Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wentz to the Colts for 2 draft picks

Looks like 2 2nds that could become a first

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NFL.COM is saying a 2021 3rd round and a conditional 2022 second round. A steal.

(02-18-2021, 01:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: NFL.COM is saying a 2021 3rd round and a conditional 2022 second round.  A steal.

Breaking... If Carson Wentz’s playtime is at or above 75% next season, the conditional 2022 second-round pick would become a first-round pick, per sources. The second-round pick also.could become a first if Wentz plays at least 70 percent of the plays and the Colts go to the playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 01:28 PM by JNev.)

Yea so it’s a 3rd this year and next years 1st. A bit rich but I get it

I think this gets the Colts the division next year. Reich will straighten out Wentz, and he'll have good defensive support. Titans will fall back, Texans are a disaster, and Jags will take a couple years to build a contender.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

meh
No Fun

Wentz is absolutely terrible, and awful in the locker room

Damn. Nice pickup for the Colts and not too expensive. Wentz has looked good but looked really shaky last few years. I think getting out of Philly will help him, cant help but think the whole Foles winning the SB got in his head a bit and was trying too hard with a bad team to do it himself.

Colts have a lot of cap too and could add some weapons for him.

Can new coaching take the rabbit out of Wentz? We’ll find out.

This doesn't concern me. I would have been much more concerned had they landed Stafford.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 02:08 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-18-2021, 01:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Damn. Nice pickup for the Colts and not too expensive. Wentz has looked good but looked really shaky last few years. I think getting out of Philly will help him, cant help but think the whole Foles winning the SB got in his head a bit and was trying too hard with a bad team to do it himself.

Whaaaaat?  He was having a great year in 2018 the year after the Super Bowl with 21 TD passes through 11 games.

2019 he carried them into the playoffs as they won their last four.  I still can't believe Clowney didn't get fined for that cheap shot in the first quarter.

He sucked last year as he was getting hammered in the pocket, and I believe the above 2019 statement may have factored into his skittishness.

I think the main thing is that he has to stop hearing footsteps, which is the only thing that I think is in his head right now.  Can he be 'fixed'?  We'll see.

(02-18-2021, 01:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: NFL.COM is saying a 2021 3rd round and a conditional 2022 second round.  A steal.

This remains to be seen.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-18-2021, 01:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Breaking... If Carson Wentz’s playtime is at or above 75% next season, the conditional 2022 second-round pick would become a first-round pick, per sources. The second-round pick also.could become a first if Wentz plays at least 70 percent of the plays and the Colts go to the playoffs.

If that happens, there's probably a very good chance that the Colts have found their franchise QB. I still think it's a good deal for them.

Wish the Colts gave up more, dang. Probably a good trade for them.

(02-18-2021, 02:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Damn. Nice pickup for the Colts and not too expensive. Wentz has looked good but looked really shaky last few years. I think getting out of Philly will help him, cant help but think the whole Foles winning the SB got in his head a bit and was trying too hard with a bad team to do it himself.

Whaaaaat?  He was having a great year in 2018 the year after the Super Bowl with 21 TD passes through 11 games.

2019 he carried them into the playoffs as they won their last four.  I still can't believe Clowney didn't get fined for that cheap shot in the first quarter.

He sucked last year as he was getting hammered in the pocket, and I believe the above 2019 statement may have factored into his skittishness.

I think the main thing is that he has to stop hearing footsteps, which is the only thing that I think is in his head right now.  Can he be 'fixed'?  We'll see.

He was great their SB year. Was a probable MVP had he not got injured but Foles was the guy that took them through the playoffs then won it. It was Foles or Wentz that summer and they picked Wentz. In the media and the highlights it was Foles who won the SB and then Philly put a statue of him outside the stadium! Just think that must have been hard for Wentz to see and prove he can do that too.

Theyve had a lot of injuries on that Eagles team and while Wentz has been poor, I wouldnt write him off just yet and back with Reich, the Colts may be better off after this trade. It's his job to lose.

So it seems reasonably likely the Colts gave up a first. Other than injury I see no way Wentz doesn’t start 75% of games. Brisset is not real competition, especially with Frank Reich there to pick.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

It's a good deal for the Colts. If they protect him, Reich can straighten him back out to previous form.

(02-18-2021, 01:46 PM)Ordar Wrote: Wentz is absolutely terrible, and awful in the locker room

In that case this was a great trade. 

I like it already. I'm just a little concerned he's being reunited with Reich.

Called it.

He now has a solid OL and Reich back. Plenty of play makers around him.

If he can't get it done in Indy, he's toast. I think he turns it around but to what degree of success IDK.

This looks like a good trade for the Colts from a trade compensation standpoint. They lessened their risk with the conditional elements of a 2nd Round 2022 Pick becoming a 1st Round pick.

From a player acquisition standpoint, this trade is a high risk / high reward trade for the Colts. Their season very likely rides on whether Frank Reich and Co. can get Carson Wentz's NFL playing career back on track.

With the pounding Wentz took with the Eagles in 2020, priority # 1 for the Colts should be adding the best possible veteran LT. Someone who will be expected to play at a high level, beginning with the first snap Wentz takes in a game.

I believe this makes the Colts stronger. I think Wentz gets back on track now. Philly's O-Line nearly got him killed last year and he had no weapons to throw to and not much of a running game.