Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wentz to the Colts for 2 draft picks

(02-18-2021, 02:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Damn. Nice pickup for the Colts and not too expensive. Wentz has looked good but looked really shaky last few years. I think getting out of Philly will help him, cant help but think the whole Foles winning the SB got in his head a bit and was trying too hard with a bad team to do it himself.

Colts have a lot of cap too and could add some weapons for him.

Whaaaaat?  He was having a great year in 2018 the year after the Super Bowl with 21 TD passes through 11 games.

2019 he carried them into the playoffs as they won their last four.  I still can't believe Clowney didn't get fined for that cheap shot in the first quarter.

He sucked last year as he was getting hammered in the pocket, and I believe the above 2019 statement may have factored into his skittishness.

I think the main thing is that he has to stop hearing footsteps, which is the only thing that I think is in his head right now.  Can he be 'fixed'?  We'll see.

He was great their SB year. Was a probable MVP had he not got injured but Foles was the guy that took them through the playoffs then won it. It was Foles or Wentz that summer and they picked Wentz. In the media and the highlights it was Foles who won the SB and then Philly put a statue of him outside the stadium! Just think that must have been hard for Wentz to see and prove he can do that too.

Theyve had a lot of injuries on that Eagles team and while Wentz has been poor, I wouldnt write him off just yet and back with Reich, the Colts may be better off after this trade. It's his job to lose.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wentz to the Colts for 2 draft picks - by JagFan81 - 02-18-2021, 03:34 PM
RE: Wentz to the Colts for 2 draft picks - by D6 - 02-18-2021, 04:38 PM