Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Frozen Wind Turbines in Texas Expose Major Flaw in Renewable Energy

(02-18-2021, 05:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Oh, I don't know.  Show a little leadership?  Try to help out somehow?  Act like he cares?  

Can't you admit that at the very least, this is political malpractice?

This is political malpractice but let me guess, it's not political malpractice to let a bunch of insurrectionists take over a town in a district, call it Chaz, burn down and high jack it's own businesses and people for political gain and basically take a neighborhood hostage?

Or how about not giving a total crap about your community while homeless people defecate in the streets and on the sidewalk? That's totally fine, right? Besides, the piece of [BLEEP] who runs that district is sitting in her mansion surrounded by a huge security WALL, eating ice cream out of her $20,000 refrigerator..

All you do is cherry pick your crusades and move goal posts to fit your narrative.. You're as useless as your sister, Mikesez..

I don't have a vote for Seattle mayor or city council.  

If there's ever a CHAZ in my area, I'd demand my city council act quicker than Seattle's did.

If there was human feces on my sidewalks, I'd demand action.  Specifically to large pacific coast cities, I'd demand relaxed zoning laws so more affordable housing and more homeless shelters can be built.

But I'd be outvoted.  They are hypocrites in Seattle and San Fran.  But that's none of my business.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's "political malpractice" only to the "woke" and "sensitive" portions of our population.  As usual the hard hitting journalists lemmings of the MSM are making this more than it is.  The new "source" is Twitter.

Whatever you say cupcake.  Are you saying that he thought "man it's cold and the power is out, let's go to Cancun"?  Someone in his position doesn't just decide on a whim to up-and-leave the country at a moment's notice.
No reason for the name calling but ok.

And yes. That’s exactly what he did. He even said it himself.

So is ABC News wrong?

Quote:Cruz was initially scheduled to return to Texas on Saturday with his family, but changed his reservation in the morning to return this evening, according to a source familiar with his travel schedule.

Cruz’s office told ABC News the senator was tested this morning for COVID-19 to comply with the new mandate requiring citizens to present a negative test before traveling to the United States.

Cruz headed to Cancun, Mexico, for a long-planned family vacation, various media outlets had reported, including The Associated Press, CNN and Fox News.

So does "long-planned family vacation" mean that he left hours after the power went out, or could it be (gasp!) that this trip was already planned?

This is pretty much a non-story unless it's the MSM hard hitting journalists lemmings putting it out along with the Twitter crowd.

Lost in all of this is where is The President regarding the situation?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-18-2021, 05:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This is political malpractice but let me guess, it's not political malpractice to let a bunch of insurrectionists take over a town in a district, call it Chaz, burn down and high jack it's own businesses and people for political gain and basically take a neighborhood hostage?

Or how about not giving a total crap about your community while homeless people defecate in the streets and on the sidewalk? That's totally fine, right? Besides, the piece of [BLEEP] who runs that district is sitting in her mansion surrounded by a huge security WALL, eating ice cream out of her $20,000 refrigerator..

All you do is cherry pick your crusades and move goal posts to fit your narrative.. You're as useless as your sister, Mikesez..

I don't have a vote for Seattle mayor or city council.  

If there's ever a CHAZ in my area, I'd demand my city council act quicker than Seattle's did.

If there was human feces on my sidewalks, I'd demand action.  Specifically to large pacific coast cities, I'd demand relaxed zoning laws so more affordable housing and more homeless shelters can be built.

But I'd be outvoted.  They are hypocrites in Seattle and San Fran.  But that's none of my business.

After running through my mikesez translation machine.

Quote:Even though there are human feces and needles on the sidewalks in Nancy Pelosi's district, she gets a pass.  The people that do this should get "free" housing and money to support their drug habit.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 07:09 PM by TJBender.)

(02-18-2021, 01:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 11:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Meanwhile, Senator Ted Cruz has taken off for Cancun, leaving his constituents to shiver in the dark.  

