Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Frozen Wind Turbines in Texas Expose Major Flaw in Renewable Energy

(02-18-2021, 10:25 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Every once in a while, a thread comes along that makes everyone dumber.

Occasionally???  I'd have to say "Quite Often"

Says the guy who thought pictures of children were "sexy"..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2021, 07:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: His home state is in a deep freeze, his constituents have no power or heat, and instead of, I don't know, helping to make sure his constituents are ok and have access to the help they need, he's like, "Screw you guys, I'm going to Cancun!".

Best-case scenario, he's that big of an [BLEEP]. You guys want to whine about Texas being purple, [BLEEP] like this is how you make a red state blue. I know a lifelong Republican in his 60's out there who voted for Trump twice and supported the effort to overturn a legal, lawful election, and when I talked to him today, some of the earlier words out of his mouth were, "I'm voting for that Beto guy. [BLEEP] this."

[Image: C77283-C7-6-BC7-497-A-B0-CA-C31-EF96-F7-C85.jpg]

Bunny, you gotta learn to ask questions. The short version: how are you? (Fine) Do you need anything? (A drink) Did you see that your boy Ted  went to Cancun? (Insert Beto quote)

(02-19-2021, 12:09 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: C77283-C7-6-BC7-497-A-B0-CA-C31-EF96-F7-C85.jpg]

Bunny, you gotta learn to ask questions. The short version: how are you? (Fine) Do you need anything? (A drink) Did you see that your boy Ted  went to Cancun? (Insert Beto quote)

https://youtu.be/ZfqDWbwHuJE
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-18-2021, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No reason for the name calling but ok.

And yes. That’s exactly what he did. He even said it himself.

So is ABC News wrong?

Quote:Cruz was initially scheduled to return to Texas on Saturday with his family, but changed his reservation in the morning to return this evening, according to a source familiar with his travel schedule.

Cruz’s office told ABC News the senator was tested this morning for COVID-19 to comply with the new mandate requiring citizens to present a negative test before traveling to the United States.

Cruz headed to Cancun, Mexico, for a long-planned family vacation, various media outlets had reported, including The Associated Press, CNN and Fox News.

So does "long-planned family vacation" mean that he left hours after the power went out, or could it be (gasp!) that this trip was already planned?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews...report.amp

(02-18-2021, 07:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: His home state is in a deep freeze, his constituents have no power or heat, and instead of, I don't know, helping to make sure his constituents are ok and have access to the help they need, he's like, "Screw you guys, I'm going to Cancun!".

Best-case scenario, he's that big of an [BLEEP]. You guys want to whine about Texas being purple, [BLEEP] like this is how you make a red state blue. I know a lifelong Republican in his 60's out there who voted for Trump twice and supported the effort to overturn a legal, lawful election, and when I talked to him today, some of the earlier words out of his mouth were, "I'm voting for that Beto guy. [BLEEP] this."

How exactly is a U.S. Senator supposed to do that?  It used to be that a Senator didn't have "constituents".  He doesn't represent "the people" from his state he represents the state.

So he should cancel a planned vacation because the weather in his home state is bad?

Where is The President in all of this?  Did anyone tell him about what is going on in not only Texas but many other states?

Yes. people are dying. It's the biggest snow storm in Texas in over 100 years! He shouldn't have to be told to cancel his vacation when something like this happens! He should do it because he holds office in that state. Jeez! He is the same spineless worm that had his lips firmly planted on Trump's butt for the last 4 years though, even after he insinuated Cruz's father was a friend of Lee Harvey Oswald, insulted his wife's looks in a tweet and attacked his faith. I have absolutely zero respect for Cruz at all. He nothing but a cowardice sycophant, so leaving his home state in the midst of a disaster to go on a sunny vacation would be par for the course with Cruz.

Why hasn't Biden visited Texas?

(02-19-2021, 08:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why hasn't Biden visited Texas?

All the kids are inside trying to keep warm?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-19-2021, 08:02 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

All the kids are inside trying to keep warm?

I think he is playing Mario Kart with some kids.

[Image: IMG-20210219-072029.jpg]

Just to make you feel better about yourself and the people you bend the knee for.

(02-19-2021, 09:31 AM)TJBender Wrote:

Just to make you feel better about yourself and the people you bend the knee for.

