Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We so need this offensive roster right now..

QB Trevor Lawrence, Gardner Minshew
RB James Robinson, Ryquell Armstead
WR DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, Amari Rodgers, Collin Johnson, Collin Powell
LT Orlando Brown, Will Richardson
LG Andrew Norwell, Tyler Shatley
C Brandon Linder, Tyler Shatley
RG AJ Cann
RT Jawaan Taylor, Will Richardson
TE Hunter Henry or Jonnu Smith

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2021, 07:44 PM)chris hill Wrote: QB Trevor Lawrence, Gardner Minshew
RG AJ Cann

Not impressed with Amari Rodgers at all. Nothing about him stands out. He's "just a guy."

I'd rather have Trent Williams over Orlando Brown. Brown is unproven as a LT in a true conventional offense. He hardly ever has to pass block in Baltimore, compared to most NFL teams and he would likely cost us multiple picks, as well as a big contract. The only way I take him is if the cost is no more than pick #25 and he's willing to play 2021 on his current deal, so we can see how he does in our offense, before we get locked into a big contract. 

Personally, I'd rather have a veteran like Alex Smith to back up Lawrence. He could actually help him to grow. All Minshew could do is show him how to hold onto the ball way too long. 

Bartch will likely be backing up Cann and may even push him for the starting job at RG.

The backup qb.lol

There is only 2 backup QBs I'd want over Minshew and that is Fitzmagic and Alex Smith

(02-27-2021, 07:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
RG AJ Cann

Not impressed with Amari Rodgers at all. Nothing about him stands out. He's "just a guy."

I'd rather have Trent Williams over Orlando Brown. Brown is unproven as a LT in a true conventional offense. He hardly ever has to pass block in Baltimore, compared to most NFL teams and he would likely cost us multiple picks, as well as a big contract. The only way I take him is if the cost is no more than pick #25 and he's willing to play 2021 on his current deal, so we can see how he does in our offense, before we get locked into a big contract. 

Personally, I'd rather have a veteran like Alex Smith to back up Lawrence. He could actually help him to grow. All Minshew could do is show him how to hold onto the ball way too long. 

Bartch will likely be backing up Cann and may even push him for the starting job at RG.
I would love to have Alex Smith, but given his recently completed physical rehabilitation, I doubt he would be overly interested in what the Jaguars can currently (or realistically in the near future) offer as an offensive line.

Rock Armstead is most likely done, we need a new back up RB.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I hope signing or drafting a guard to compete with Cann and/or improve depth is part of the plan.
Unless that Bartch kid really has something to contribute that I haven’t seen yet. Possible, but I feel we can safely continue upgrading the line and I’d prioritize it ahead of adding targets for Trevor.

(02-28-2021, 03:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I hope signing or drafting a guard to compete with Cann and/or improve depth is part of the plan.
Unless that Bartch kid really has something to contribute that I haven’t seen yet.  Possible, but I feel we can safely continue upgrading the line and I’d prioritize it ahead of adding targets for Trevor.

I would be surprised if the Jaguars use an early draft pick or sign a major free agent at guard.  While Cann isn't great, we have higher priorities at other positions.  On top of that, we also do have Bartch who was a small school, developmental rookie last year.  They'll give him another year to see if he can develop.

And then on defense we need another CB. Another safety. Another DT. At least we have a lot of picks

(02-28-2021, 04:07 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 03:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I hope signing or drafting a guard to compete with Cann and/or improve depth is part of the plan.
Unless that Bartch kid really has something to contribute that I haven’t seen yet.  Possible, but I feel we can safely continue upgrading the line and I’d prioritize it ahead of adding targets for Trevor.

I would be surprised if the Jaguars use an early draft pick or sign a major free agent at guard.  While Cann isn't great, we have higher priorities at other positions.  On top of that, we also do have Bartch who was a small school, developmental rookie last year.  They'll give him another year to see if he can develop.

I mentioned upgrading "the line" ahead of targets, not necessarily guard specifically at an early pick. 

I would like more than a small school 4th rounder in the wings to compete with Cann and represent better depth, but it doesn't need to be a 1st or 2nd rd pick and it could even be a mid tier FA.

Nonetheless, if Trevor is what he's billed to be, then he'll thrive more with improved protection and adequate targets than he would with adequate protection and improved targets.

RG AJ Cann

I'm going to add RB Najee Harris (1st pick of Round 2) and TE Pat Freiermuth (PSU) - 3rd round

We need another RB whose faster and more dynamic with Robinson. A homerun hitter.

We need another WR, perhaps a true slot guy.

And we GREATLY need a TE. I think Philly will part with Goedert or Ertz. Also Jonnu or Henry will do.

What would the likelihood of a team taking our 2nd first round and maybe something else to push back into the the top 10 for Pitts. I know we have other holes To address and I’m sure people think this it will be stupid. So save it your response if you have some smart [BLEEP] [BLEEP] to say. But if you have a honest answer let me here it.

(02-28-2021, 09:38 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: What would the likelihood of a team taking our 2nd first round and maybe something else to push back into the the top 10 for Pitts. I know we have other holes To address and I’m sure  people think  this it will be stupid. So save it your response if you have some smart [BLEEP] [BLEEP] to say. But if you have a honest answer let me here it.

I'd give 25 and 45 for Pitts.  Not sure that would be enough to move up that far though.

(02-28-2021, 09:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:38 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: What would the likelihood of a team taking our 2nd first round and maybe something else to push back into the the top 10 for Pitts. I know we have other holes To address and I’m sure  people think  this it will be stupid. So save it your response if you have some smart [BLEEP] [BLEEP] to say. But if you have a honest answer let me here it.

I'd give 25 and 45 for Pitts.  Not sure that would be enough to move up that far though.
Same. Also would probably toss in a second from next year but that’s about all

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 08:38 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

RG AJ Cann

QB Trevor Lawrence, Don't care
WR DJ Chark, Chris Godwin, Laviska Shenault, Collin Johnson, Collin Powell
LT Trent Williams, Will Richardson
RG Brandon Scherff
TE Kyle Pitts or Pat Friermouth

(02-28-2021, 09:53 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 09:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd give 25 and 45 for Pitts.  Not sure that would be enough to move up that far though.
Same. Also would probably toss in a second from next year but that’s about all

Kyle Pitts is the best player in this draft IMO. Ofcourse TE is not as important as QB tho..

The likelihood would be slim. To get back into the top ten you are likely also going to need to dangle an extra carrot, probably next year's first. That is way too much for any TE.

Sorry if this is seen as a bleep bleep response, I promise it's as honest as I can be.

Washington just released Alex Smith.. Would love to see the Jags bring him in to back up TL..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 11:18 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Maybe we should just hire Alex Smith as the QB Coach!! And during practice he can put his shoulder pads on and walk around and mentor Trevor all practice.

And during the real games, he can put his arm around him after he throws an interception and tell him everything will be ok because he’s a mentor.

And then Trevor and his mentor can go home after a long day of practice and play fortnite and he can mentor him on how to play fortnite.

On a real note - Trevor is built for this. He doesn’t need all that mentor stuff.

(03-01-2021, 11:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Maybe we should just hire Alex Smith as the QB Coach!! And during practice he can put his shoulder pads on and walk around and mentor Trevor all practice.

And during the real games, he can put his arm around him after he throws an interception and tell him everything will be ok because he’s a mentor.

And then Trevor and his mentor can go home after a long day of practice and play fortnite and he can mentor him on how to play fortnite.

On a real note - Trevor is built for this. He doesn’t need all that mentor stuff.

I don't think anyone wants Smith as a mentor.. He's just better than Minshew and would make a better back up..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]