Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilson Done with Football in TN?

https://nfltraderumors.co/titans-ot-isai...E0QfIKE0k4

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 03:23 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Nice to see that a hated division rival is missing on their #1 picks.  Keep it up.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-23-2021, 03:23 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Nice to see that a hated division rival is missing on their #1 picks.  Keep it up.

Exactly!

Getting one game and 4 snaps out of a FIRST ROUND PICK. Great return on investment.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

That guy has major issues. He gets into constant trouble and when the owner calls him out, he gets mad and says he is done with the team, like he has any leverage? That guy has proven nothing and he'll be out of football in a year or two. With a bad attitude like that, I wouldn't touch him, even on a minimum contract.

(02-23-2021, 04:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That guy has major issues. He gets into constant trouble and when the owner calls him out, he gets mad and says he is done with the team, like he has any leverage? That guy has proven nothing and he'll be out of football in a year or two. With a bad attitude like that, I wouldn't touch him, even on a minimum contract.

But they did all of this investigating of his character and if they are to be believed, none of this came out. 

Amazing how that happens.

Supposedly, Justin Blackmon was known for his drinking throughout his stay at Oklahoma St, but Smith either missed it or ignored it.

I know it's twisted, but I'm glad the Jaguars are not the only team to which this happens.

From a purely football perspective, the one thing that sucks about this from our perspective is that it possibly puts Tennessee in the position of wanting tp spend another high draft pick on T. Since they pick ahead of us in the draft order, they could end up targeting the same guys we are.

(02-24-2021, 10:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote: From a purely football perspective, the one thing that sucks about this from our perspective is that it possibly puts Tennessee in the position of wanting tp spend another high draft pick on T.  Since they pick ahead of us in the draft order, they could end up targeting the same guys we are.

Per Over the Cap, the Tacks are 2 million OVER the salary cap. So they may target some of the same draft eligible people, but they can't target the same people in FA like we can (Williams, Scherff, Thuney, Okung, etc...) For this coming season, they have almost a full third of the cap tied up on Tannehill and Henry. Between FA and 4 picks in the top 60...THIS is the year to change this franchise's fortunes.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(02-23-2021, 04:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 04:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That guy has major issues. He gets into constant trouble and when the owner calls him out, he gets mad and says he is done with the team, like he has any leverage? That guy has proven nothing and he'll be out of football in a year or two. With a bad attitude like that, I wouldn't touch him, even on a minimum contract.

But they did all of this investigating of his character and if they are to be believed, none of this came out. 

Supposedly, Justin Blackmon was known for his drinking throughout his stay at Oklahoma St, but Smith either missed it or ignored it.

I know it's twisted, but I'm glad the Jaguars are not the only team to which this happens.

The Jaguar-related analogy I think of in this case is RJ Soward.

(02-24-2021, 11:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 04:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: But they did all of this investigating of his character and if they are to be believed, none of this came out. 

The Jaguar-related analogy I think of in this case is RJ Soward.

I thought of him, too. 

The sad part is there was actually a choice.

(02-24-2021, 11:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Jaguar-related analogy I think of in this case is RJ Soward.

I thought of him, too. 

Both of them are better than Wilson though. They played and produced some.

(02-24-2021, 04:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I thought of him, too. 

Wilson was severely over-drafted. I remember him being the surprise pick of that first round.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 06:37 PM by The Real Marty.)

(02-24-2021, 04:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I thought of him, too. 

I looked it up, and by golly you are right.  First round pick RJ Soward had a grand total career of 14 receptions for 154 yards and 1 TD.  

From his Wikipedia page:  

He was ruled inactive for the team's first game in 2000, but played in the next 12 games. He was ruled inactive for the team's week 15 game against the Arizona Cardinals for violating a team rule. He returned to play in week 16, until he was placed on the team's non-football illness list on December 21, 2000, ending his season.[5]

On June 9, 2001, he was suspended for the first four games of the 2001 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.[6] He was suspended an additional six games on October 11 for violating the policy a second time.[7] On December 3, 2001, he was activated from the suspended list,[8] but was inactive for the week 12 game. The Jaguars suspended him for one game on December 8 for violating team rules.[9] He was suspended indefinitely by the team on December 11, 2001,[10] but had to be reactivated for the season-finale against the Chicago Bears per league rules that state a team can only suspend a player for four games at a time. He was inactive for the game.[11] He was suspended by the NFL for the entire 2002 season on January 10, 2002, for violating the league's substance abuse policy again.[12] The Florida Times-Union reported that Soward remained on the Jaguars' roster through the 2002 season for salary cap purposes.[13]

(02-24-2021, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 04:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Both of them are better than Wilson though. They played and produced some.

