Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow asked if he'll be involved with Urban Meyer-led Jacksonville Jaguars

Tim Tebow asked if he'll be involved with Urban Meyer-led Jacksonville Jaguars

https://247sports.com/Article/Tim-Tebow-...161479366/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do you think it would be distraction? I probably wouldn't for that reason but maybe if he's willing to take a position like an intern or something to get his foot into coaching.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-28-2021, 07:11 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Do you think it would be distraction? I probably wouldn't for that reason but maybe if he's willing to take a position like an intern or something to get his foot into coaching.

What would the Jaguars get out of that move?

(02-28-2021, 08:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 07:11 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Do you think it would be distraction? I probably wouldn't for that reason but maybe if he's willing to take a position like an intern or something to get his foot into coaching.

I'm not advocating for it because Meyer doesn't need the distraction. I'm just saying distraction aside, they'd get the same thing out of him they'd get out of any intern and there's nothing wrong with that.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 09:11 AM by SeldomRite.)

(02-28-2021, 09:07 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 08:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: What would the Jaguars get out of that move?

I'm not advocating for it because Meyer doesn't need the distraction. I'm just saying distraction aside, they'd get the same thing out of him they'd get out of any intern and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, I'd say they get less than nothing out of such a move. Tebow comes across as a complete moron. Bringing him into the organization only provides distraction. Better to let the people getting the coffee be anonymous sorts that no one cares to talk about.

I think he could perform a role such as an intern (learning role) in the community relations, charity, or some limited other areas. I don't think he is a core positional type of coach.

(02-28-2021, 08:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Just think of the billions of tickets that would sell with Saint Timmah on the sidelines; waving to the crowds, healing the players during times out, and walking on spilt beer!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I was never onboard with Tebow as a player for us and routinely expressed my opinion on this during his playing days.

Having said that, Tebow is a good dude and an icon in the sporting landscape of Jacksonville and I would have no issue with him being involved with the Jaguars in some capacity.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 01:25 PM by mikesez.)

Tebow already has the perfect job for himself. He sits behind a desk and looks pretty for the cameras and talks about the college football game that's about to start. This is easier and more lucrative than any coaching role, and he gets more exposure than he would get from the sidelines of the NFL's least popular team.
If Tebow really cared about pro football, he would have tried out as a tight end.
But he didn't, so we know that pro football just isn't a priority for him. That's fine. Let's let go of him.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t feel like Tebow answered the question.

Team Chaplain.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 03:14 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Trevor lacks the nice long wind up required of the current day QB.  I'd like to see Tebow fix Trevor's mechanics.

Check out the nice spacing between the ball and the hips.  Also, keeping the ball low to the ground helps propel strength via the windmill throwing motion.  Never noticed the hitting motion as well in his delivery.  This dude is looking to go deep with that hitting motion .... you can see the baseball player come out in him.

[Image: 57662-controversy-tebow-291x300.jpg]

[Image: 2MMMBCPR5NFEVCGHDSAKCNFMRY.jpg]

Even if he's released.

(02-28-2021, 03:36 PM)iapetus Wrote: Even if he's released.

^   this

Bring him back. He's a winner. We need people like that around. He can give some great speeches

(02-28-2021, 04:17 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Bring him back. He's a winner. We need people like that around. He can give some great speeches

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16031374]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-28-2021, 04:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 04:17 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Bring him back. He's a winner. We need people like that around. He can give some great speeches

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16031374]

OMG ......  HILARIOUS RESPONSE !!! 

I need to go back and listen to that one.

(02-28-2021, 01:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Tebow already has the perfect job for himself. He sits behind a desk and looks pretty for the cameras and talks about the college football game that's about to start.  This is easier and more lucrative than any coaching role, and he gets more exposure than he would get from the sidelines of the NFL's least popular team.
If Tebow really cared about pro football, he would have tried out as a tight end.
But he didn't, so we know that pro football just isn't a priority for him. That's fine.  Let's let go of him.

Funny, we said the same thing about the HC.

Maybe we can cut out the middle man and just have them cover the broadcasts from the sideline.

Some of You guys are funny. I don’t want Tebow near Trevor.

If Tebow wants to mop the floors or clean cleats then that’s fine.

(03-01-2021, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 01:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Tebow already has the perfect job for himself. He sits behind a desk and looks pretty for the cameras and talks about the college football game that's about to start.  This is easier and more lucrative than any coaching role, and he gets more exposure than he would get from the sidelines of the NFL's least popular team.

Funny, we said the same thing about the HC.

Nobody said Urban Meyer looks pretty. Tongue