Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 draft rumors and tweets

We better not even think of taking a RB before the 5th round.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2021, 03:21 PM)Upper Wrote: We better not even think of taking a RB before the 5th round.

Agree 100%.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 04:40 PM by ATLjag.)

(02-26-2021, 10:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Not a Jags one in particular, but the Walker Little hype is intriguing to me.

PFF has been talking about all of the buzz they have been getting about how good he has looked in his training, then I believe it was Mayweather said he was invited to see Little in a workout and he looks incredible, and then Kiper had him at 31 to the Chiefs in his latest mock.

Obviously we all know about the superlative pedigree he had and then an up and down but extremely flashy freshman year, but it sounds like the opt out mystery man should firmly be on our radar at 33...maybe even 25.

I really hadn't given him much thought until you mentioned him.  The below linked article is a good read and analysis on him.  He sounds like a 2nd to 3rd rounder to me, with upside.  The concern of getting beat by speed rushers, lack of playing in 2 years, and the knee injury makes me a little nervous to see him protecting Trevor at LT right away.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/walke...ve-tackle/

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 07:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Report: Jags held virtual meeting with explosive Boise State KR Avery Williams

Urban looking at all these fast explosive players. I could see us taking Williams late as Urban is a Special Teams Coach

https://youtu.be/UEsagcLrjtc

(02-27-2021, 04:39 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 10:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Not a Jags one in particular, but the Walker Little hype is intriguing to me.

PFF has been talking about all of the buzz they have been getting about how good he has looked in his training, then I believe it was Mayweather said he was invited to see Little in a workout and he looks incredible, and then Kiper had him at 31 to the Chiefs in his latest mock.

Obviously we all know about the superlative pedigree he had and then an up and down but extremely flashy freshman year, but it sounds like the opt out mystery man should firmly be on our radar at 33...maybe even 25.

I really hadn't given him much thought until you mentioned him.  The below linked article is a good read and analysis on him.  He sounds like a 2nd to 3rd rounder to me, with upside.  The concern of getting beat by speed rushers, lack of playing in 2 years, and the knee injury makes me a little nervous to see him protecting Trevor at LT right away.

I do not like him at all.

(02-27-2021, 04:39 PM)ATLjag Wrote:

I think he would br a good pick at 45 or in the 3rd if we tag Cam

I thought Little would be a mid/late 2nd rounder until recently. The people who have seen his workouts lately are just gushing about him. I think we would have to take him at 33 at the latest, and there's a good chance he'll be gone by then. I would be nervous about it and he wouldn't be my first choice by any means, but I wouldn't hate picking him at 25. We have enough picks to swing for the fences a little more than usual, and if he hits he could easily be the 2nd best tackle from this class.

According to reports, Minnesota WR Rasod Bateman ran a sub 4.4/40 at the EXOS Combine and La. Tech DT/DE Milton Williams ran a 4.63 at 286 lbs. EXOS is a training facility for players entering the draft and they held a virtual Combine for players at their facility yesterday. I also saw an unsubstantiated claim that Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley ran a 4.24/40, but I can't find confirmation. Keep in mind this is not exact/official times like at the Indy Combine, but if they are even close, it's very impressive.

I'm a huge fan of Milton Williams. I would love for the Jags to take him in round 4, if he makes it that far. He had 4.5 sacks last season on a defense without much talent around him.

Just saw something on youtube from Mike Florio, where he floated the idea of the Jaguars going after Saints' WR Michael Thomas in trade.

He cited the Ohio State connection between Thomas and Meyer, the Saints' salary cap issues and the locker room issues between Thomas and the Saints, and the need for the Jaguars to have a WR to "grow u" with Trevor Lawrence.

Thomas is a heckupva WR with great hands. He is still very much in his prime. There will be a need for a WR, but I'm not sure if the team should trade draft capital for him.

Perhaps if...

1. We sign Trent Williams in free agency as opposed to trading for Orlando Brown...

2. We don't spend a 1 trading for him.Then I might be interested.

Thoughts?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

No thanks to Thomas. We don't need to give up a lot of draft capital and a ton of money for slant routes, even if they are good slants. Curtis Samuel seems like the obvious fit if we want to bolster the WR corps with a veteran.

