Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Orlando Brown Trade Talk (merged)

Take it for what it’s worth because it’s JLC but...

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/statu...82880?s=21

I’d seriously be all over this of I were the Jags. He views himself as a LT and will want to be paid next year. He is only 24 and has already made 2 Pro Bowls. Having him blocking Trevor’s blindside would be dreamy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, absolutely, I was just reading about this and I was about to start a thread on it.

24 years old, and has one year left on his contract at less than $4 million. No doubt he will want a new deal, and if we can manage that, and if the compensation to the Ravens is acceptable, absolutely we should do that. It seems perfect for us.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 02:15 PM by Upper.)

The Ravens would want a lot of capital for him, and then he would want a whole lot in a contract extension? Y'all want to double dip like that?

I would try to get our LT in FA and our RT in the draft, and if we don't manage to do one of those then I'd circle back to Brown perhaps. He wouldn't be my first or second option though.

Heck ya dude make it happen dudes a beast

If we do not draft the heir apparent @ LT, then this could be a viable option.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I am with Upper on this one. We are in a rebuild that means we need to keep hold of all our 1st - 3rd Round picks for the next couple of years where possible. Brown is likely to impact that. I think LT should be addressed in FA. This being said, i would still be chuffed if we got him.

They got Monroe from us for a 4th and some change. If he's a guy that we want for 10 years are you going to find that in a third round pick?

Who exactly did a available in FA that would come anywhere close to Orlando Brown JR? A 33 year old Trent Williams? Alejandro Villanueva? Russell Okung?

(01-29-2021, 08:38 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Take it for what it’s worth because it’s JLC but...

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/statu...82880?s=21

I’d seriously be all over this of I were the Jags. He views himself as a LT and will want to be paid next year. He is only 24 and has already made 2 Pro Bowls. Having him blocking Trevor’s blindside would be dreamy.

Absolutely.

This is where you spend in FA, young guys still with upside, and especially guys like him that have a chip on their shoulder. How many of us wanted him when he came out of college?

If this happens do we move Robinson to RT ?

(02-25-2021, 06:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If this happens do we move Robinson to RT ?

If this happens we won't resign Robinson

Dilla is now chiming in...

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/13649...43968?s=21

I'd still rather have Trent Williams, he wouldn't cost us any draft picks. I'd only take Brown as long as the price tag does not exceed the #25 pick. If it goes beyond that, I want no part of it.

I am all for acquiring Orlando Brown; the man is mammoth and is a pro bowler. However, I hope the price tag is not multiple 1st round picks as in the Tunsil trade.

(02-25-2021, 10:03 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I am all for acquiring Orlando Brown;  the man is mammoth and is a pro bowler.  However, I hope the price tag is not multiple 1st round picks as in the Tunsil trade.

No way would I give up anything more than #25. He comes from an offense where pass protection is secondary and they have a run-first offense. He is unproven in a conventional NFL scheme. He looks impressive, but looks can be deceiving. That's way too much of a risk.

Granted I don’t know too much about Orlando brown having watched very little of the ravens, but I’d have my reservations about giving up a first round pick plus £20mil a year for someone who plays in a run heavy offence. How often has he had to go down the field when his qb is taking multiple snaps dropping back and throwing. I imagine many offensive lineman would look significantly better in their scheme

I'm torn on Brown, I think he would be a clear upgrade but I don't see a first round+ in picks plus giant contract guy. Pass blocking in that Ravens offense is so easy compared to anywhere else. EDGEs don't even try inside moves because their #1 job is outside contain. He also got more extra TE help than any other LT.

It could work out, but it would be extremely risky and expensive. I wouldn't hate it but also wouldn't love if it happened.

(01-30-2021, 02:14 PM)Upper Wrote: The Ravens would want a lot of capital for him, and then he would want a whole lot in a contract extension? Y'all want to double dip like that?

I would try to get our LT in FA and our RT in the draft, and if we don't manage to do one of those then I'd circle back to Brown perhaps. He wouldn't be my first or second option though.

He would be mine. Aside from Trent Williams, who is significantly older and going to want the same contract or more, there is no better tackle available. If the Ravens are willing to do something like 25 and 45 for Brown and a four, I'd be all over that. Hell, even if it was 25 and 45 for Brown alone, I'd at least consider it. There is not going to be a better tackle available at 25.

(02-25-2021, 02:13 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 02:14 PM)Upper Wrote: The Ravens would want a lot of capital for him, and then he would want a whole lot in a contract extension? Y'all want to double dip like that?

He would be mine. Aside from Trent Williams, who is significantly older and going to want the same contract or more, there is no better tackle available. If the Ravens are willing to do something like 25 and 45 for Brown and a four, I'd be all over that. Hell, even if it was 25 and 45 for Brown alone, I'd at least consider it. There is not going to be a better tackle available at 25.
25 and 45?

Man. That’s kinda steep for me. Both of those picks will be impact players for a team devoid of talent.