Whatever you are taking these days has to be some good stuff. You are off your rocker.

(02-19-2021, 09:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:31 AM)TJBender Wrote: Just to make you feel better about yourself and the people you bend the knee for.

Whatever you are taking these days has to be some good stuff. You are off your rocker.

Says the guy who’s got his knickers in a bunch because it’s somehow not fair to expect a Senator not to schedule and take a vacation to Cancun while his home state is literally freezing to death.

(02-19-2021, 09:56 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Whatever you are taking these days has to be some good stuff. You are off your rocker.

Says the guy who’s got his knickers in a bunch because it’s somehow not fair to expect a Senator not to schedule and take a vacation to Cancun while his home state is literally freezing to death.

I live in the real world TJ and understand this is just an optics thing and the location of a state senator has zero bearing on the outcome of a weather event. Not to mention, the media is using this "event" to avoid talking about the real issue of Andrew Cuomo murdering thousands of seniors and trying to cover it up.

(02-19-2021, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:56 AM)TJBender Wrote: Says the guy who’s got his knickers in a bunch because it’s somehow not fair to expect a Senator not to schedule and take a vacation to Cancun while his home state is literally freezing to death.

I live in the real world TJ and understand this is just an optics thing and the location of a state senator has zero bearing on the outcome of a weather event. Not to mention, the media is using this "event" to avoid talking about the real issue of Andrew Cuomo murdering thousands of seniors and trying to cover it up.

So if it’s just an optics thing, why are you crying about the President, who has 49 other states to run, not visiting Texas? Better question, why are businesses hearing from the White House, but not from the governor? I mean, we know why they’re not hearing from Ted Cruz...

By the way, did you see the bit about how Beto has thrown together a grassroots relief effort to get people food, water and rides to shelters if needed? A guy who’s not a Senator doing more for his state than the piece of work that is one, who flew to Cancun because his wife was chilly and bored.

Liberals are still triggered because a Senator took a vacation with his family.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 10:44 AM by TJBender.)

(02-19-2021, 10:08 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Liberals are still triggered because a Senator took a vacation with his family.

A vacation that was “planned” during a combination natural and man made disaster in his home state. What part of this is so hard for Trumpservatives to understand? If Georgia had the same situation occur and Warnock, Ossoff, my elected Representative or any other government official flew to Cancun on a “family vacation” planned during the crisis, I’d be furious. I’d also be deciding shortly afterwards who I was voting to replace them with. Yet somehow it’s perfectly fine for a sitting Senator to fly to a sunny and warm vacation spot because his wife is cold and asked a bunch of friends if they wanted to go down there to escape it.

You guys make me laugh more and more these days. Got any more good conspiracy theories? No? How about one to explain why the White House is calling businesses, why a failed candidate is helping residents, why the governor is on TV yapping about frozen windmills instead of getting [BLEEP] done, and why one of the state’s Senators decided to “be a good dad” by joining his family on vacation in Cancun because his wife was cold?

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 10:49 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-19-2021, 10:05 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I live in the real world TJ and understand this is just an optics thing and the location of a state senator has zero bearing on the outcome of a weather event. Not to mention, the media is using this "event" to avoid talking about the real issue of Andrew Cuomo murdering thousands of seniors and trying to cover it up.

So if it’s just an optics thing, why are you crying about the President, who has 49 other states to run, not visiting Texas? Better question, why are businesses hearing from the White House, but not from the governor? I mean, we know why they’re not hearing from Ted Cruz...

By the way, did you see the bit about how Beto has thrown together a grassroots relief effort to get people food, water and rides to shelters if needed? A guy who’s not a Senator doing more for his state than the piece of work that is one, who flew to Cancun because his wife was chilly and bored.

Are you referring to the pot head who rides a skateboard named Francis who operates under the name of Beto to raise 80 million in campaign funds only to still get smoked in the election?

Is he giving them rides on his skateboard?

(02-19-2021, 10:43 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:08 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Liberals are still triggered because a Senator took a vacation with his family.

A vacation that was “planned” during a combination natural and man made disaster in his home state. What part of this is so hard for Trumpservatives to understand? If Georgia had the same situation occur and Warnock, Ossoff, my elected Representative or any other government official flew to Cancun on a “family vacation” planned during the crisis, I’d be furious. I’d also be deciding shortly afterwards who I was voting to replace them with. Yet somehow it’s perfectly fine for a sitting Senator to fly to a sunny and warm vacation spot because his wife is cold and asked a bunch of friends if they wanted to go down there to escape it.

