Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 3 Predictions

I'm 4-4 after a 1-3 showing last week.

This week, going with:

Texans over Pats

Jags over Ravens

Colts over Chargers

Raiders over tacks

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

4-4 overall

3rd times a charm, I'm picking the Jags over Baltimore

I think Tennessee's defense is the real deal they beat the Raiders

Chargers over Colts

Texans over Pats
ImATexan

Not keeping track, but

Ravens 30-21

Patriots 17-16

Oakland 27-20

Indy 35-31

5-3 overall

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bolts

Quote:How do we normally  think?  Are we all homers that pick the Jaguars no matter what?

Not ALL, but yeah for the most part. Basically at the beginning of EVERY YEAR since I've been on here you have the the posters (not pointing you out specifically) bombarding me saying how this is the Jags year, Colts are in for a down year, yada, yada, yada... Same thing happens every year... Then reality hits and well... It doesn't favor the Jags. Especially not recently. That's why I really haven't been around on this forum this past off season.

Quote:What's more stunning to me, as someone who doesn't post here often but stops by to browse this particular thread on a weekly basis, is you actually picking us to win a game. You always pick against us... Confusedweat:

Well, considering the Jags overall record the past 5 years, can you blame me? Jags are 19-61 in the last 5 years. Think about that.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016, 06:02 PM by snowwolf776.)

2-2 last week

Colts-to many injurys for chrgers,and colts have a HC  unlike Jags.

Raiders- Stronger team then they looked last week. very very compative. 

Ravans blowout jags one team lopsided again

pats i know rookie qb starting but NE has a  real HC unlike the jags. they also have one of the best HCS. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:I'm going against the AFCS this week.

Ravens over Jags

Patriots over Texans

Raiders over tacks

Chargers over Colts

But I know nothing.  I'm 2-6 overall.

I'm doing the opposite, but you might be in luck because I struck out last week.

Last week 0-4

Overall 3-5

Ye of little faith. I'm shocked that most here are going with the Ravens. I for one am sticking with my team...

• Jaguars over Ravens - 25-23 (Raven go for two after scoring late TD, but fail to get it)

• Titans over Raiders - 20-17  (Mariota does play good against the league's most pathetic defenses)

• Texans over Patriots - 13-6 (3rd string qb in NE won't get it going vs Texans D)

• Colts over Chargers - 34-24 (Chargers don't play well on east coast)

'02

Houston @ New England - I really don't like the feeling I get when picking against New England. At home. In a desperate situation. On a short week. I like that Houston Defense, but something tells me Belichick is gonna have his guys dialed in. New England for the win.

Baltimore @ Jacksonville - Maybe my hope is shattered, but I just don't see how this team holds off Baltimore, especially with Dumervil coming back and no Beachum. Baltimore lengthens JAX' schneid.

Oakland @ Tennessee - No idea. I'll go with the Raiders to take it to Tennessee but I'm not sure why I feel that way. Is Tennessee for real? Oakland gets the win here.

Indianapolis @ San Diego - War of attrition for San Diego and I don't think they can win it. Luck pulls out this win.

Last week: 1 - 3

Overall: 4 - 4

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

4-4 so far

Ravens (I can't pick Jax to win again until they show me something)

Texans

Oakland

Colts

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Not ALL, but yeah for the most part. Basically at the beginning of EVERY YEAR since I've been on here you have the the posters (not pointing you out specifically) bombarding me saying how this is the Jags year, Colts are in for a down year, yada, yada, yada... Same thing happens every year... Then reality hits and well... It doesn't favor the Jags. Especially not recently. That's why I really haven't been around on this forum this past off season.

Well, considering the Jags overall record the past 5 years, can you blame me? Jags are 19-61 in the last 5 years. Think about that.

In fairness, it ISN'T the same thing every year.

Two years ago, the Colts were in the AFC Championship game.

Last year, the Colts were 8-8.  The Jaguars blew out the Colts here, and were a competent kicker away from sweeping you.  There was talk in the media, the Colts message boards, and within the Colts organization speculating about firing either Grigson, Pagano, or both.

This year, with Andrew Luck, the Colts are 0-2.

None of that stuff happens if it is the same thing every year.  There is some basis for the predictions.

At least one of the two elements has changed. 

Admittedly, despite the infusion of talent, we haven't put it all together yet.  That's coaching.  I submit that if things do not change in the W-L, the coaching will change by season's end.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Ouch 1-3 last week   5-3 Overall.

Ravens

Raiders

Texans

Chargers

Missed last week, so:

Last week: 0-4

Overall:  2-6

Jags over the Ravens.  It's our turn

Titans over Oakland.  JDR can't win in Nashville.

New England over Houston.  Maybe it isn't all about Brady, after all.

Chargers over colts.  Rivers owns Indianapolis

Last week 1-3

Overall 4-4

Jags over ravens, I'm a homer....

Raiders over titans

Patriots over Texans

Colts over chargers

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 05:28 PM by Sosa.)

1-3 last week

5-3 overall

Ravens

Patriots

Oakland

Colts

5-3 Overall

Jaguars

Texans

Titans

Colts

Letting it ride. Picking the AFCS again

Week # 2 Results: 2-2

Overall: 6-2

Week # 3 Selections:

New England.   Until further notice,  if there's anything at stake in a regular season home game for the Patriots,  wild horses couldn't get me to pick against them!

Jacksonville:    This is close to a must win game for the Jaguars.   The urgency factor,  home advantage,  and the expected regular season debut for Chris Ivory the difference in my selection.

Oakland:    I have doubts that Tennessee has enough firepower on Offense to get their 2nd straight win in this spot against a Raiders team that responded well on the road late in their first game in the Central Time Zone.

Indianapolis:   The Colts are getting noticeably healthier on Defense.   The Chargers might be w/o Antonio Gates.  This on top of the season ending injuries to Keenan Allen and Danny Woodhead.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 11:15 PM by scoobydiesel.)

Ugh I hate thursday night games, I forgot to get this one in on time, but filled out my reddit and the yahoo pick ems...

Currently 4-4

Week 3 picks

Jags(little faith...but still)

Pats(Bill finds ways, texans overrated)

Raiders(titans could be a good match here for a maybe overrated raiders team)

Chargers(I know colts are not good and the chargers are very banged up so this can go either way, hoping colts screw it up)

Edit: Apparently I picked texans on yahoo but espn/reddit was Pats.... not sure how I screwed that one up.

Welp...at least I picked 1 game correct for this week.  I hate rooting for the pats, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Welp...at least I picked 1 game correct for this week.  I hate rooting for the pats, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
I'll take the point too, but I still didn't root for them.

I forgot to get my picks in by the Thursday game, which turned out to be a blessing bc I would've taken Houston. Alas, I'll keep my 6-2 record and pick Jacksonville, Indy, and Oakland to win this Sunday.