Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Hard Knocks?

(06-08-2021, 09:47 AM)iapetus Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 01:36 PM)Firesky Wrote: Personally i'd rather do hard knocks in year 2 of meyer. I want to sneak up on people this year. we could be into October with the division in reach before teams actually start taking the Jags seriously in terms of gameplanning. I think this team has a similar start to the 2017 team with a blowout win against the Texans.

The story won't be as interesting in year 2. Jaguars are a perfect candidate this year with a new and exciting coach, a new rookie QB with sky-high expectations, Tebowmania...

"no distractions"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Fimg...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(06-09-2021, 09:51 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Fimg...f=1&nofb=1]

I'll be one of the first one's to buy tickets  Banana

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Any word yet?  Should be soon.

If they did Hard Knocks with new coach Urban Meyer, #1 draft pick Trevor Lawrence, and Tim Tebow as a tight end -- it would cause a rip in the fabric of space-time.

I'd prefer a season of All or Nothing. It follows a team through the whole season. But I'll take Hard Knocks if its the only bone they throw us.

Cowboys are the team.

The jags would have been a more interesting pick/season IMO. The Cowboys do generate a lot of interest in general, but I don't think they will be that interesting on this season's Hard Knocks. I don't think their storylines/players would have been as interesting as the Jags would have been.

Jags would have been compelling but they really should not be on it given their first year coach. I know they could volunteer but I don't think they need the extra distraction.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)mal234 Wrote: The jags would have been a more interesting pick/season IMO. The Cowboys do generate a lot of interest in general, but I don't think they will be that interesting on this season's Hard Knocks. I don't think their storylines/players would have been as interesting as the Jags would have been.

The only interest/story line the cowboys have is the health of Dak and how his ankle is doing. Everything else around them is blah/who cares and it's likely going to be a very boring hard knocks.

(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)mal234 Wrote: The jags would have been a more interesting pick/season IMO. The Cowboys do generate a lot of interest in general, but I don't think they will be that interesting on this season's Hard Knocks. I don't think their storylines/players would have been as interesting as the Jags would have been.

Maybe next year. This year true a lot of story lines, but maybe way too many? Also, the cowboys have a fan base many times the size of the Jags
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I was holding onto HBOMax just in case the Jags got the season. Now I can cut it loose for awhile because I don't give a rats rear end about the Cowboys.

but but but.. DISTRACTIONS!!1!!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

From the rumor grapevine, Hard Knocks wanted the Jags, but the Jags turned them down
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Coach wants to creep up on the teams and not have a target on. Maybe sometime in the future for the hard knocks.

(07-06-2021, 09:26 AM)Ronster Wrote: From the rumor grapevine, Hard Knocks wanted the Jags, but the Jags turned them down

Which rumor grapevine?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 11:35 AM by Race Bannon.)

It's a dynamic that happens many years -- the team that we viewers would most like to see because of the drama-droms is a team that doesn't want that kind of distraction while they're dealing with it. Jags have new coach, new #1 quarterback pick and He Who Shall Not be Named. It would make for some good television, but I can understand why the Jags would want a lower profile.

(07-06-2021, 11:18 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 09:26 AM)Ronster Wrote: From the rumor grapevine, Hard Knocks wanted the Jags, but the Jags turned them down

Which rumor grapevine?

You know, THE grapevine... duh
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-07-2021, 02:03 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 11:18 AM)Dimson Wrote: Which rumor grapevine?

You know, THE grapevine... duh

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...snap-photo]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-07-2021, 04:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 02:03 PM)Ronster Wrote: You know, THE grapevine... duh

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...snap-photo]

I can hear this picture, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]