You guys make me laugh more and more these days. Got any more good conspiracy theories? No? How about one to explain why the White House is calling businesses, why a failed candidate is helping residents, why the governor is on TV yapping about frozen windmills instead of getting [BLEEP] done, and why one of the state’s Senators decided to “be a good dad” by joining his family on vacation in Cancun because his wife was cold?

Here are the facts.

JIB said you are triggered because a senator took a vacation with his family.

Fact check: TRUE

(02-19-2021, 10:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:05 AM)TJBender Wrote: So if it’s just an optics thing, why are you crying about the President, who has 49 other states to run, not visiting Texas? Better question, why are businesses hearing from the White House, but not from the governor? I mean, we know why they’re not hearing from Ted Cruz...

Are you referring to the pot head who rides a skateboard named Francis who operates under the name of Beto to raise 80 million in campaign funds only to still get smoked in the election?

(02-19-2021, 10:43 AM)TJBender Wrote: A vacation that was “planned” during a combination natural and man made disaster in his home state. What part of this is so hard for Trumpservatives to understand? If Georgia had the same situation occur and Warnock, Ossoff, my elected Representative or any other government official flew to Cancun on a “family vacation” planned during the crisis, I’d be furious. I’d also be deciding shortly afterwards who I was voting to replace them with. Yet somehow it’s perfectly fine for a sitting Senator to fly to a sunny and warm vacation spot because his wife is cold and asked a bunch of friends if they wanted to go down there to escape it.

Here are the facts.

Well, kind of, yeah. I think it’s disgusting for someone elected to serve a state deciding he’d rather take a nice, warm trip to the sandy beaches of Cancun than be, you know, in his home state leading the relief efforts that government officials there seem so disinterested in.

But I won’t lie, it is kinda fun to watch you guys shove your heads deeper into the sand because God forbid you criticize the actions of a fellow Trumpservative. If I can hand you a fresh shovel every now and then, oh sweet hell yes I’m doing it.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 11:25 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-19-2021, 10:54 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you referring to the pot head who rides a skateboard named Francis who operates under the name of Beto to raise 80 million in campaign funds only to still get smoked in the election?

Here are the facts.

Well, kind of, yeah. I think it’s disgusting for someone elected to serve a state deciding he’d rather take a nice, warm trip to the sandy beaches of Cancun than be, you know, in his home state leading the relief efforts that government officials there seem so disinterested in.

But I won’t lie, it is kinda fun to watch you guys shove your heads deeper into the sand because God forbid you criticize the actions of a fellow Trumpservative. If I can hand you a fresh shovel every now and then, oh sweet hell yes I’m doing it.

I just don't get it.

This need of people to see people in "power" have this faux response to things - as if they could change anything of significance. Opening him up to... why did he make sure THESE places had... when THESE places had nothing.... blah blah blah.

If anything this is a classic case of: Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't.

I have less respect for Beto than I ever did because of his obvious pandering.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 11:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-19-2021, 10:54 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you referring to the pot head who rides a skateboard named Francis who operates under the name of Beto to raise 80 million in campaign funds only to still get smoked in the election?

Here are the facts.

I am not putting my head in the sand. I have admitted optically, Ted Cruz made a boneheaded decision while at the same time logically understanding there is literally nothing he can do he couldn't do remotely.

(02-19-2021, 11:23 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:54 AM)TJBender Wrote: Well, kind of, yeah. I think it’s disgusting for someone elected to serve a state deciding he’d rather take a nice, warm trip to the sandy beaches of Cancun than be, you know, in his home state leading the relief efforts that government officials there seem so disinterested in.

I just don't get it.

This need of people to see people in "power" have this faux response to things - as if they could change anything of significance. Opening him up to... why did he make sure THESE places had... when THESE places had nothing.... blah blah blah.

If anything this is a classic case of: Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't.

I have less respect for Beto than I ever did because of his obvious pandering.

I know, right? It's almost as if TJ thinks Beta is doing what he is doing because he actually cares about people. I mean, this loser couldn't even get a cabinet position in the Biden administration.