Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 3 Predictions

Week 3 of the NFL season is upon us and fans of a couple of teams in this division are probably feeling like the season is already over for their favorite teams, but I digress.....

Ravens @ Jags

No need to rehash last weeks debacle for the home team. Just going to unnecessarily raise everyone's blood pressure all over again. The Ravens are 2-0 after coming back down 20 points against the Browns. It's week 2 and sadly I've thrown in the towel on this season. I'm taking the Ravens and every other opponent of the Jags until Gus is gone.

Texans @ Patriots

This appears to be a charmed season for the Texans. Even though they're going to Foxbrough to face the hoodie, they're getting a rookie QB making his first NFL start. Give me the Texans for a road win.

Raiders @ Titans

Kinda a tough pick for me this week. The Titans winning on the road last week against Detroit was surprising while the Raiders drop a home game against the Falcons who seemed to have no trouble traveling to the west coast to pick up a road win. JDR is a better coach than Mularkey and has a better overall roster. Give me the Raiders.

Chargers @ Colts

After the Chargers shellacked our beloved Jags last week they'll most likely come out flat against the Colts and lay an egg because that's how fate works for us. Fortunately for the Chargers the Colts defense can't stop anyone. Give me the Colts in a home shootout sending us to the bottom of the division once again under Bradley's tenure.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

OK, I'm 4-4 overall so.......

Jags over Ravens

Texans over Patriots

Titans over Oakland

Colts over Chargers

So I'm basically picking the entire AFC South to win this week

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

2-2 last week

4-4 overall

This weeks picks:

Ravens

Texans

Titans

Colts

Ravens

Patriots

Raiders

Colts

I'm starting fresh this week so I am 0-0 so far this season.

1-3 last week

3-5 overall

Ravens

Patriots

Raiders

Chargers
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

2-2 last week

4-4 overall

Ravens over Jags

Raiders over Titans

Texans over Patriots

Chargers over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Last Week: 2-2

Overall: 5-3

Ravens over Jaguars

Raiders over Titans

Patriots over Texans

Chargers over Colts

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 06:52 AM by SeldomRite.)

Like Eye said, not picking the Jaguars again until I see something change.

Ravens over Jags.

Texans really lucked out on the schedule this year.

Texans over Patriots.

Raiders have a pretty good team even though they're only 1-1. If the game were in Oakland I'd have no doubt about them winning. I'll take them but I could easily see it going the other way with their consistency problems this season.

Raiders over Tennessee.

I don't think the chargers are as good as Gus Bradley made them look on Sunday, I think the colts will take them at home putting the Jaguars alone in the cellar once again.

Colts over Chargers.

The unmitigated disaster that is the start of the season continued last week for me (picking wise) and my team.

However, this is a new week, and theoretically there is a chance to turn things around.

Ravens (2-0) at Jaguars (0-2)-I know the Jaguars are more talented than their record shows and their performance last week showed.  But as Parcells famously observed "You are what your record says you are."  Flacco, while a good QB, doesn't give us the problems Phillip Rivers has.  But after years of defending him because of the bad roster he inherited, I no longer give Bradley the benefit of the doubt, because the roster is no longer the issue, though OL is still a problem.  Until he demonstrates he can consistently get this team ready to play, I cannot pick them to win against any respectable team.  I hope I'm wrong, but Ravens win 24-16.

Chargers (1-1) at Colts (0-2)-While the Chargers are not as good as they looked against us last week, that performance, combined with their dominance of KC for 3 quarters in week one shows they aren't as bad as they were last year.  That said, they travel to Indy down their top two receivers and RB Danny Woodhead-all down for the year.  While the Colts are shorthanded, too, I think being at home will help Indy get their first win.  Colts win 30-24.

Last week:  1-3

Overall:  2-6

Womp womp!

Oakland (1-1) at Tennessee (1-1)-Oakland, seen as a team on the rise, travels east to face a Tennessee team that upset Detroit last week in a battle of former Jaguars coaches.  Tennessee has a decent nucleus, but is not as far along in their rebuild as the Raiders.  Oakland wins 21-17.

Texans (2-0) at Patriots (2-0)-I see the Patriots going into this week as the "Bizarro Jaguars."  They have arguably the best coach of all time, but they are going into tomorrow night's game against the Texans minus Brady, Garoppolo and Gronk.  Being that short handed with a rookie QB at the helm on a short week against a defense as good as the Texans is too much to ask.  Texans win 24-10.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Jags over Ravens

texans over Patriots

Raiders over titans

colts over Chargers

I'm going against the AFCS this week.

Ravens over Jags

Patriots over Texans

Raiders over tacks

Chargers over Colts

But I know nothing.  I'm 2-6 overall.

Have you seen my baseball?

2-2 last week.

4-4 overall.

Jags over Ravens

Patriots over Texans

Raiders of Titans

Colts over Chargers

I'm stunned everyone is picking the Ravens over Jags. Especially with the way people on this board normally think. Anyways, I can see all 4 of these games going either way.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 10:05 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:2-2 last week.

