Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drew Brees to retire

(03-16-2021, 03:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 07:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: A case might be made for Rivers even to be inducted... and even that is a stretch.

Hell considering people are trying to make the case for Eli freaking Manning to be inducted, anything is possible I suppose.

Romo and Rivers were so much better than Eli. The hall will lose a whole lot of credibility if he gets in and the first two don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2021, 08:18 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 03:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Hell considering people are trying to make the case for Eli freaking Manning to be inducted, anything is possible I suppose.

Romo and Rivers were so much better than Eli. The hall will lose a whole lot of credibility if he gets in and the first two don't.

I've been watching a series of discussions/debates on whether Manning deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, most of which involved former players, many of whom were former players.  I was left convinced of two things:

1.  Eli Manning does NOT belong in the Hall of Fame; and
2.  Tony Boselli belongs in the Hall of fame.

As for Romo and Rivers, I would give Rivers the nod before Romo.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2021, 08:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  Eli Manning does NOT belong in the Hall of Fame; and

If they were a pokemon it would start as a Foles, evolve into a Flacco, and finish as an Eli. Foles was a very bad QB who got one extremely lucky and well timed hot streak and won a SB. Flacco was a below average QB who got one extremely lucky and well timed hot streak and won a SB. Eli was just a dead average QB who got two extremely lucky and well timed hot streaks and won two SB.

(03-16-2021, 08:40 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  Eli Manning does NOT belong in the Hall of Fame; and

If they were a pokemon it would start as a Foles, evolve into a Flacco, and finish as an Eli. Foles was a very bad QB who got one extremely lucky and well timed hot streak and won a SB. Flacco was a below average QB who got one extremely lucky and well timed hot streak and won a SB. Eli was just a dead average QB who got two extremely lucky and well timed hot streaks and won two SB.

Would much rather that than the opposite.  Give me the average player that turns it up when it matters the most than a really good player that chokes when the pressure is on and it matters the most like Romo did

(03-16-2021, 08:40 PM)Upper Wrote:

Did Manning even get "hot" in those SB's?  17-14 in 2008 and 21-17 in 2012.  I always felt the defense was the factor.

If Tyree didn't make the helmet catch in '08, they wouldn't have won that one.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2021, 09:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 09:05 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: When does it all catch up to the Saints? On the surface the Hill deal looks brilliant, but will this ever start catching up to them with all the loopholes they do... or is the Saints GM just a flat out cap genius and ahead of everyone else by miles? Damn we need somebody like that man...

Without Brees they are going to be .500 at best.

I was referring to their cap management. They just seem wayyyy ahead anyone else when it comes to that.

Sucks he retiring, I liked watching him play.
I feel bad for the browns…

(03-17-2021, 05:52 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:40 PM)Upper Wrote: If they were a pokemon it would start as a Foles, evolve into a Flacco, and finish as an Eli. Foles was a very bad QB who got one extremely lucky and well timed hot streak and won a SB. Flacco was a below average QB who got one extremely lucky and well timed hot streak and won a SB. Eli was just a dead average QB who got two extremely lucky and well timed hot streaks and won two SB.

Did Manning even get "hot" in those SB's?  17-14 in 2008 and 21-17 in 2012.  I always felt the defense was the factor.

If Tyree didn't make the helmet catch in '08, they wouldn't have won that one.

Wait a minute now...

If Eli didn’t break the grasp of the defender that was about to sack him, and then throw it up for Tyree then they wouldn’t have won 1. 

Also if Eli doesn’t make one of the top 10 most perfect placed passes in NFL history they wouldn’t have won 1. The Mario Manningham catch.

If Eli didn’t see the CB fall to the ground then maybe he doesn’t throw the ball to Burress, but Eli threw it up for Burress to beat the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Eli is 8th all time in yards passing with 57,023. Romo is 34th all time in yards passing with 34,183, which is 2,111 than our good buddy Mark Brunell.

Eli and Romo made the PB 4 times.

Eli has won 2 Super Bowls while Romo has never been to a Super Bowl. 

How can a QB be drafted #1 overall, make the Pro Bowl 4 times, Win 2 Super Bowls, 2 Super Bowl MVP’s, and retire as the 8th all time in passing yards, 9th all time TDs, 

I will bet every dollar I got that Romo will never ever be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

As far as Phillip Rivers he is 5th all time in passing yards and 5th all time in TDs. He had (12) 4,000 yard seasons and was an 8 time Pro Bowler. I just don’t see how you don’t indict a player that retires with the 5th most passing yards ever.

How can Eli not be a Hall of Famer with his resume, and the same can be asked about Rivers.

But Tony freakin Romo ? He’s not even in the discussion. Not even close.