Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody Watching Oprah Interview with Harry and Meghan?

Star 

It wil be on Sunday night March 7th, two hours with Oprah Winfrey. Prince Harry and Dutchess Meghan as she is pregnant with their second child. As it is the first interview since they left the UK. Harry says it is due to not letting history repeat itself. Over like what happened to his beloved late mother, Princess Diana. Really the UK tabloids can be very harsh that at times make the US ones like cakewalk there. Plus Buckingham Palace likes to keep a tight leash on the family! Can't hardly wait!
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nope.. I don't care about any of them..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I think the royal family is making a mistake feeding all this negative stuff about Meghan to the press. They should be above all that mud slinging.

Why do we still have fake royals?

Why does anyone care about these people?

What do they do?
s
;

;

I'm an American. The Royals have nothing to do with us, so I couldn't care less. I don't understand why so many Americans follow them? They are basically the English equivalent of the Kardashians and I loathe them.

One, it’s Oprah so I wouldn’t watch it for that alone and Two, Harry needs to realize his wife and his mother are nothing alike, and the press didn’t “hate” his mother to her death. Meghan isn’t the future Queen and has made no attempts to become part of “the firm”. She won’t be treated like Kate just like Harry isn’t treated like William.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Well expect millions to watch there. Regardless there!

(03-07-2021, 04:58 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Well expect millions to watch there. Regardless there!

There where? There here? There there?

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021, 06:23 PM by Jags.)

(03-07-2021, 05:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 04:58 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Well expect millions to watch there. Regardless there!

There where? There here? There there?

There ya go!

Edit:  the more I see that word, the more it looks wrong.  It’s like saying the same word over and over until it sounds silly and not even a word in the English language.

(03-07-2021, 01:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: One, it’s Oprah so I wouldn’t watch it for that alone and Two, Harry needs to realize his wife and his mother are nothing alike, and the press didn’t “hate” his mother to her death. Meghan isn’t the future Queen and has made no attempts to become part of “the firm”. She won’t be treated like Kate just like Harry isn’t treated like William.

Harry is treated different because Chuck ain't his daddy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2021, 06:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 01:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: One, it’s Oprah so I wouldn’t watch it for that alone and Two, Harry needs to realize his wife and his mother are nothing alike, and the press didn’t “hate” his mother to her death. Meghan isn’t the future Queen and has made no attempts to become part of “the firm”. She won’t be treated like Kate just like Harry isn’t treated like William.

Harry is treated different because Chuck ain't his daddy.

Well there’s that, but also just like Andrew and Edward are treated differently than Charles.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

His comment about history not repeating itself could be about more than his Mom.
Had he stayed in the UK he was more likely to end up like his uncle, not his dad.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021, 08:19 PM by mal234.)

I'm interested in seeing what they have to say. I think that Harry and Meghan seem like nice people. It seems like a lot of the press/some of the royal staff/family don't really respect his marriage. And that's unfortunate. He should be allowed to be happy and him/Megan (at least as far we know) haven't done anything nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff the other royals have done. They should be left in peace and it looks like they came to America (and earlier Canada) to get that.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 12:27 AM by americus 2.0.)

I watched it. I don't get truly "triggered" by much but talk about depression and suicide or childhood sex abuse and we've got a problem. Listening to her tell her story about depression and suicidal thoughts was hard. I know what that pain looks and sounds  and feels like and I believe her because she's not that good of an actress.

Good on them getting out of that toxic environment. I've read many biographies over the years about the Kennedys, former presidents and the various royals of the British monarchy past and present, etc. The life stories of some of these folks is intriguing, absurd, ridiculous, tragic, etc. You couldn't pay me enough to live like that.

Mental illness is no joke. And really people think it is no big deal. Think again!

Great interview. Very revealing. I never understood the UK hate (royal family + press) for Meghan since I thought she was always very charitable. Given certain members of the royal family (and their advisors/publicists) are racist and the press sells more papers with extremely negative tabloids, that's a deadly combination for the intended "victim".

https://youtu.be/q-zq1vlGa4k

That video was silly. Lol.

Something I don't understand and maybe someone here can explain it to me. Why is it that people think a life of privilege excludes privileged folks from the same problems the rest of us have? In this case, just because the royal family is some of the most privileged people on the planet, it doesn't mean they get a pass on life with its trials and troubles. Theirs just looks different from the rest of us.

Yeah money pays the bills and gets you nice things but it doesn't save you from that cancer diagnosis, the child with autism, the alcoholic father, the mental illness, etc. People are bashing her because all they see is her privilege and not seeing the actual problem. A woman, pregnant with her first child, who was suicidal and no one in her new family gave a damn except her husband. That people don't see the real issue says a lot about who they are and that's sad.

(03-12-2021, 02:09 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That video was silly. Lol.

Something I don't understand and maybe someone here can explain it to me. Why is it that people think a life of privilege excludes privileged folks from the same problems the rest of us have? In this case, just because the royal family is some of the most privileged people on the planet, it doesn't mean they get a pass on life with its trials and troubles. Theirs just looks different from the rest of us.

Yeah money pays the bills and gets you nice things but it doesn't save you from that cancer diagnosis, the child with autism, the alcoholic father, the mental illness, etc. People are bashing her because all they see is her privilege and not seeing the actual problem. A woman, pregnant with her first child, who was suicidal and no one in her new family gave a damn except her husband. That people don't see the real issue says a lot about who they are and that's sad.

When they put themselves on TV and try to play the victim, they open themselves up for what follows.. We're still in the middle of a pandemic where millions of people have lost their jobs, have been starving because they can't afford to feed their families, and these pieces of [BLEEP] "royals" want to sit on TV and try to play the victim card.. [BLEEP] them..

In general people think anyone of privilege should never complain about anything because of their privilege. But that privilege doesn't buy them out of real life situations. That's what I was saying.

I think it can be hypocritical for people of extreme privilege to complain about almost anything because at least they have the means to still pay their bills and have a roof over their heads, etc., but none of that helps when your loved one has stage four cancer and they suffer and die. It's one less thing to worry about but the emotional toll of watching a loved one suffer and die doesn't cease to exist just because there is a boatload of money in the bank. That's my point.

Treading very carefully to say this, but there is a saying in the Christian world, "I'm too blessed to be stressed," and there are folks who feel that if you're stressed then you aren't really trusting God. That is complete BS. Life is stressful, period. It sucks sometimes. It's not fair. Whatever. Life affects everyone. As Jim Morrison of The Doors once said, "no one here gets out alive." No one gets out unscathed no matter their privilege (or religious beliefs.)

Do I think H&M have legitimate complaints? It doesn't matter when a person feels like life isn't worth living. If she's lying and its all a publicity stunt then let them burn in hell for it, but I will always give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to mental illness unless/until they are proven frauds. I have seen what untreated mental illness does to a person and their family and its ugly as hell. My uncle committed suicide in 2010 and the road to that point was difficult on all of us in ways I can't explain, but I can't imagine how difficult it was for him.