Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

Hunter Henry and Golladay not tagged.

After hearing Urban today, it looks like DL, TE and WR may be priorities.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-09-2021, 01:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hunter Henry and Golladay not tagged.

??????? So stupid.

(03-09-2021, 01:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

??????? So stupid.

I thought you said Henry was gonna get tagged?

(03-09-2021, 01:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

??????? So stupid.

We could end up losing three WRs from last year's roster in Cole, Westbrook and Conley.  We can't go into the season with only 3 WRs, even if they are good.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It looks like Meyer has a different opinion than most on this board where our weaknesses are.

It didn't register with me before but if we lose several receivers then someone needs to replace them.

We’re gonna lose Cole, Conley, and Westbrook. WR depth is a need.

I took away priority, on defense, as DL first and foremost, then a few spots in the secondary.  On offense, QB (Lawrence), speed/big play threat at WR, and TE.  He did mention that he likes James Robinson but needs some room help behind him.

I’d like us to target Golladay, Jonnu Smith and any top S available in FA, don’t care who.

Golladay would be a great target for T-Law with Westbrook & Conley definitely leaving (possibly Cole too though he had an ok year). I’d even take Curtis Samuel, had a good year last year but could be down to being in a contract year. He’d be used similar to the way we want to use Shenault.

Jonnu Smith would be a good pickup as I can see Henry going elsewhere. This makes us stronger and also makes a divisional rival weaker. Guys got good hands and Tennessee didn’t even get the best out of him, I think T-Law can.

Jonnu from the titans and Johnson from the Rams both escape the tag. Should be 2 high priorities for the Jags.

Hunter, Johnson, and Neal would be a great haul

Who's better at TE, Henry or Ertz?

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 05:29 PM by ATLjag.)

(03-09-2021, 05:22 PM)JagFanFirs t Wrote: Who's better at TE, Henry or Ertz?

Hunter Henry is 26, and Ertz is 30.  Both are effective TEs, but I would take the younger Henry to pair with a young QB. Obviously, both have had success in this league.

(03-09-2021, 05:28 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 05:22 PM)JagFanFirs t Wrote: Who's better at TE, Henry or Ertz?

Hunter Henry is 26, and Ertz is 30.  Both are effective TEs, but I would take the younger Henry to pair with a young QB.  Obviously, both have had success in this league.

Ertz is a 3x Pro Bowler/1x All Pro, but he's also 4 years older.

A more intriguing option would be who would be a better option: Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 05:43 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-09-2021, 01:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 01:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: ??????? So stupid.

I thought you said Henry was gonna get tagged?

I didn't say he would for sure, but I thought they would tag him. It surprises me they didn't, but I never checked their cap situation. Maybe they couldn't fit him under the cap. Who knows? Either way, that gives us more options between him and Jonnu Smith. So, it's our gain.

(03-09-2021, 01:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 01:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: ??????? So stupid.

We could end up losing three WRs from last year's roster in Cole, Westbrook and Conley.  We can't go into the season with only 3 WRs, even if they are good.

I still think we should re-sign Cole. As far as prioritizing WR over OT, it is very stupid.

(03-09-2021, 04:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We’re gonna lose Cole, Conley, and Westbrook. WR depth is a need.

Agreed, but you don't prioritize depth at one position (WR) over the need for an immediate starter at another (LT.)

(03-09-2021, 05:22 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Who's better at TE, Henry or Ertz?

Gimme a 26 year old Henry that we can sign in free agency over a 30 year old Zach Ertz, that we'd have to trade for.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 05:46 PM by JagFanFirst.)

My worry is that Hunter seems to get hurt a lot. For some reason, our TEs can never stay healthy.

Not saying Ertz is the answer either.

(03-09-2021, 05:35 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 05:28 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Hunter Henry is 26, and Ertz is 30.  Both are effective TEs, but I would take the younger Henry to pair with a young QB.  Obviously, both have had success in this league.

Ertz is a 3x Pro Bowler/1x All Pro, but he's also 4 years older.

A more intriguing option would be who would be a better option: Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry?

I'll take either one and be happy.

(03-09-2021, 04:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We’re gonna lose Cole, Conley, and Westbrook. WR depth is a need.

So if we lose all three what do we really "lose"?  If I could only keep one I would probably lean towards Cole.  With that being said none of them are really "difference makers" or "must have" players.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-09-2021, 05:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 01:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: We could end up losing three WRs from last year's roster in Cole, Westbrook and Conley.  We can't go into the season with only 3 WRs, even if they are good.

I still think we should re-sign Cole. As far as prioritizing WR over OT, it is very stupid.

I'm not sure anyone associated with this team has done that yet.

Chill.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-09-2021, 05:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

So if we lose all three what do we really "lose"?  If I could only keep one I would probably lean towards Cole.  With that being said none of them are really "difference makers" or "must have" players.

I'd like to have Cole back, but the other two are no real loss at all. Conley and Westbrook can be replaced with UDFA's.