Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any positives for free agency?

I'm struggling right now to come up with any.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The lineman and safety will be better than what we had before. That's about it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

And the cornerback.

It's different than it was in the past, and in the past it has not lead to sustained success. So it's all positives. 3 out of the 5 teams that hold the record for most guaranteed money spent in a single free agency period did not make the playoffs the next year, the other two lost in the wild card round.

(03-16-2021, 01:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: And the cornerback.

Who?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Griffin

The additions of Jenkins and Shaq with CJ on the #1's should open up our future HOF safety to do his thang...

[Image: 20200916-170825-1484AndrewWingardIND091320.jpg]

Positives for free agency? Not so far.

(03-16-2021, 01:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Griffin

He's a starter, I guess this is an improvement over yesterday.

(03-16-2021, 01:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 01:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Griffin

He's a starter, I guess this is an improvement over yesterday.

Is he a good starter though? The Seahawks had the 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL last season.

(03-16-2021, 01:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: And the cornerback.

Not even A.J. Bouye like...more like B Dub (Brian Williams) for the juniors
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-16-2021, 01:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 01:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's a starter, I guess this is an improvement over yesterday.

Is he a good starter though? The Seahawks had the 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL last season.

I dunno man, he's a NFL caliber starter, that's all I know. So much of who is good and isn't is based on the guys around them, but Seattle let both their strarting CBs go this offseason. Is he better than Herndon? For that kind of money he better be.

(03-16-2021, 01:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 01:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's a starter, I guess this is an improvement over yesterday.

And you think that was all on him???
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Si predicted the signing

"Ex-Cal Star Tyson Alualu: Coming Off Best NFL Season, Now a Free Agent | Sports Illustrated Cal Bears News, Analysis and More" https://www-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/...free-agent

Bringing back Hyde and Alualu; ?.

With money to burn this organization has done little to improve. Jags may have the best Special Teams, that only leaves offense and defense to improve.

It’s no longer a mystery that great front offices are creative, aggressive, and smart. Hell, Jags keep offering more money and good players are passing. NE is crushing free agency; no surprise.

Will see if Jags make anymore “splash” signings. Pissed Henry got away....

(03-16-2021, 01:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The lineman and safety will be better than what we had before. That's about it.

Disagree.

The linemen we got were scheme fits, but none are dominators or difference makers.

Safeties are better than what he had in 2010 and what we had last year, but that's it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 01:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The lineman and safety will be better than what we had before. That's about it.

Disagree.

The linemen we got were scheme fits, but none are dominators or difference makers.

Safeties are better than what he had in 2010 and what we had last year, but that's it.

So better than what we had before.

(03-16-2021, 03:58 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 01:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Is he a good starter though? The Seahawks had the 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL last season.

And you think that was all on him???

No. I think they were bad all around. The Safeties did play surprisingly well though.

(03-16-2021, 10:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 03:58 PM)Dimson Wrote: And you think that was all on him???

No. I think they were bad all around. The Safeties did play surprisingly well though.

It's what you call no pass rush

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 10:30 PM by Upper.)

We have a pretty decent foundation now. Our OTs and TEs are awful, the rest of our depth charts are pretty mid tier across the board. We still need an infusion of blue chip players. Striking out on all of them this FA period really sucked.