Wilson was severely over-drafted. I remember him being the surprise pick of that first round.

Not as surprising as seeing that knuckle dragger coach’s  family during the draft.

(02-24-2021, 11:23 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote: From a purely football perspective, the one thing that sucks about this from our perspective is that it possibly puts Tennessee in the position of wanting tp spend another high draft pick on T.  Since they pick ahead of us in the draft order, they could end up targeting the same guys we are.

Per Over the Cap, the Tacks are 2 million OVER the salary cap. So they may target some of the same draft eligible people, but they can't target the same people in FA like we can (Williams, Scherff, Thuney, Okung, etc...) For this coming season, they have almost a full third of the cap tied up on Tannehill and Henry. Between FA and 4 picks in the top 60...THIS is the year to change this franchise's fortunes.

Not sure how I missed this earlier.  Apologies for my delayed response.  Not purposely ignoring your post.

Keen observation.

Our cap room allows us to pursue most players on the market better than anyone else, including the tacks.

(02-25-2021, 04:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:23 AM)NCJag Wrote: Per Over the Cap, the Tacks are 2 million OVER the salary cap. So they may target some of the same draft eligible people, but they can't target the same people in FA like we can (Williams, Scherff, Thuney, Okung, etc...) For this coming season, they have almost a full third of the cap tied up on Tannehill and Henry. Between FA and 4 picks in the top 60...THIS is the year to change this franchise's fortunes.

Not sure how I missed this earlier.  Apologies for my delayed response.  Not purposely ignoring your post.

Keen observation.

Our cap room allows us to pursue most players on the market better than anyone else, including the tacks.

No worries. Now i'm seeing on NFL.com the tacks ARE shopping Wilson. To go from projected replacement for an All Pro RT to an afterthought and being shopped as a 1st rounder in less than 365 days and only playing FOUR snaps? Stunning. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/roundup-titans-...-ryan-nall

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 12:43 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-26-2021, 12:40 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 04:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Not sure how I missed this earlier.  Apologies for my delayed response.  Not purposely ignoring your post.

Keen observation.

No worries. Now i'm seeing on NFL.com the tacks ARE shopping Wilson. To go from projected replacement for an All Pro RT to an afterthought and being shopped as a 1st rounder in less than 365 days and only playing FOUR snaps? Stunning. 

They are probably gonna have to release him. I can't imagine any team trading for an unproven, over-drafted, immature, headcase who can stay out of trouble and cops an attitude, when the owner tells him to "shape up".

(02-26-2021, 12:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:40 PM)NCJag Wrote: No worries. Now i'm seeing on NFL.com the tacks ARE shopping Wilson. To go from projected replacement for an All Pro RT to an afterthought and being shopped as a 1st rounder in less than 365 days and only playing FOUR snaps? Stunning. 

They are probably gonna have to release him. I can't imagine any team trading for an unproven, over-drafted, immature, headcase who can stay out of trouble and cops an attitude, when the owner tells him to "shape up".

Agreed.

Now if they release him, maybe I take a chance on him on a cheap deal.

(02-26-2021, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They are probably gonna have to release him. I can't imagine any team trading for an unproven, over-drafted, immature, headcase who can stay out of trouble and cops an attitude, when the owner tells him to "shape up".

Agreed.

I didn't like him when he played for Georgia and I really don't like him now. He was terrible in pass protection. I'll take a hard pass on any kind of deal for him. I'd rather bring in someone with a decent chance of making my roster, who won't be a locker room "cancer".

(02-26-2021, 01:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed.

I didn't like him when he played for Georgia and I really don't like him now. He was terrible in pass protection. I'll take a hard pass on any kind of deal for him. I'd rather bring in someone with a decent chance of making my roster, who won't be a locker room "cancer".

This. He’s a “reclamation project” for a team that has luxuries like that. The Packers/Steelers/Bucs that have strong lines who will sit him and let him watch and learn. If he WANTS to still play that is....