Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 draft rumors and tweets

McNeil is more than a NT he is a good pass rusher, and he has dropped 20 lbs so he can play his natural 3/5 tech.

I disagree that we don't need more offensive weapons. Moore would be a hugely helpful addition for our offense.

There will be a good CB available at 65. Probably not Newsome or Stokes (maaaybe Stokes people are pretty polarized by him) but Robinson, Meli, Holland, Campbell, Joseph...a few of them will be there and be a good pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-25-2021, 01:52 PM)Upper Wrote: McNeil is more than a NT he is a good pass rusher, and he has dropped 20 lbs so he can play his natural 3/5 tech.

I disagree that we don't need more offensive weapons. Moore would be a hugely helpful addition for our offense.

There will be a good CB available at 65. Probably not Newsome or Stokes (maaaybe Stokes people are pretty polarized by him) but Robinson, Meli, Holland, Campbell, Joseph...a few of them will be there and be a good pick.
Unless some really good D prospects fall to our picks and they become massive value, I’m going offense for 80% of this draft.

If they walk away with Lawrence, Oline and Moore with their first 3 picks, that’s perfect.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 04:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-25-2021, 01:52 PM)Upper Wrote: McNeil is more than a NT he is a good pass rusher, and he has dropped 20 lbs so he can play his natural 3/5 tech.

One sack in 11 games? That's not much of a pass rusher. 

Lawrence will make our current weapons look much better. 

Robinson is more like a 3rd rounder. I like his teammate, Tay Gowan, much better. I'm not as high on Campbell or Joseph, although I do like them. I think they will be good, just not elite. Melifonwu would make me happy if he's there at #45. I'm looking to draft an elite CB, because as bad as our secondary is, we're gonna need at least one "shutdown" guy.

(02-25-2021, 02:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Unless some really good D prospects fall to our picks and they become massive value, I’m going offense for 80% of this draft.

If they walk away with Lawrence, Oline and Moore with their first 3 picks, that’s perfect.

Then we better score like 40 points a game, because our secondary SUCKS!

(02-25-2021, 04:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

One sack in 11 games? That's not much of a pass rusher. 

Robinson is more like a 3rd rounder. I like his teammate, Tay Gowan, much better. I'm not as high on Campbell or Joseph, although I do like them. I think they will be good, just not elite. Melifonwu would make me happy if he's there at #45. I'm looking to draft an elite CB, because as bad as our secondary is, we're gonna need at least one "shutdown" guy.

(02-25-2021, 02:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Unless some really good D prospects fall to our picks and they become massive value, I’m going offense for 80% of this draft.

Spend some FA money on defense.

My #1 goal is protecting Trevor and giving him as many weapons as possible.

Spend some FA money on defense and draft heavy D next year in the draft.

(02-25-2021, 04:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 04:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: One sack in 11 games? That's not much of a pass rusher. 

Spend some FA money on defense.

My #1 goal is protecting Trevor and giving him as many weapons as possible.

Spend some FA money on defense and draft heavy D next year in the draft.

Who would you go after in free agency? 

It looks like Justin Simmons and Marcus Maye are gonna get tagged. That really cuts into the Safeties that will be available. It pretty much only leaves Marcus Williams as a high end player at the position. 

There isn't much out there as far as CB's either. Patrick Peterson isn't the player he once was and neither are Richard Sherman, Josh Norman or Jason McCourty. Xavier Rhodes or William Jackson might be intriguing targets, but I don't see much else at the CB position and we're gonna need another starter as well as a Nickle. 

As far as D-Line, Leonard Williams is an ideal fit, but will he be available when free agency starts? I heard reports he was close to re-signing with the Giants, but now, they are saying he isn't, but they could tag him. Kerry Hyder is an interesting prospect and has the size to play inside as a 3 technique or outside as a 5 technique. Ndamukong Suh had a nice year, but he's 34. How much does he have in the tank? I definitely re-sign Dawuane Smoot though. He had a really nice season and he wasn't even a starter. Trey Hendrickson will be the prize of the free agent DE class, but is he strictly a 4-3 DE? At 270 lbs, he appears to be more of a pure 4-3 DE or possibly a 3-4 OLB. 

Free agency on the defensive side of the football is "iffy". There isn't a lot out there.

