Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 3 Predictions

Jags over Ravens

Raiders over Titans

Chargers over Colts

Texans over Patriots: I was traveling this week and forgot to put in my picks. Would have picked the Texans, happy to be wrong.

Last week 1-3

Overall 5-3

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:2-2 last week

Colts-to many injurys for chrgers,and colts have a HC  unlike Jags.

Raiders- Stronger team then they looked last week. very very compative. 

Ravans blowout jags one team lopsided again

pats i know rookie qb starting but NE has a  real HC unlike the jags. they also have one of the best HCS. 
4-0 this week

6-2 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:The unmitigated disaster that is the start of the season continued last week for me (picking wise) and my team.

However, this is a new week, and theoretically there is a chance to turn things around.

Ravens (2-0) at Jaguars (0-2)-I know the Jaguars are more talented than their record shows and their performance last week showed.  But as Parcells famously observed "You are what your record says you are."  Flacco, while a good QB, doesn't give us the problems Phillip Rivers has.  But after years of defending him because of the bad roster he inherited, I no longer give Bradley the benefit of the doubt, because the roster is no longer the issue, though OL is still a problem.  Until he demonstrates he can consistently get this team ready to play, I cannot pick them to win against any respectable team.  I hope I'm wrong, but Ravens win 24-16.

Chargers (1-1) at Colts (0-2)-While the Chargers are not as good as they looked against us last week, that performance, combined with their dominance of KC for 3 quarters in week one shows they aren't as bad as they were last year.  That said, they travel to Indy down their top two receivers and RB Danny Woodhead-all down for the year.  While the Colts are shorthanded, too, I think being at home will help Indy get their first win.  Colts win 30-24.

Last week:  1-3

Overall:  2-6

Womp womp!

Oakland (1-1) at Tennessee (1-1)-Oakland, seen as a team on the rise, travels east to face a Tennessee team that upset Detroit last week in a battle of former Jaguars coaches.  Tennessee has a decent nucleus, but is not as far along in their rebuild as the Raiders.  Oakland wins 21-17.

Texans (2-0) at Patriots (2-0)-I see the Patriots going into this week as the "Bizarro Jaguars."  They have arguably the best coach of all time, but they are going into tomorrow night's game against the Texans minus Brady, Garoppolo and Gronk.  Being that short handed with a rookie QB at the helm on a short week against a defense as good as the Texans is too much to ask.  Texans win 24-10.

3-1 this week

5-7 overall.

Would have been nice if the Jaguars proved me wrong.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:3-1 this week

5-7 overall.

Would have been nice if the Jaguars proved me wrong.

Same for me. 3-1, should have known Belichick would own the texans even with a third string QB.

Quote:Same for me. 3-1, should have known Belichick would own the texans even with a third string QB.

Could you imagine our Gus led team doing anything close to that to the Texans?

I sure can't. Not even with Bortles playing well.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Could you imagine our Gus led team doing anything close to that to the Texans?

I sure can't. Not even with Bortles playing well.

Nope. The Jaguars are like a deer caught in headlights against the texans under Gus.

Quote:Week 3 of the NFL season is upon us and fans of a couple of teams in this division are probably feeling like the season is already over for their favorite teams, but I digress.....

Ravens @ Jags

No need to rehash last weeks debacle for the home team. Just going to unnecessarily raise everyone's blood pressure all over again. The Ravens are 2-0 after coming back down 20 points against the Browns. It's week 2 and sadly I've thrown in the towel on this season. I'm taking the Ravens and every other opponent of the Jags until Gus is gone.

Texans @ Patriots

This appears to be a charmed season for the Texans. Even though they're going to Foxbrough to face the hoodie, they're getting a rookie QB making his first NFL start. Give me the Texans for a road win.

Raiders @ Titans

Kinda a tough pick for me this week. The Titans winning on the road last week against Detroit was surprising while the Raiders drop a home game against the Falcons who seemed to have no trouble traveling to the west coast to pick up a road win. JDR is a better coach than Mularkey and has a better overall roster. Give me the Raiders.

Chargers @ Colts

After the Chargers shellacked our beloved Jags last week they'll most likely come out flat against the Colts and lay an egg because that's how fate works for us. Fortunately for the Chargers the Colts defense can't stop anyone. Give me the Colts in a home shootout sending us to the bottom of the division once again under Bradley's tenure.

3-1 this week

7-5 on the season

Finally above .500 although I would have loved for the Jags to have won today to keep me there.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:4-4 so far

Ravens (I can't pick Jax to win again until they show me something)

Texans

Oakland

Colts

3-1 this week.

7-5 overall
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:2-2 last week

4-4 overall

This weeks picks:

Ravens

Texans

Titans

Colts

2-2 again

6-6 overall

3-1 this week.

7-5 overall.

4-0 this week

9-3 overall.

3-1  this week,

9-3  overall.

3-1 this week

5-7 overall

Have you seen my baseball?

1-3 this week

6-6 Overall

Quote:Houston @ New England - I really don't like the feeling I get when picking against New England. At home. In a desperate situation. On a short week. I like that Houston Defense, but something tells me Belichick is gonna have his guys dialed in. New England for the win. 

I still can't believe Bill pulled off a win of that quality given those situations. Still, it makes total sense, doesn't it? WIN

Baltimore @ Jacksonville - Maybe my hope is shattered, but I just don't see how this team holds off Baltimore, especially with Dumervil coming back and no Beachum. Baltimore lengthens JAX' schneid.

Even when I win I lose. WIN

Oakland @ Tennessee - No idea. I'll go with the Raiders to take it to Tennessee but I'm not sure why I feel that way. Is Tennessee for real? Oakland gets the win here.

Every time I flipped over to this game Oakland had the ball. Someone tell me, does the Tennessee offense suck that bad? Was Oakland that good? Did Mariota's arm fall off? WIN

Indianapolis @ San Diego - War of attrition for San Diego and I don't think they can win it. Luck pulls out this win.

I know nothing about this game and I'm not real certain that I care. Indy won. yay. (Lack of capitalization was intended to relay my meh-ness). WIN

This week: 4 - 0

Overall: 8 - 4 (suck it Porkchop!)

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

2-2 This week   7-5 overall.  

Jesus 1-3 this week.. Overall 6-6

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:It's early in the week, but at this point my mindset is as follows.

Jags - Even though this game can go either way, I think that the team at home will bring on the effort.  While week 3 isn't a "must win" situation typically, I see it that way.  I'm hoping that the offense can finally "tee off" on a mediocre defense.

Texans - They are doing pretty well with their rebuild, and with their defense against a depleted New England offense, they should get the win.

Oakland - At this point I just think that the rebuild in Oakland is just a bit further along than in Tennessee.

Colts - My first thought is that the Colts have a worse defense than ours and isn't exactly the same offense as in the past, but I kind of give them the nod against a depleted Chargers team.  They might just pull this one off.

Edit :  By the way, I was 2-2 last week and 5-3 overall.

2-2 This week.

7-5 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:4-4 overall

3rd times a charm, I'm picking the Jags over Baltimore

I think Tennessee's defense is the real deal they beat the Raiders

Chargers over Colts

Texans over Pats

If they were to play these games again this week, I'd pick the same way... except the Jags pick. You guys suk.
ImATexan

2-2 this week.  6-6 overall.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.