4-4 overall.

Jags over Ravens

Patriots over Texans

Raiders of Titans

Colts over Chargers

I'm stunned everyone is picking the Ravens over Jags. Especially with the way people on this board normally think. Anyways, I can see all 4 of these games going either way.
How do we normally  think?  Are we all homers that pick the Jaguars no matter what?

As for me, I think the infusion of talent was such that picking the Jaguars the first two weeks was not far fetched.  But now, knowing talent is not the issue any  longer, I don't see how a team coached by Bradley gets the benefit of the doubt any longer.  Conversely, the Ravens are well coached, and given decent health, can be reasonably expected to be prepared.

I might have been inclined to pick the Jaguars this week had the Jaguars been competitive against the Bolts and still lost.  But given how outclassed the team was by a team missing 3 of its top 4 receiving threats by the end of the 2nd quarter, I can't bring myself to pick them against the Ravens.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 10:46 AM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:How do we normally think? Are we all homers that pick the Jaguars no matter what?

As for me, I think the infusion of talent was such that picking the Jaguars the first two weeks was not far fetched. But now, knowing talent is not the issue any longer, I don't see how a team coached by Bradley gets the benefit of the doubt any longer. Conversely, the Ravens are well coached, and given decent health, can be reasonably expected to be prepared.

I might have been inclined to pick the Jaguars this week had the Jaguars been competitive against the Bolts and still lost. But given how outclassed the team was by a team missing 3 of its top 4 receiving threats by the end of the 2nd quarter, I can't bring myself to pick them against the Ravens.
Well put.

Players can get better, teams can get better, at this point I'm not convinced Gus can do better, and that's critical. The strongest body without a functioning brain doesn't win any races.

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Colts

Quote:2-2 last week.

4-4 overall.

Jags over Ravens

Patriots over Texans

Raiders of Titans

Colts over Chargers

What's more stunning to me, as someone who doesn't post here often but stops by to browse this particular thread on a weekly basis, is you actually picking us to win a game. You always pick against us... Confusedweat:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Week 3 Predictions:

Bal (2-0) @ Jax (0-2)

This is a hard game to choose just because I am not sold on the Ravens being as good as there record shows. Personally, I believed that the Ravens had one of the worst rosters coming into this season. On the other hand I do not believe that the Jaguars are as bad as there record shows. The Jaguars are coming into this season with one of the best rosters they had in a while from a talent perspective. This game will truly show whether or not Gus Badley lost the locker room or not and/or he could coach at all and that last week was a fluke. I'm picking the Jaguars over the Ravens because we play well against them and for the above reason that I am not fully sold on them.

Hou (2-0) @ NE (2-0)

This game in my mind will be decided whether or not Garoppolo plays and whether he is 100%. Garoppolo got hit and hurt his throwing arm/shoulder so I would put my money on him being out or him being out on the field at 50-75%. That being the case I have to pick the Texans winning over the Patriots even though they are away. As much as I hate to say it, it just looks like everything is going the Texans way this season.

Oak (1-1) @ Ten (1-1)

Last week, the Raiders shocked the NFL and lost to the Falcons when many people thought that the Raiders would win that game pretty easily, especially at home. On the other hand the Titans surprised everyone as well by pulling out a win in Detroit! Personally, I think that was a giant fluke for the Titans and will get beat by the Raiders because they will not be able to keep up with the Raiders offense. I'm picking the Raiders over the Titans because I still believe they have the worst roster in this division and will still end up being in last place in the AFC South.

SD (1-1) @ Indy (0-2)

This week the AFC South will be playing some very close games (on paper at least), this being one of them for sure. The Chargers in recent years have been such an on and off team. They destroyed the Jaguars last week and they can lay an egg just as easily this week. On the other hand, the Colts this season just look plain awful.There defense is not good at all and I can really only see them winning games against teams with bad offenses, this isn't even including Andrew Luck just making crucial mistakes in games. I can't (gut feeling) see the Chargers doing a flop on a defense this bad so I am going to have to pick the Chargers over the Colts. But, I wouldn't be surprised this game goes the other way either. Philip Rivers LOVES to look great against the Jaguars and then suck against the other teams in our division.

Last Week: 2-2

Overall: 5-3

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Baltimore

New England

Oakland

Indy

3-5 overall

4-4 so far - 

Jags

pats

raiders

blots

It's early in the week, but at this point my mindset is as follows.

Jags - Even though this game can go either way, I think that the team at home will bring on the effort.  While week 3 isn't a "must win" situation typically, I see it that way.  I'm hoping that the offense can finally "tee off" on a mediocre defense.

Texans - They are doing pretty well with their rebuild, and with their defense against a depleted New England offense, they should get the win.

Oakland - At this point I just think that the rebuild in Oakland is just a bit further along than in Tennessee.

Colts - My first thought is that the Colts have a worse defense than ours and isn't exactly the same offense as in the past, but I kind of give them the nod against a depleted Chargers team.  They might just pull this one off.

Edit :  By the way, I was 2-2 last week and 5-3 overall.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.