Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zach Ertz on Trade block?

Somehow I missed this over the weekend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ming-days/

I wonder if we are among the interested teams.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-08-2021, 12:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Somehow I missed this over the weekend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ming-days/

I wonder if we are among the interested teams.

My guess is the Eagles will end up getting the equivalent of a 4th Round pick in 2021 for Zach Ertz. 

At the very least, I think the Jaguars are seriously  considering attempting to trade for Zach Ertz. Much like Kyle Rudolph, Ertz would be a great asset in Trevor Lawrence's development as an NFL QB. The reason why I think Rudolph would be an even better option for the Jaguars is there would be no trade compensation.

I'm torn about this. Recently it seems that most elite level TE's burn out physically due to the difficulty/versatility of the position. Ertz would be great a complimentary piece, but he will probably never a pro-bowl level TE. There is also the risk of availability.

Having said that, TE is such a dart throw these days, maybe you have to take every chance you can to get some productivity out the position. Especially this team which may have the worst TE production in the league over the past decade.

I guess if it's really cheap compensation wise then I'd take a stab at it. He wasn't looking so good even before the injury though so I wouldn't give up anything more than a day 3 pick.

I think I'd pass, his decline has already been pretty steep. I don't think there's anything left in the tank with him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If you guys want a free agent TE and Ertz ends up somewhere else, then there’s always Evan Engram.

(03-08-2021, 08:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you guys want a free agent TE and Ertz ends up somewhere else, then there’s always Evan Engram.

This free agent class isn’t very exciting. Jonnu Smith, because he’s young and can stay on the field, is the only TE I’d throw money at. Just draft two of the top TE prospects and hope one pans out.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-08-2021, 08:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you guys want a free agent TE and Ertz ends up somewhere else, then there’s always Evan Engram.

I wondeer why he didn't work out with the Giants.

He had all kinds of speed.  Did he not have good hands?  Did he not run good routes?  Off field stuff?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-08-2021, 04:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think I'd pass, his decline has already been pretty steep. I don't think there's anything left in the tank with him.

I don’t think you can say the decline had been that steep. He had almost 90 receptions/1000 yards in 2019. Sure, it dropped to a third in 2020, but a lot of that has to do with Wentz going of a cliff last year

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 01:26 PM by JagswinJagswin.)

I am not giving up more than a 5th round pick for a 30 year old stop gap TE, if that.

(03-14-2021, 01:24 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: I am not giving up more than a 5th round pick for a 30 year old stop gap TE, if that.

A 4th/5th id rather get Njoku out of Cleveland. My priority is still Jonnu from Tenn.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Pelissero just said the Eagles are asking for a 3rd or 4th rounder. That's a hard pass for me.

I might give a 5th or 6th for him or Njoku, but only after striking out on the FA TEs.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021, 02:57 PM by ATLjag.)

There are young good TEs available in free agency that can be acquired, without giving up draft compensation. Also, Ertz is older at 30 and has only 1 year left on his contract. I am not a fan of using draft capital for potentially one year rentals.

(03-14-2021, 02:51 PM)Upper Wrote: Pelissero just said the Eagles are asking for a 3rd or 4th rounder. That's a hard pass for me.

I might give a 5th or 6th for him or Njoku, but only after striking out on the FA TEs.

I still think there are better options in free agency (Henry and Smith) and they won't cost us a draft pick.

I'd draft Pitts or Freiermuth. Ultimately the Eagles will have to release him. Maybe kick the tires then but I'd rather draft a TE than sign one in FA
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-14-2021, 02:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 02:51 PM)Upper Wrote: Pelissero just said the Eagles are asking for a 3rd or 4th rounder. That's a hard pass for me.

I still think there are better options in free agency (Henry and Smith) and they won't cost us a draft pick.

That's why I said only after striking out on the FA TEs...

(03-14-2021, 03:26 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 02:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still think there are better options in free agency (Henry and Smith) and they won't cost us a draft pick.

That's why I said only after striking out on the FA TEs..

After the free agent options, I'd just go into the draft and look for one. I really like Hunter Long, Brevin Jordan and Kenny Yeboah. They may take a little longer to develop, but I think they have pretty high ceilings.

(03-14-2021, 02:57 PM)ATLjag Wrote: There are young good TEs available in free agency that can be acquired, without giving up draft compensation.  Also, Ertz is older at 30 and has only 1 year left on his contract.  I am not a fan of using draft capital for potentially one year rentals.

....and was already screaming (literally) for a new deal in Philly. I don't know that I would trade ANOTHER team's picks for him.