Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(04-01-2021, 01:33 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Spotrac has published Phillip Dorsett contract details for those interested.   Dorsett signed a 1 year ("prove it") deal with a base salary of $990,000, and incentives (per game active bonuses) that could raise the overall compensation to just over $1.1 million.  Due to some veteran signing advantage in the CBA, he will count $850,000 against the cap.  Although his production in his first 6 seasons has been minimal, his best season being 33 catches for just over 500 yards, his upside (and 4.3 speed) is appetizing if someone can find his niche.  Although he was out last year due to a foot injury/surgery, he had played well enough in Seattle's camp and preseason to secure the 3rd WR behind Metcalf and Lockett.

I like this signing, as it is low risk, with upside potential.  If he doesn't work out, he can be released without negative impact.

Honestly the weirdest part of this whole thing is that Dorsett has been in the league 6 years.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2021, 12:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 11:54 AM)Jag149 Wrote: I would not trade any of our first 4 picks to get Kyle Trask. Just not worth it to me. I hope the jags feel the same way.  the 25th pick and the first pick of the second day #33 are more valuable than one player.  Sounds like a Gene Smith "I am the smartest guy in the room" move.

Kyle Trask or Kyle Pitts?

Ultimately it wouldn't make any difference, but I would hope trading one of our top 4 picks for Kyle Trask isn't a consideration when we are poised to take Trevor Lawrence at #1 overall.

Trevor at #1, Trask at #25.

QB competition baby!

(04-02-2021, 01:18 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Kyle Trask or Kyle Pitts?

Ultimately it wouldn't make any difference, but I would hope trading one of our top 4 picks for Kyle Trask isn't a consideration when we are poised to take Trevor Lawrence at #1 overall.

QB competition baby!

Roseanne Roseannadanna     ...Smile
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 02:30 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-02-2021, 01:18 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Kyle Trask or Kyle Pitts?

QB competition baby!

Sounds like a complete nightmare.

The first interception or bad incompletion TL throws, some Gator homers or just plain malcontents would call for Trask.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

LB Damien Wilson has signed with the Jags. It strengthens the LB unit, and should provide competition for a starting OLB/SAM role in the 4-3, and strong interior backup in the 3-4 alignment.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 07:31 PM by surfon.)

Wilson micd up against detroit, seems like a solid addition to the lb core.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...fy4GbKPjgj

Jags just re-signed Daniel Ross, a 63 305 DT that played sparingly late last season. Why? ....I have no idea.

(04-10-2021, 08:05 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Jags just re-signed Daniel Ross, a 63 305 DT that played sparingly late last season.  Why? ....I have no idea.

Camp body, most likely.

(04-10-2021, 08:05 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Jags just re-signed Daniel Ross, a 63 305 DT that played sparingly late last season.  Why? ....I have no idea.

Because we are allowed to take 90 players into training camp.