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic...story.html

He took a planned vacation.  What's the big deal about that?

His home state is in a deep freeze, his constituents have no power or heat, and instead of, I don't know, helping to make sure his constituents are ok and have access to the help they need, he's like, "Screw you guys, I'm going to Cancun!".

Best-case scenario, he's that big of an [BLEEP]. You guys want to whine about Texas being purple, [BLEEP] like this is how you make a red state blue. I know a lifelong Republican in his 60's out there who voted for Trump twice and supported the effort to overturn a legal, lawful election, and when I talked to him today, some of the earlier words out of his mouth were, "I'm voting for that Beto guy. [BLEEP] this."

(02-18-2021, 07:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He took a planned vacation.  What's the big deal about that?

His home state is in a deep freeze, his constituents have no power or heat, and instead of, I don't know, helping to make sure his constituents are ok and have access to the help they need, he's like, "Screw you guys, I'm going to Cancun!".

Best-case scenario, he's that big of an [BLEEP]. You guys want to whine about Texas being purple, [BLEEP] like this is how you make a red state blue. I know a lifelong Republican in his 60's out there who voted for Trump twice and supported the effort to overturn a legal, lawful election, and when I talked to him today, some of the earlier words out of his mouth were, "I'm voting for that Beto guy. [BLEEP] this."

[Image: C77283-C7-6-BC7-497-A-B0-CA-C31-EF96-F7-C85.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-17-2021, 05:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 05:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Woke toasters everywhere are offended.

Toaster Lives Matter

My toaster has a political science degree from #WokeForest.

(02-18-2021, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No reason for the name calling but ok.

So is ABC News wrong?

Quote:Cruz was initially scheduled to return to Texas on Saturday with his family, but changed his reservation in the morning to return this evening, according to a source familiar with his travel schedule.

Cruz’s office told ABC News the senator was tested this morning for COVID-19 to comply with the new mandate requiring citizens to present a negative test before traveling to the United States.

Cruz headed to Cancun, Mexico, for a long-planned family vacation, various media outlets had reported, including The Associated Press, CNN and Fox News.

So does "long-planned family vacation" mean that he left hours after the power went out, or could it be (gasp!) that this trip was already planned?

This is pretty much a non-story unless it's the MSM hard hitting journalists lemmings putting it out along with the Twitter crowd.

“With school canceled for the week, my girls asked to take a trip with friends.” You conveniently left this out.....

This implies that the decision was made when the storm was happening and not some long pre planned trip.

Regardless, it’s all semantics. It’s not a good look to leave the people of your state when they are suffering the most. Especially when it’s to go to Cancun, where the weather is a 180 from the people in need in your state.

(02-18-2021, 07:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He took a planned vacation.  What's the big deal about that?

How exactly is a U.S. Senator supposed to do that?  It used to be that a Senator didn't have "constituents".  He doesn't represent "the people" from his state he represents the state.

So he should cancel a planned vacation because the weather in his home state is bad?

Where is The President in all of this?  Did anyone tell him about what is going on in not only Texas but many other states?

(02-18-2021, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So is ABC News wrong?

“With school canceled for the week, my girls asked to take a trip with friends.” You conveniently left this out.....

This implies that the decision was made when the storm was happening and not some long pre planned trip.

Regardless, it’s all semantics. It’s not a good look to leave the people of your state when they are suffering the most. Especially when it’s to go to Cancun, where the weather is a 180 from the people in need in your state.

So was school "canceled" because of weather or because of the China virus?

What is he supposed to do for the people of his state when he doesn't even represent them?

(02-18-2021, 07:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “With school canceled for the week, my girls asked to take a trip with friends.” You conveniently left this out.....

So was school "canceled" because of weather or because of the China virus?

What is he supposed to do for the people of his state when he doesn't even represent them?
What does your first question have to do with the topic? Surely you’re smart enough to know the answer to your own question. Texas has been in school for a while now so my guess, and wooo boy it’s just a guess, is it’s because of the weather.

