Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan promoted by Jacksonville Jaguars

Tony Khan promoted by Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars has promoted AEW boss Tony Khan to Chief Strategy Officer.

Kahn was previously Executive Vice President of Soccer Management and Technology at Jaguars. He is also the co-owner of the team, as his father, Shad Khan, acquired Jaguar in 2011.

https://www.jioforme.com/tony-khan-promo...ts/187233/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't mind this move as long as the strategy is to win..

Congrats duder..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as he doesn't rise any higher than his level of competence in the job. Actually a good thing for a co-owner of a team to have a little Sweat Equity invested in their franchise, it might make it less likely for him to want to move the team during any hard times once his dad is out of the picture.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

How does that work? A co-owner get promoted? Did he promote himself? Did his dad promote him?

(02-21-2021, 02:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How does that work? A co-owner get promoted? Did he promote himself? Did his dad promote him?

Co-owner doesn't mean majority owner.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good for him just be careful with the analytics if can’t be the driving force in decision making.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(02-21-2021, 09:11 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Good for him just be careful with the analytics if can’t be the driving force in decision making.

Analytics is the driving force in all decision making.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-21-2021, 07:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 02:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How does that work? A co-owner get promoted? Did he promote himself? Did his dad promote him?

Co-owner doesn't mean majority owner.

I know that. So did his daddy promote him?

(02-21-2021, 10:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 07:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Co-owner doesn't mean majority owner.

I know that. So did his daddy promote him?

Yes, he reports to the majority owner. I mean, it's right there in the article.

Tony Khan doesn’t owe us anything, but I’d like to see some examples of his analytics. I’d like to know if his stuff is reliable or not.

Most kids got remote control cars to play with. Tony got a football team.

(02-21-2021, 12:15 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Tony Khan doesn’t owe us anything, but I’d like to see some examples of his analytics. I’d like to know if his stuff is reliable or not.

What he has done is get another guy to do analytics, and kicked himself upstairs.  That's the kind of thing that smart owners do.

Shad: We are making the necessary moves to turn the franchise around into a winner. And...I...think....that....uhhh......Tony will be really good.

(02-21-2021, 12:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 12:15 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Tony Khan doesn’t owe us anything, but I’d like to see some examples of his analytics. I’d like to know if his stuff is reliable or not.

What he has done is get another guy to do analytics, and kicked himself upstairs.  That's the kind of thing that smart owners do.

No, smart owners are open-minded enough to recognize their own limitations and humble enough to admit them.  They leave the football decisions to people who know football.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-21-2021, 02:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 12:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: What he has done is get another guy to do analytics, and kicked himself upstairs.  That's the kind of thing that smart owners do.

No, smart owners are open-minded enough to recognize their own limitations and humble enough to admit them.  They leave the football decisions to people who know football.

I think Tony Khan has always left football decisions to people who know football.

(02-21-2021, 10:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 10:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know that. So did his daddy promote him?

Yes, he reports to the majority owner. I mean, it's right there in the article.

Nepotism.

We need to lock him up so other NFL teams don't hire him.

Usually, people at this level barely have time to do their full time job. Tony is also the Director of Operations of Fulham FC and has his own Wrestling Organization going on as well. Luckily success is not graded upon wins and losses.

Been wondering if Tony Khan sits in on contract negotiations with players. Could he be the source of friction with some of the former Jaguar players?

(02-21-2021, 12:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Most kids got remote control cars to play with. Tony got a football team.

Football Team, Soccer Team and a Wrestling Organization.

Shad should have just given him this .... it worked for me

[Image: 9568a1ca-32f9-4617-9ceb-7527d27c7e42_1.d...203f8.jpeg]

HO car tracks are the best. LOL