one of the big 3 TE FA and drafting a day 2 WR would be pretty perfect.

(02-23-2021, 09:41 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think a lot of people on this board who want receivers in the draft are gonna be shocked at the leaps our current receivers take next season, once Lawrence is under Center. I really think Chark is gonna be a top 10 receiver in 2021 and Shenault is gonna be a terriffic #2. I can also see Collin Johnson becoming a solid redzone target. Having a good QB is gonna elevate the play of everyone in the passing game and I really like our starters. If we could somehow get Dyami Brown in the 5th, I'd be all over that, but that's a longshot. I believe he will be selected much earlier. The kid is my favorite "under the radar" WR.

We need to constantly keep adding weapons. That's the current NFL. Two good WRs doesn't carry a passing game anymore. Adding one of the big 3 TE FA and drafting a day 2 WR would be pretty perfect.

You are able to keep adding weapons when you have a fairly complete team. At this point, we're just trying to add enough pieces to be competitive. I'll worry about depth, once we get starters at key positions.