Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Frozen Wind Turbines in Texas Expose Major Flaw in Renewable Energy

(02-18-2021, 12:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 12:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The only issue I would have with this is if he was telling everyone that they couldn’t leave the state while he himself was getting the hell out of Dodge.

Self deception is the worst kind of deception.
If Beto was the one who escaped to Cancun, you'd be outraged, and you know it.

Why? Is Beto telling people they should stay home while he went on vacation? You’re right then, Id be outraged!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh, the faux outrage of the left who were nowhere to be seen or heard when their own leadership lived normal lives while forcing everyone else not to.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 03:18 PM by The Real Marty.)

(02-18-2021, 02:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Oh, the faux outrage of the left who were nowhere to be seen or heard when their own leadership lived normal lives while forcing everyone else not to.

If you're talking about me, I am not on the left, and I am not outraged.  I'm amused.  Ted Cruz jets off to Cancun, leaving his constituents to shiver in the dark.  <You have to admit, that's a great sentence.  He's lucky he's not running for re-election any time soon.  I wonder if he can be recalled.

I'm confused.. Are people in Texas not allowed to leave their state during this weather fiasco?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-18-2021, 02:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 12:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Self deception is the worst kind of deception.
If Beto was the one who escaped to Cancun, you'd be outraged, and you know it.

Why? Is Beto telling people they should stay home while he went on vacation? You’re right then, Id be outraged!

Actually I was wrong to bring him up. He's a famous Democrat from Texas but he's also currently a private citizen. 
Suppose it was Al Green or Sheila Jackson Lee.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-18-2021, 03:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm confused.. Are people in Texas not allowed to leave their state during this weather fiasco?

Apparently not.

(02-18-2021, 03:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 02:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why? Is Beto telling people they should stay home while he went on vacation? You’re right then, Id be outraged!

Actually I was wrong to bring him up. He's a famous Democrat from Texas but he's also currently a private citizen. 
Suppose it was Al Green or Sheila Jackson Lee.

Again, unless they were telling everyone one thing and doing something different it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 03:55 PM by The Real Marty.)

Beto O'Rourke is organizing wellness checks for seniors while Ted Cruz jets off to Cancun, leaving his constituents to shiver in the dark.

But it's okay!  Because they'll all allowed to leave the state if they want.

(02-18-2021, 03:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Beto O'Rourke is organizing wellness checks for seniors while Ted Cruz jets off to Cancun, leaving his constituents to shiver in the dark.

LOL, do you want Ted to deliver hot soup to his constituents? Do you believe any politician is capable of actually helping anybody?

(02-18-2021, 01:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He took a planned vacation.  What's the big deal about that?

He stepped on his crank. Leaving to go bask on a beach while the masses shiver in dark homes is not a good look or effective leadership. 

Granted, were he a dem the press would’ve ignored or hedged it. Perhaps even given him an Emmy. But he should have stayed in Texas.

Meh...

Meanwhile President Biden learned how to play "Super Mario" or something like that and wears some "swag" according to our hard hitting journalists lemmings in the MSM.  No declaration of a state of emergency?

It's certainly not a good look or effective leadership.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-18-2021, 03:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Beto O'Rourke is organizing wellness checks for seniors while Ted Cruz jets off to Cancun, leaving his constituents to shiver in the dark.

So... did Beto do that for the people or for Beto?

(02-18-2021, 04:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

LOL, do you want Ted to deliver hot soup to his constituents? Do you believe any politician is capable of actually helping anybody?

Isn't that what they're elected to do?  Help people?  

No, he doesn't have to deliver hot soup, but jetting off to Cancun "leaving his constituents to shiver in the dark" is not a good look.  In fact, it's a comically bad look.   If he ever runs for re-election or for President, his opponents will hang this around his neck like nobody's business.  Man, the attack ads that will come out of this will be devastating.

(02-18-2021, 03:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm confused.. Are people in Texas not allowed to leave their state during this weather fiasco?

Nope.  Evidently their "papers are not in order" and are not allowed to take a pre-planned vacation because of the weather.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-18-2021, 04:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: LOL, do you want Ted to deliver hot soup to his constituents? Do you believe any politician is capable of actually helping anybody?

