Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trevor Lawrence Effect

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/17/trevor...aily-cover

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So, long story short, Jacksonville doesn't deserve Lawrence because of the previous years sub par performance and the colts were in a much better position for success when they drafted peyton (which seems like half the article was about)..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-17-2021, 12:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So, long story short, Jacksonville doesn't deserve Lawrence because of the previous years sub par performance and the colts were in a much better position for success when they drafted peyton (which seems like half the article was about)..

So it wasn't just me...?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-17-2021, 12:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 12:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So, long story short, Jacksonville doesn't deserve Lawrence because of the previous years sub par performance and the colts were in a much better position for success when they drafted peyton (which seems like half the article was about)..

So it wasn't just me...?

Nope.. Garbage pundit..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

"Jacksonville is the only team to ever have empty seats after years of losing and they don't deserve a good QB because they're bad and unpopular." -SI
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sick

I stopped reading after the second paragraph.

Quote:Trevor Lawrence has been on the NFL radar since his days at Cartersville (Ga.) High School. He’s 6' 6" but has the quickness and twitchy athleticism of a much smaller man. The ball spins off his hand with preternatural ease. Theoretically, he can run any offensive system an NFL coaching staff can dream up. And as far as the traits translating to production: He won a national title as a 19-year-old freshman at Clemson and left campus with a career record of 38–2. More than that, his distinctive long, shampoo-commercial-quality blond hair makes him the most recognizable prospect to enter the NFL in … perhaps ever.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-17-2021, 01:50 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: "Jacksonville is the only team to ever have empty seats after years of losing and they don't deserve a good QB because they're bad and unpopular." -SI

They clearly never attended any Bucs, Dolphins, Chargers, Falcons, or Bengals games during their losing seasons...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-17-2021, 06:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 01:50 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: "Jacksonville is the only team to ever have empty seats after years of losing and they don't deserve a good QB because they're bad and unpopular." -SI

They clearly never attended any Bucs, Dolphins, Chargers, Falcons, or Bengals games during their losing seasons...

IKR? I went to a Panthers game in Charlotte in 06 or 07 I think it was (used to travel there all the time for business) and there might have been 50K people there. Hacks like to make it sound like Jax has an attendance issue compared to other places. Actually given our history, attendance has been pretty good.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.