Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tebow retires from baseball.

Corresponding move joining the Jaguars as backup QB and reuniting with Meyer?

*Grabs popcorn*

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

new strength and conditioning coach!!! LOL

Mission to Mars..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-17-2021, 09:26 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: new strength and conditioning coach!!! LOL

Team Chaplain.

Jags forum?

His refusal to transform himself into a Tight End meant the end of his career. Kind of a shame since he would have been a great fit with the Patriots and could have been bookends with Gronk in route to Super Bowl Championships.

Who?

(02-17-2021, 10:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Jags forum?

His refusal to transform himself into a Tight End meant the end of his career.  Kind of a shame since he would have been a great fit with the Patriots and could have been bookends with Gronk in route to Super Bowl Championships.

Or a Taysom Hill-like utility man. He would have been very good.

Clearly this is preparing for Urbs to trade for his rights so he can be our starter next season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He was probably blackballed out of baseball too...

Rolleyes
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The only guy I've ever seen get this much attention for retiring from two sports he sucked at.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 11:41 PM by mikesez.)

His refusal to transform himself into a Tight End meant the end of his career.  Kind of a shame since he would have been a great fit with the Patriots and could have been bookends with Gronk in route to Super Bowl Championships.

He could have been a contributor at Tight End, sure, but there's no reason to imagine he would have ended up in the same echelon as Gronk.  The occasional gadget play where he'd run a reverse and end up throwing the ball would have been fun though.

I'm not mad at him though. If you got the signing bonus the Broncos gave him, would you ever change to a position you've never played? That would have you running into people on every play rather than maybe 1 out of 10 plays? "Tim, we're going to cut you if you don't try to play tight end." "Nah I'll just go home and enjoy my tens of millions of dollars, thanks".
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-18-2021, 11:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:

He could have been a contributor at Tight End, sure, but there's no reason to imagine he would have ended up in the same echelon as Gronk.  The occasional gadget play where he'd run a reverse and end up throwing the ball would have been fun though.

I'm not mad at him though.  If you got the signing bonus the Broncos gave him, would you ever change to a position you've never played? That would have you running into people on every play rather than maybe 1 out of 10 plays? "Tim, we're going to cut you if you don't try to play tight end." "Nah I'll just go home and enjoy my tens of millions of dollars, thanks".

Meh. I think Tebow was physically tougher than Gronk and wouldn't have been injured as much. (I don't mean like as a person tougher, just his body was better genetically for that)

Who knows.

I’m betting he successfully knocked the new Mrs. up and wants to be around more for his little bub. Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-17-2021, 09:26 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: new strength and conditioning coach!!! LOL

This is my assumption as well. The timing of it reaks it potentially happening.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 02:35 PM by Tank Commander.)

(02-22-2021, 07:30 AM)NH3 Wrote:

This is my assumption as well. The timing of it reaks it potentially happening.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yup seems like too much of a coincidence.

And I think Bayless or someone was saying that since Tebow got married he wants to settle down and not have to take the AAA bus all over the country.

(02-18-2021, 11:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I'm not mad at him though.  If you got the signing bonus the Broncos gave him, would you ever change to a position you've never played? That would have you running into people on every play rather than maybe 1 out of 10 plays? "Tim, we're going to cut you if you don't try to play tight end." "Nah I'll just go home and enjoy my tens of millions of dollars, thanks".

I'm not sure he would be a great tight end.
There is a question of whether he can catch.
His 40 speed wasn't that good 4.71 so he would have trouble getting separation.
He'd be on the shorter side for a tight end at 6-3.

His elite measurable is his 3 cone 6.66 at that size.
This would make him a great short yardage wildcat QB or half back which is where he first excelled his freshman year with the gators.

Tebow was wasting his time in the minors. Would have likely hit over .300 in the majors had he not been discriminated against.