Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free agency Day 1 grades

I just came here to see all the whining and hand wringing over not signing Judon, Henry, and Shaq.

Glad the usual suspects didn't disappoint.

As per a grade, well since FA hasn't technically even begun and isn't over, I'll give it an I (incomplete)

You all really assumed with all our cap space we were just gonna go try and buy a winning team? That's how you end up in cap trouble in a couple seasons (was 2017 that long ago?)
We have to pay Chark still. We're getting Sidney Jones back. FA for a rebuilding team should be about value and plugging holes. The teams that are closer to a SB can pay the big money to the "stars". We're not there yet.
It really hasn't been so bad of "day 1" of the tampering period.

Bunch of frickin crybabies on here... talking about how incompetent the GM is for not signing who you think should be signed? Maybe... just maybe they tried? And these guys either took more money (we shouldn't over pay any of the guys that have been signed so far, none of them are that good) OR maybe, and this is probably pretty likely, some of these guys don't want to go to a rebuilding Jacksonville team... I mean the Pats, Bears, Browns.... most other teams are closer to a SB than us... and if the money is close to the same, they aren't choosing us.

Get over it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2021, 12:59 PM)Kane Wrote: Get over it.

Found a mark.

(03-16-2021, 11:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 11:26 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: Hyde was picked up to give our starter a breather, Dorsett to take the top off defense with speed, Jamal was to provide a returner if Dede and kohl leave,  we picked up a couple special teasers and a safety and still have cap room for today.  What is not to like, increased our depth and there are still high end free agents available.

Are you serious? Hyde has nothing left in the tank and shouldn't make it passed final cuts. Dorsett is always injured and wasn't even effective when he had Andrew Luck and Tom Brady throwing him the ball. We added good special teams players. Am I supposed to be overjoyed with that? We were 1-15. What about OT, TE, Safety, CB, LB and pass rusher? Those were areas we need to focus on. We got nothing.

Because you don't like the pickup, you don't have to make [BLEEP] up.  I didn't particularly like the Hyde pickup but to say he has nothing left in the tank is baloney.  He was an effective backup for Seattle last year which is exactly what he was brought in to do.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-16-2021, 01:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 11:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Are you serious? Hyde has nothing left in the tank and shouldn't make it passed final cuts. Dorsett is always injured and wasn't even effective when he had Andrew Luck and Tom Brady throwing him the ball. We added good special teams players. Am I supposed to be overjoyed with that? We were 1-15. What about OT, TE, Safety, CB, LB and pass rusher? Those were areas we need to focus on. We got nothing.

Because you don't like the pickup, you don't have to make [BLEEP] up.  I didn't particularly like the Hyde pickup but to say he has nothing left in the tank is baloney.  He was an effective backup for Seattle last year which is exactly what he was brought in to do.

My issue is that he's quit on a couple teams now. I thought Drake would've been a better choice.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-16-2021, 01:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 11:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Are you serious? Hyde has nothing left in the tank and shouldn't make it passed final cuts. Dorsett is always injured and wasn't even effective when he had Andrew Luck and Tom Brady throwing him the ball. We added good special teams players. Am I supposed to be overjoyed with that? We were 1-15. What about OT, TE, Safety, CB, LB and pass rusher? Those were areas we need to focus on. We got nothing.

I'm not making anything up. There was a reason why we released him once and it wasn't due to salary cap issues.

(03-16-2021, 01:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 01:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Because you don't like the pickup, you don't have to make [BLEEP] up.  I didn't particularly like the Hyde pickup but to say he has nothing left in the tank is baloney.  He was an effective backup for Seattle last year which is exactly what he was brought in to do.

I'm not making anything up. There was a reason why we released him once and it wasn't due to salary cap issues.

And the reason had absolutely nothing to do with what you said.  You know he had 1,000 yard year the next year in Houston...right?  Then he averaged 4.4 yards in a backup role last year.

