Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fisher & Reiff

Well, the franchising of Cam seems a little premature. Eric Fisher, albeit recovering from an ACL, and Riley Reiff, were both released the past couple days. Reiff is 32 and Fisher is 30. I'd take a healthy Fisher over Cam. He'd be cheaper than Trent Williams.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2021, 12:15 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Well, the franchising of Cam seems a little premature. Eric Fisher, albeit recovering from an ACL, and Riley Reiff, were both released the past couple days. Reiff is 32 and Fisher is 30. I'd take a healthy Fisher over Cam. He'd be cheaper than Trent Williams.

Fisher is recovering from an Achilles' injury, not an ACL.  Big difference.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-11-2021, 12:15 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Well, the franchising of Cam seems a little premature. Eric Fisher, albeit recovering from an ACL, and Riley Reiff, were both released the past couple days. Reiff is 32 and Fisher is 30. I'd take a healthy Fisher over Cam. He'd be cheaper than Trent Williams.

Gimme Riley Reiff, if we can't get Williams. Reiff had his best season as a pro committing only 1 penalty and 1 sack allowed in 2020 in over 1000 snaps and he's healthy.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2021, 01:27 PM by D6.)

Riley Reiff is the type of player who will bring professionalism to the team he's with. One thing you don't have to be concerned about Reiff is putting himself above his team. Reiff is the antithesis of a diva.

Even though Reiff had a good statistical 2020 season, I think he's a better fit at RT and would be at either Guard position than at LT. High caliber edge rushers have given him plenty of problems over the years. His below average arm length puts him at a disadvantage at LT.

(03-11-2021, 01:20 PM)D6 Wrote: Riley Reiff is the type of player who will bring professionalism to the team he's with. One thing you don't have to be concerned about Reiff is putting himself above his team. Reiff is the antithesis of a diva.

Even though Reiff had a good statistical 2020 season, I think he's a better fit at RT and would be at either Guard position than at LT. High caliber edge rushers have given him plenty of problems over the years. His below average arm length puts him at a disadvantage at LT.

Dont worry, O line matters likes plugging in RTs at LT with his high level of disdain for Cam Robinson
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-11-2021, 04:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 01:20 PM)D6 Wrote: Riley Reiff is the type of player who will bring professionalism to the team he's with. One thing you don't have to be concerned about Reiff is putting himself above his team. Reiff is the antithesis of a diva.

Dont worry, O line matters likes plugging in RTs at LT with his high level of disdain for Cam Robinson

Riley Reiff providing a short term upgrade over Jawaan Taylor at RT and being able to fill in at LT, in case of injury, is a potential option for the Jaguars that I believe is worth exploring closely.

It wasn't premature.

They franchised him on the last possible day.

(03-11-2021, 04:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Apparently you don't pay attention to teams outside of Jacksonville. Reiff played LT for the Vikings and last season he only gave up 1 sack and committed only 1 penalty in over 1000 snaps. Apparently that isn't good enough for you, because Robinson is so much better?

Reiff should already be signed if for nothing else to replace Taylor at rt.

(03-13-2021, 01:37 AM)surfon Wrote: Reiff should already be signed if for nothing else to replace Taylor at rt
  This would be a smart signing... totally hoping we land him.

You guys gonna be real mad when Cam starts all year at LT.