Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NYC schools ask parents to reflect on "whiteness"

Story

I just can't with this. Taxpayer dollars is being spent on this BS.

A city public school principal is asking parents to “reflect” on their “whiteness” — passing out literature that extols “white traitors’’ who “dismantle institutions,” education officials confirmed to The Post on Tuesday.

The “woke’’ offensive at the East Side Community School in Manhattan features a ranking list titled “The 8 White Identities,” which ranges from “White Supremacist’’ to “White Abolitionist.”

The curriculum, written by Barnor Hesse, an associate professor of African American studies at Northwestern University in Illinois, claims, “There is a regime of whiteness, and there are action-oriented white identities.

“People who identify with whiteness are one of these,’’ Hesse writes above the eight-point list.

Go ahead and switch that word white with black, hispanic, latino, asian, islander, etc., and there would be a seismic shift in the earth's core under the US produced by all the hate and discontent from the left. 

As an aside I find it interesting that the jacktard who wrote this list said, "people who identify with whiteness." (Emphasis is mine.) Everything is tied up in identity with these people. You can have black or brown skin but if you're seen as embracing anything white then you're in this list. 

It's no wonder these people have meltdowns on the regular. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

...And our tax dollars will go to them in the new covid relief bill. Gotta get federal money to NY and California for running their states into the ground.

The frightening part is people like this having direct influence on how successful your child is in school.

(02-17-2021, 08:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The frightening part is people like this having direct influence on how successful your child is in school.

Even more frightening is people like this are allowed to breed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 10:53 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Race is the tip of the spear that the left is using to kill capitalism. It's the goal. The curtain is being pulled back. I wish the moderates here would start acknowledging the truth of it.

(02-17-2021, 10:52 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Race is the tip of the spear that the left is using to kill capitalism. It's the goal. The curtain is being pulled back. I wish the moderates here would start acknowledging the truth of it.

Hey...  it's just "racial sensitivity training" whats the problem?

The problem with this story is the use of the word "schools." After reading the article, the correct word would be "school."

"NYC School Asks Parents to Reflect on "Whiteness" Not "Schools."

I know "Schools" is more attention grabbing and inflammatory, but it's fake news.

This isn't happening in a bubble, bro.

(02-17-2021, 12:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The problem with this story is the use of the word "schools."  After reading the article, the correct word would be "school."

"NYC School Asks Parents to Reflect on "Whiteness"   Not "Schools."  

I know "Schools" is more attention grabbing and inflammatory, but it's fake news.

Are you [BLEEP] me? The point is what is being introduced. Honestly, who cares if it's one school or ten? What they're doing is wrong. Have you ever read the history of Hitler's Youth?

(02-17-2021, 12:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The problem with this story is the use of the word "schools."  After reading the article, the correct word would be "school."

As long as its not YOUR kids school, singular use of the word is no big deal.

So that's what you get from the article?  The blatant racist stereotyping isn't a problem?  Are there 8 "black identities" for people who "identify" as black?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-17-2021, 03:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Are you [BLEEP] me? The point is what is being introduced. Honestly, who cares if it's one school or ten? What they're doing is wrong. Have you ever read the history of Hitler's Youth?

Your headline made it seem like the entire New York City School System was doing this.  It was one school.  

And yes, it does matter.  I would understand getting all bent out of shape if it was the entire NY school system, but one school?  I'm not saying there are not crazy leftists doing crazy things every day.  After all, there are 350 million people in this country, so some of them will inevitably do stupid stuff, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill.  And people wonder why this country is so polarized.  It's because things like this are constantly blown out of proportion by people in the media who sell anger.  People like being angry so they eat this stuff up and don't care that they are being constantly manipulated.

(02-17-2021, 03:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 03:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Are you [BLEEP] me? The point is what is being introduced. Honestly, who cares if it's one school or ten? What they're doing is wrong. Have you ever read the history of Hitler's Youth?

Your headline made it seem like the entire New York City School System was doing this.  It was one school.  

And yes, it does matter.  I would understand getting all bent out of shape if it was the entire NY school system, but one school?  I'm not saying there are not crazy leftists doing crazy things every day.  After all, there are 350 million people in this country, so some of them will inevitably do stupid stuff, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill.  And people wonder why this country is so polarized.  It's because things like this are constantly blown out of proportion by people in the media who sell anger.  People like being angry so they eat this stuff up and don't care that they are being constantly manipulated.

My bad. Autocorrect added the S at the end of "school". I honestly didn't notice. 

