Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Hard Knocks?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope so. It is fun to watch.

I thought we could say no since we have a new head coach? If Shad thinks it's good PR on the other hand...

no way Meyer wants this

Since we are now the new 'Browns', it might actually happen. I hope so, if for no other reason than to piss off Colin Cowhead.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I can't believe people waste money on HBO.

If anyone clicked that link its funny because it list the jags in the title but then goes on to list 5 likely candidates and the jags are nowhere to be found.

Teams with new head coaches can say no.  Coaches see it as a distraction so I can't imagine Meyer would allow it.

(02-24-2021, 06:32 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If anyone clicked that link its funny because it list the jags in the title but then goes on to list 5 likely candidates and the jags are nowhere to be found.

He gives his thought on who will actually get the show...at the end.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

I’d love this. Keep the momentum going, get a look at the new QB and what motivates him, Gardner, and how Urban coaches.

Hard Knocks will be an distraction w/respect to a completely new regime. Yes it'll create exposure but I vote No. We won't be able to work on critical planning fearing that the rest of the NFL will capitalize from such footage.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Inside Training Camp was actually pretty cool back in the day when we had Del Rio..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I really couldn't care less.  As far as "being a distraction" I doubt it.  It's not like the camera crews are around 24/7.  Besides that part of being a "professional" is getting used to cameras being around.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 05:30 PM by Jags.)

I’ve always enjoyed the Hard Knocks series.  Even the ones in which I didn’t have much interest in the team featured.  If I’m going to watch it, I wouldn’t mind seeing my team on it.  

Idk Urban’s feelings.  I’m sure Khan wouldn’t mind the extra exposure.  I thought that teams with new HC’s were not candidates though.  Or was it they have the choice?

Yup.. better get used to all the press since they got the first pick and it'll be TL..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

It's a hard knock life for us....
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-25-2021, 05:30 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve always enjoyed the Hard Knocks series.  Even the ones in which I didn’t have much interest in the team featured.  If I’m going to watch it, I wouldn’t mind seeing my team on it.  

Idk Urban’s feelings.  I’m sure Khan wouldn’t mind the extra exposure.  I thought that teams with new HC’s were not candidates though.  Or was it they have the choice?

There was a brief period where Hard Knocks got replaced, I dunno maybe for two or three years with a series called [Team Name] Summer that appeared on the NFL network. Jags did appear on that, I think it was Del Rio's first or maybe second year. I have it recorded somewhere. It was actually pretty good.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

LOL They taped Reggie Williams to the goal post.

Maybe next year...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(02-26-2021, 12:06 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: LOL They taped Reggie Williams to the goal post.

Maybe next year...

That was funny. Also how nervous Scobee was having to get up in front of everyone to sing his alma mater song. He was almost puking he was so nervous.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

For selfish reasons, I would absolutely love it. I'm going to be watching Hard Knocks regardless, would be cool if it was the Jags again.

For the NFL, the Jags would possibly be the most interesting/exciting show as well. High profile rookie QB, brand new high profile coach, tons of salary for possible free agent acquisitions, etc.

With that said, I don't think the Jaguars will want to create that kind of distraction.