And I’m not sure what he’s supposed to do because that’s not my job. Maybe work on getting people food and water? Maybe help people with finding shelter? My point has been that it’s not a good look. He’s free to do as he pleases but we aren’t allowed to criticize? Criticizing is what this board does best. That and move the goal posts when they start to lose an argument.....

I'm sure Ted Cruz can afford to be flexible even if it was a pre planned trip (which it clearly wasn't)

Anyone standing up for the guy really is so partisan it's basically pointless having a discussion about it.

(02-18-2021, 05:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Oh, I don't know.  Show a little leadership?  Try to help out somehow?  Act like he cares?  

Can't you admit that at the very least, this is political malpractice?

This is political malpractice but let me guess, it's not political malpractice to let a bunch of insurrectionists take over a town in a district, call it Chaz, burn down and high jack it's own businesses and people for political gain and basically take a neighborhood hostage?

Marty is 100% correct. If you are an elected representative of the people you do not under any circumstance take a planned vacation to Cancun while the people that you represent are without electricity in a once in a lifetime freak winter storm.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-18-2021, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No reason for the name calling but ok.

So is ABC News wrong?

Planned or not planned this is not a good look.  (My response to point 1 and 2)

To your 3rd point does anyone on the left want to disagree?  Where is the President during this emergency?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-18-2021, 08:40 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This is political malpractice but let me guess, it's not political malpractice to let a bunch of insurrectionists take over a town in a district, call it Chaz, burn down and high jack it's own businesses and people for political gain and basically take a neighborhood hostage?

Marty is 100% correct. If you are an elected representative of the people you do not under any circumstance take a planned vacation to Cancun while the people that you represent are without electricity in a once in a lifetime freak winter storm.

Marty is a 100% tool who picks and chooses his battles based on his agenda and I stand by my post..

100%

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-18-2021, 07:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Where is The President in all of this?  Did anyone tell him about what is going on in not only Texas but many other states?

I thought the President didn’t have constituents. He doesn’t represent “the people” from his country. He represents the country

(02-18-2021, 08:54 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So is ABC News wrong?

Planned or not planned this is not a good look.  (My response to point 1 and 2)

To your 3rd point does anyone on the left want to disagree?  Where is the President during this emergency?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com...-not%3Famp

(02-18-2021, 06:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't have a vote for Seattle mayor or city council.  

After running through my mikesez translation machine.

Quote:Even though there are human feces and needles on the sidewalks in Nancy Pelosi's district, she gets a pass.  The people that do this should get "free" housing and money to support their drug habit.

If nothing else, you've provided a textbook example of a straw man argument to those who are still learning how to spot logical fallacies.

I thought it went without saying that if I lived in Nancy pelosi's district, I would not vote for her, and not just because of the feces on the sidewalks in many places. But like I already said, I would be outvoted. I don't by any means give her a pass on that kind of thing.  That the supposed leader of the progressive workers is actually presiding over the first american county to revert to feudalism is an irony that won't be lost on historians of this century, even if it's lost on you.

Every once in a while, a thread comes along that makes everyone dumber.

(02-18-2021, 09:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Every once in a while, a thread comes along that makes everyone dumber.

Except for you, of course.

(02-18-2021, 09:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Every once in a while, a thread comes along that makes everyone dumber.

Occasionally???  I'd have to say "Quite Often"

(02-18-2021, 07:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: His home state is in a deep freeze, his constituents have no power or heat, and instead of, I don't know, helping to make sure his constituents are ok and have access to the help they need, he's like, "Screw you guys, I'm going to Cancun!".

How exactly is a U.S. Senator supposed to do that?  It used to be that a Senator didn't have "constituents".  He doesn't represent "the people" from his state he represents the state.

So he should cancel a planned vacation because the weather in his home state is bad?

Where is The President in all of this?  Did anyone tell him about what is going on in not only Texas but many other states?

I know it's only been in effect for 100 years, but you might want to get acquainted with the 17th amendment to the US constitution.