As for it only being one school, everything starts somewhere. The Hitler Youth started somewhere and look at what happened. I'll have to get back to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 06:24 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Hall of Fame 'white identities'
1) Bumpkin, Country Bumpkin, Hillbilly Bumpkin
derogatory term for poor rural white people, mainly those who share a rural lifestyle.
2) Cracker, Cracker Jack
Derogatory term for whites, particularly from the American South.[80]
3) Good ol' boy
Rural people, especially white, powerful people and their networks.
4) Hick
Derogatory term for poor white people.
5) Hillbilly
Usually refers to rural people. It originated as a term for farmers living in The Appalachian Mountains.
6) Honky, honkey, honkie
(U.S., NZ) a white person. Derived from an African-American pronunciation of hunky, the disparaging term for a Hungarian laborer. The first record of its use as an insulting term for a white person dates from the 1950s.[114] In New Zealand, honky is used by Māori to refer to New Zealanders of European descent.[115]
7) Peckerwood, wood
used as a slur against rural people today. In the 1940s, the abbreviated version wood entered California prison slang, originally meaning an Okie mainly from the San Joaquin Valley. This has caused the symbol of the woodpecker to be used by white power skinheads and other pro-white groups.
8) Redneck
Usually an insult to rural people.
9) Trailer trash
Derogatory term for a mainly white population stereotyped to live in trailer parks.
10) White trash
Originally an insult for poor rural white people.
11) Whitey
a term for a Caucasian.[116]

Don't blame me, blame Wikipedia
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-17-2021, 06:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Hall of Fame 'white identities'
derogatory term for poor rural white people, mainly those who share a rural lifestyle.
2) Cracker, Cracker Jack
3) Good ol' boy
4) Hick
5) Hillbilly
Usually refers to rural people. It originated as a term for farmers living in The Appalachian Mountains.
6) Honky, honkey, honkie
(U.S., NZ) a white person. Derived from an African-American pronunciation of hunky, the disparaging term for a Hungarian laborer. The first record of its use as an insulting term for a white person dates from the 1950s.[114] In New Zealand, honky is used by Māori to refer to New Zealanders of European descent.[115]
7) Peckerwood, wood
used as a slur against rural people today. In the 1940s, the abbreviated version wood entered California prison slang, originally meaning an Okie mainly from the San Joaquin Valley. This has caused the symbol of the woodpecker to be used by white power skinheads and other pro-white groups.
8) Redneck
9) Trailer trash
Derogatory term for a mainly white population stereotyped to live in trailer parks.
10) White trash
11) Whitey

Sounds like roll call at one of my family reunions..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I don't even know what that means....... Reflect on my whiteness???????? After that, should I ponder my navel?

2) Cracker, Cracker Jack
3) Good ol' boy
4) Hick
5) Hillbilly
6) Honky, honkey, honkie
7) Peckerwood, wood
8) Redneck
9) Trailer trash
10) White trash
11) Whitey

If you made a list like that describing black people, Hispanic people etc.  you would be cancelled in today's world.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 07:07 PM by Jags.)

(02-17-2021, 06:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't even know what that means....... Reflect on my whiteness???????? After that, should I ponder my navel?

Wouldn’t hurt to brush up on your navel.  You never know what we’ll be quizzed on next.

2) Cracker, Cracker Jack
3) Good ol' boy
4) Hick
5) Hillbilly
6) Honky, honkey, honkie
7) Peckerwood, wood
8) Redneck
9) Trailer trash
10) White trash
11) Whitey

Fairly certain I’ve been called almost all of those by other races over the years.  Should I be outraged?  No, second thought, I’ll just keep being me.  Call me all of the above.  Idk.

2) Cracker, Cracker Jack
3) Good ol' boy
4) Hick
5) Hillbilly
6) Honky, honkey, honkie
7) Peckerwood, wood
8) Redneck
9) Trailer trash
10) White trash
11) Whitey

... Are there any good ones? Lol. Guess we all suck.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-17-2021, 07:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
2) Cracker, Cracker Jack
3) Good ol' boy
4) Hick
5) Hillbilly
6) Honky, honkey, honkie
7) Peckerwood, wood
8) Redneck
9) Trailer trash
10) White trash
11) Whitey

... Are there any good ones? Lol. Guess we all suck.

Uh, Caucasian?  Idk.  The “normal” phrase is the one that would irritate me the most.  I’m an olive complexion, but, you can just call me white.  I’m not picky.  The political correctness is what bugs me the most.