Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
health releated (my health is fine)

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 06:06 PM by snowwolf776.)

I was just wondering if people on the board plan on getting the convid  vaccine when you are able too. 

I am,both my parents got thiers both are over 65,and have underlineing health condentions.

I should be able to get mine sooner rather then later cause of my Chroms diease that i have. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not immediately. Will wait and see how it goes with everyone else. Will continue to get flu shot though, but since the flu was eradicated, not sure its even necessary anymore.

Too many unknowns with the COVID vaccine, I have NO intention of getting it
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 07:43 PM by Jags.)

Dad was 73 mom, 65 after first shot.  They asked if I’d get it.  I said I wasn’t eligible.  They asked me about when I was.  My response, “let’s just see how you and mom fair after your second”.   We all had our morbid laughs.  Genes...smh

They’re both alive, thankfully after their second shot.  Both had underlining issues.  Dad more so than mom.  I will say my dad felt like crap for almost a week.  But he also is stubborn and overworked himself prior to the shot.  So we’re not sure what exactly made him feel bad.  But he did have a slight fever for almost a week. He’s now ordered to tell me when he has physical stuff to do around the house, whether he listens or not, who knows.  He’s stubborn to say the least.  

Count me in on the crowd that wants to further see the results.  I’ll get it If safe and doesn’t put me out of work.

I got it a month ago, it was no big deal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2021, 07:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I got it a month ago, it was no big deal.

I had my first dose a week ago.  From what I understand, IF there are any side effects it will be after the second dose.  But those could be alleviated by hydrating properly.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-07-2021, 09:18 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 07:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I got it a month ago, it was no big deal.

I had my first dose a week ago.  From what I understand, IF there are any side effects it will be after the second dose.  But those could be alleviated by hydrating properly.

Take a Claratin the day before and day of as well, the antihistamines help with potential allergy issues.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I will get it as soon as I'm eligible.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

What’s the difference between the two shot kind and the one shot on from J&J?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-07-2021, 01:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What’s the difference between the two shot kind and the one shot on from J&J?

FWIW, I was talking to my brother the other day and this got brought up.  I don’t know what all he knows that we don’t.  But he said to stick with the 2 shot vaccines.  I asked why but was just told to stick with those.  He can’t freely talk about some stuff. The virus is one of them.  

I know that doesn’t help much.

(03-07-2021, 03:46 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 01:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What’s the difference between the two shot kind and the one shot on from J&J?

FWIW, I was talking to my brother the other day and this got brought up.  I don’t know what all he knows that we don’t.  But he said to stick with the 2 shot vaccines.  I asked why but was just told to stick with those.  He can’t freely talk about some stuff. The virus is one of them.  

What does your brother do?

(03-07-2021, 03:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 03:46 PM)Jags Wrote: FWIW, I was talking to my brother the other day and this got brought up.  I don’t know what all he knows that we don’t.  But he said to stick with the 2 shot vaccines.  I asked why but was just told to stick with those.  He can’t freely talk about some stuff. The virus is one of them.  

What does your brother do?
I honestly don’t know.  He can’t talk about what he “does”.  But he’s a Major (Army)  in what’s called  FA52.  It’s supposed to  be something that is “nuclear” related.    But since this virus, they’ve been sending him all over the place.  NY at the Javits center at first then in TX here recently.  

It was one of those, I’m telling you, without actually telling me.  Even told at one point “those are your words not mine”. It’s actually kinda comical talking to him when I can. I never fail to ask him if he believes in UFO’s (wink,wink), lol.

Well the first kind requires two shots. The second kind requires one shot.

Sorry couldn't resist!

Laughing
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Dad (69) works in a grocery, and got a dose from the in-house pharmacy when they had some extras on hand. No issues with it, and glad he did.

I'll be quite happy to get a spot in line when eligible. I'm not a tinfoil-hat kind of guy, frankly if the gubmint wants to inject me with mind control juice, I could use the break from all the anxieties that come with downtime.

Our neighborhood has a large number of elderly folks, and a number of them have all gotten the shots, and none have reported any ill effects.

CDC Linky

Big thing I noticed was that the two-shot doses were significantly more effective than J&J (mid 90% vs. 67%) in their clinical trial.

I'm ready to get mine whenever eligible.

(03-08-2021, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm ready to get mine whenever eligible.

Same.  And I don't care which of the three is offered at the time.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-08-2021, 05:14 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Well the first kind requires two shots. The second kind requires one shot.

Sorry couldn't resist!

Laughing

Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Most of my family (me, brother, cousins, & aunts/uncles) have all gotten it because we are all in medicine. Both Pfizer and Moderna. Few people with mild cold-like symptoms after the 2nd shot. Few more with a sore arm after the 2nd shot. Otherwise no issues.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 10:31 AM by KingIngram052787.)

My parents, 69 and 65, both got Moderna. Dad (69) has underlying conditions, mom does not but is of the eligible age. Neither had any significant reactions other than some arm soreness.

I will get mine when I am eligible, which will likely not be until the end (May is now what their projection seems to be).