(03-16-2021, 12:59 PM)Kane Wrote: I just came here to see all the whining and hand wringing over not signing Judon, Henry, and Shaq.

As per a grade, well since FA hasn't technically even begun and isn't over, I'll give it an I (incomplete)

You all really assumed with all our cap space we were just gonna go try and buy a winning team? That's how you end up in cap trouble in a couple seasons (was 2017 that long ago?)
We have to pay Chark still. We're getting Sidney Jones back. FA for a rebuilding team should be about value and plugging holes. The teams that are closer to a SB can pay the big money to the "stars". We're not there yet.

Bunch of frickin crybabies on here... talking about how incompetent the GM is for not signing who you think should be signed? Maybe... just maybe they tried? And these guys either took more money (we shouldn't over pay any of the guys that have been signed so far, none of them are that good) OR maybe, and this is probably pretty likely, some of these guys don't want to go to a rebuilding Jacksonville team... I mean the Pats, Bears, Browns.... most other teams are closer to a SB than us... and if the money is close to the same, they aren't choosing us.

Get over it.
Didn't read past first paragraph. Your essentially whining about others whining.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-16-2021, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 12:59 PM)Kane Wrote: I just came here to see all the whining and hand wringing over not signing Judon, Henry, and Shaq.

Get over it.
Didn't read past first paragraph. Your essentially whining about others whining.

Pot double dutching with kettle
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-16-2021, 12:07 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: At least there's someone who enjoyed it:

"I'm more encouraged by this staff after Monday than before it." -John Oesher talking about Baalke and Meyer-

We can only laugh about it at this point lol

such a dang shill.

Say what you will about Vic, but he wasn't afraid to say when things looked bleak.

(03-16-2021, 02:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 01:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not making anything up. There was a reason why we released him once and it wasn't due to salary cap issues.

And the reason had absolutely nothing to do with what you said.  You know he had 1,000 yard year the next year in Houston...right?  Then he averaged 4.4 yards in a backup role last year.

He doesn't work in Jacksonville. That's already been proven. Been there, done that. I doubt he makes it passed final cuts.

(03-16-2021, 02:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And the reason had absolutely nothing to do with what you said.  You know he had 1,000 yard year the next year in Houston...right?  Then he averaged 4.4 yards in a backup role last year.

He doesn't work in Jacksonville. That's already been proven. Been there, done that. I doubt he makes it passed final cuts.

So now you're changing your tune.  From one year with a bunch of piss poor attitudes and he's proven that.  I would bet he definitely makes it PAST the final cuts.

(03-16-2021, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Get over it.
+1
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Get over it.

Pretty much spot on.  The entertainment is somewhat amusing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-16-2021, 02:40 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Didn't read past first paragraph. Your essentially whining about others whining.

Pot double dutching with kettle

Delusional much?  Some of you act like the fans should be happy.  They have put garbage product on the field the last few years.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-16-2021, 02:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He doesn't work in Jacksonville. That's already been proven. Been there, done that. I doubt he makes it passed final cuts.

So now you're changing your tune.  From one year with a bunch of piss poor attitudes and he's proven that.  I would bet he definitely makes it PAST the final cuts.

No, I'm not. He has a bad attitude. He is not an "effort" guy. He's over 30 years old and he's not consistent. Right now, he doesn't even have anyone to compete with. We'll see who his competition is. If we even draft a semi-competent RB, he'll be gone. He's got nothing left unless he has clear lanes and even then, he's not a breakaway threat.

Let's close FA out with a bang and get Reddick

(03-16-2021, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let's close FA out with a bang and get Reddick

I'd want Reiff (if not Williams) over Reddick.

Hudson too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2021, 09:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:  He's got nothing left unless he has clear lanes and even then, he's not a breakaway threat.

You just keep looking at things through those rose colored glasses of yours.

You've been defending the guy all day. You must like him. Drink that Kool-Aid.

No need for the personal attacks. They'll just be removed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.