(02-28-2021, 03:02 PM)Upper Wrote: No thanks to Thomas. We don't need to give up a lot of draft capital and a ton of money for slant routes, even if they are good slants. Curtis Samuel seems like the obvious fit if we want to bolster the WR corps with a veteran.

I'm not crazy about either one of those options. Thomas would cost a fortune and I like our current receivers. 

I think Samuel is extremely overrated. 

No need to spend big money on a FA WR. We have good, young players at the position. IMO, we just need depth, not starters. I'm fine, going into the season with Chark, Shenault and Johnson as the starters. I'd like to re-sign Keelan Cole as well. I think that is a really solid group. We have a deep threat (Chark), a possession receiver (Shenault) and a big redzone target (Johnson.)

(02-28-2021, 08:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think Samuel is extremely overrated. 

Someone hasn't read much of Matt Harmon. Samuel would be awesome for us.

(02-28-2021, 10:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 08:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think Samuel is extremely overrated. 

Reception Perception is the holy grail of WR info.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 01:33 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-28-2021, 10:28 PM)Upper Wrote:

I have no clue who that is. Is he related to Mark Harmon of NCIS? LOL.

(03-01-2021, 01:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 10:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Someone hasn't read much of Matt Harmon. Samuel would be awesome for us.

I have no clue who that is. Is he related to Mark Harmon of NCIS? LOL.
Lol he is not.

He’s a fantasy/football analyst who tracks a ton of WRs routes. He absolutely loves Diggs and pretty much said he was going to blow up this year.

He tracks to see if a WR wins the route even if the ball isn’t thrown their way. And he tracks all types of routes to see which ones they succeed at best. Check him out. He’s awesome.

When he tracked Samuel, Samuel continually beat his man over and over again but the ball either wasn’t thrown his way or was uncatchable (basically the entire 2019 season with awful QB play).

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 02:37 PM by Upper.)

(03-01-2021, 08:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 01:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have no clue who that is. Is he related to Mark Harmon of NCIS? LOL.
Lol he is not.

He’s a fantasy/football analyst who tracks a ton of WRs routes. He absolutely loves Diggs and pretty much said he was going to blow up this year.

He tracks to see if a WR wins the route even if the ball isn’t thrown their way. And he tracks all types of routes to see which ones they succeed at best. Check him out. He’s awesome.

When he tracked Samuel, Samuel continually beat his man over and over again but the ball either wasn’t thrown his way or was uncatchable (basically the entire 2019 season with awful QB play).

Harmon was also the first guy that really really loved Arob and predicted Godwin and Ridley's nuclear seasons before anyone else too. He worked for NFL.com at the time so he got access to a lot of the chip tracking stuff info we don't get so he had more info on players that created separation and ran better/sharper routes and stuff. Basically, if he says a WR is good or at least better than perceived, you should want that player whether it's real life or in fantasy.

Not to mention the Meyer connection and perfect fit for a versatile weapon in a spread and shred offense.

(03-01-2021, 02:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol he is not.

Harmon was also the first guy that really really loved Arob and predicted Godwin and Ridley's nuclear seasons before anyone else too. He worked for NFL.com at the time so he got access to a lot of the chip tracking stuff info we don't get so he had more info on players that created separation and ran better/sharper routes and stuff. Basically, if he says a WR is good or at least better than perceived, you should want that player whether it's real life or in fantasy.

Not to mention the Meyer connection and perfect fit for a versatile weapon in a spread and shred offense.
Exactly. He’s a great follow for anyone who wants a super in depth look at WRs. He also loves Lockett.

He’s currently working for Yahoo if anyone wants to give him a follow. As we get closer to summer, he will start to get more into detail.

(02-27-2021, 01:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Newsome wouldn't be my dream pick at 33, but he'd be on the short list. Would be happy.

Not sure if I'm happy about the building rumors that we like him at 25.

Even less happy about the podcast that just mocked us Etienne at 25. Fire Urban on the spot if he does that.

(03-02-2021, 04:03 PM)Upper Wrote: Even less happy about the podcast that just mocked us Etienne at 25. Fire Urban on the spot if he does that.

I like Etienne as a player, but I agree that would not be the right thing to do with the 25th pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!