Can you imagine if Trevor becomes Ryan Leaf and Zach Wilson becomes Peyton Manning?

That'd be so #becausejaguars.

League history is on our side though - usually the one that's been touted for years as THE #1 pick will be great. But hey.. our Jags history says otherwise

1. I usually have included Gowan too he slipped my mind this time and makes my point even stronger.

2. Johnson III should hit the market and be an excellent safety for us.

(02-25-2021, 05:59 PM)Upper Wrote: 1. I usually have included Gowan too he slipped my mind this time and makes my point even stronger.

I'd take Johnson over Williams but I like both.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 06:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-25-2021, 05:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Can you imagine if Trevor becomes Ryan Leaf and Zach Wilson becomes Peyton Manning?

That'd be so #becausejaguars.

League history is on our side though - usually the one that's been touted for years as THE #1 pick will be great. But hey.. our Jags history says otherwise

I don't see any Ryan Leaf in either one. I believe both Wilson and Lawrence will be very good NFL QB's, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Wilson turns out to be the better player in 4-5 years. It all depends on the situation each lands in and how much their respective teams are willing to build around them. If we are able to stabilize the O-Line, I believe Lawrence will make the bigger impact right away though, (assuming Wilson goes to the Jets.)

(02-25-2021, 05:59 PM)Upper Wrote: 1. I usually have included Gowan too he slipped my mind this time and makes my point even stronger.

I just read an article that said the Rams are considering tagging Johnson and trading him.

I really like McNeil as a prospect and would be very happy if we were to draft him.
I think the team will sign a FA safety.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Is aj bouye washed up? I would at least bring him in for a look. He was cut by denver right so isnt he avail now?

(02-25-2021, 11:46 PM)surfon Wrote: Is aj bouye washed up?  I would at least bring him in for a look.  He was cut by denver right so isnt he avail now?

Yes. He is very washed up.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 11:03 PM by Upper.)

Not a Jags one in particular, but the Walker Little hype is intriguing to me.

PFF has been talking about all of the buzz they have been getting about how good he has looked in his training, then I believe it was Mayweather said he was invited to see Little in a workout and he looks incredible, and then Kiper had him at 31 to the Chiefs in his latest mock.

Obviously we all know about the superlative pedigree he had and then an up and down but extremely flashy freshman year, but it sounds like the opt out mystery man should firmly be on our radar at 33...maybe even 25.

(02-26-2021, 10:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Not a Jags one in particular, but the Walker Little hype is intriguing to me.

PFF has been talking about all of the buzz they have been getting about how good he has looked in his training, then I believe it was Mayweather said he was invited to see Little in a workout and he looks incredible, and then Kiper had him at 31 to the Chiefs in his latest mock.

Obviously we all know about the superlative pedigree he had and then an up and down but extremely flashy freshman year, but it sounds like the opt out mystery man should firmly be on our radar at 33...maybe even 25.

A few years ago he was supposed to be tackle number 1

(02-26-2021, 11:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 10:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Not a Jags one in particular, but the Walker Little hype is intriguing to me.

A few years ago he was supposed to be tackle number 1

Yep, and then an injury and an opt out later he's fallen for reasonable but also undeserved reasons. If he had played those two years I think there's a good chance he's a top 10 player. I would feel pretty scared taking that gamble at 25, but at 33 I think I would take a swing on Little and hope to hit a home run.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 12:47 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/JustinM_NFL/status/1...56672?s=20

Walter Football has Newton mocked to us with our 2nd, 2nd round pick. A first round pick if it wasn't for his injury history

(02-27-2021, 12:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JustinM_NFL/status/1...56672?s=20

Walter Football has Newton mocked to us with our 2nd, 2nd round pick.  A first round pick if it wasn't for his injury history

This would make me very happy. I love Newsome.

Newsome wouldn't be my dream pick at 33, but he'd be on the short list. Would be happy.

Report: Louisville RB Javian Hawkins has met with Jags this offseason

(02-27-2021, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Report: Louisville RB Javian Hawkins has met with Jags this offseason

Not a horrible option, if he is taken in the last 2 rounds or as an UDFA, but I'd rather have Michael Carter, Jaret Patterson or Kenneth Gainwell. I believe any one of those guys would be a perfect compliment to James Robinson.