No, he doesn't have to deliver hot soup, but jetting off to Cancun "leaving his constituents to shiver in the dark" is not a good look.  In fact, it's a comically bad look.   If he ever runs for re-election or for President, his opponents will hang this around his neck like nobody's business.  Man, the attack ads that will come out of this will be devastating.

The problem is that the people elected to "help people" in this case are their mayors, governor and in the case of Federal government The President.  What exactly is a member of congress supposed to do?

(02-18-2021, 04:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: LOL, do you want Ted to deliver hot soup to his constituents? Do you believe any politician is capable of actually helping anybody?

Don't get me wrong. Ted Cruz is an absolute idiot for doing this. TBH, I thought he was a viable GOP candidate in 2024 and no doubt this will be used, but it will fizzle in no time.

(02-18-2021, 04:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Isn't that what they're elected to do?  Help people?  

The problem is that the people elected to "help people" in this case are their mayors, governor and in the case of Federal government The President.  What exactly is a member of congress supposed to do?

Oh, I don't know.  Show a little leadership?  Try to help out somehow?  Act like he cares?  

Can't you admit that at the very least, this is political malpractice?

(02-18-2021, 04:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Isn't that what they're elected to do?  Help people?  

His role is to re-write federal law and investigate government officials.
He could be appropriating relief dollars to Texas residents and energy companies
He could be appropriating money for projects connecting Texas's grid to the rest of the country
He could be investigating if the Department of Energy foresaw this situation and if they did anything to prevent it.
Handing out blankets and firewood would be nice, too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-18-2021, 04:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The problem is that the people elected to "help people" in this case are their mayors, governor and in the case of Federal government The President.  What exactly is a member of congress supposed to do?

Oh, I don't know.  Show a little leadership?  Try to help out somehow?  Act like he cares?  

This is political malpractice but let me guess, it's not political malpractice to let a bunch of insurrectionists take over a town in a district, call it Chaz, burn down and high jack it's own businesses and people for political gain and basically take a neighborhood hostage?

Or how about not giving a total crap about your community while homeless people defecate in the streets and on the sidewalk? That's totally fine, right? Besides, the piece of [BLEEP] who runs that district is sitting in her mansion surrounded by a huge security WALL, eating ice cream out of her $20,000 refrigerator..

All you do is cherry pick your crusades and move goal posts to fit your narrative.. You're as useless as your sister, Mikesez..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-18-2021, 04:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Nope.  Evidently their "papers are not in order" and are not allowed to take a pre-planned vacation because of the weather.
Except it wasn’t preplanned.....

He blamed it on his daughters wanting to get away with friends lol

(02-18-2021, 04:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The problem is that the people elected to "help people" in this case are their mayors, governor and in the case of Federal government The President.  What exactly is a member of congress supposed to do?

It's "political malpractice" only to the "woke" and "sensitive" portions of our population.  As usual the hard hitting journalists lemmings of the MSM are making this more than it is.  The new "source" is Twitter.

(02-18-2021, 05:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Nope.  Evidently their "papers are not in order" and are not allowed to take a pre-planned vacation because of the weather.
Except it wasn’t preplanned.....

Whatever you say cupcake.  Are you saying that he thought "man it's cold and the power is out, let's go to Cancun"?  Someone in his position doesn't just decide on a whim to up-and-leave the country at a moment's notice.

(02-18-2021, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Oh, I don't know.  Show a little leadership?  Try to help out somehow?  Act like he cares?  

It's "political malpractice" only to the "woke" and "sensitive" portions of our population.  As usual the hard hitting journalists lemmings of the MSM are making this more than it is.  The new "source" is Twitter.

(02-18-2021, 05:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except it wasn’t preplanned.....

Whatever you say cupcake.  Are you saying that he thought "man it's cold and the power is out, let's go to Cancun"?  Someone in his position doesn't just decide on a whim to up-and-leave the country at a moment's notice.
No reason for the name calling but ok.

And yes. That’s exactly what he did. He even said it himself.