Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Upgraded DB Position

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 04:12 PM by NH3.)

Within FA we've revamped/upgraded our DBs. We now have Shaquill Griffin, C.J Henderson, Sidney Jones and Tre Herndon amongst others.  I see Griffin as our #1, Henderson as our #2, Jones as our nickel and Herndon will play in the Dime packages. Baring health we literally have a Very Good defensive backfield and can now concentrate on the DL and LB positions within the 2021 NFL Draft.

Whom will be our #1, #2 and Nickel DB? Enquiring Minds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The dline as well

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 05:04 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-16-2021, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The dline as well

I don't know if we "upgraded" the D-Line as much as we stocked it with scheme fits.

None of those guys appear to be dominators.  Alualu benefitted from surrounding talent in Pittsburgh, and none of the other guys were starters.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2021, 04:10 PM)NH3 Wrote: Within FA we've revamped/upgraded our DBs. We now have Shaquill Griffin, C.J Henderson, Sidney Jones and Tre Herndon amongst others.  I see Griffin as our #1, Henderson as our #2, Jones as our nickel and Herndon will play in the Dime packages. Baring health we literally have a Very Good defensive backfield and can now concentrate on the DL and LB positions within the 2021 NFL Draft.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

So just Griffin?  Laughing everyone else out those was already here, they just re-signed.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

well not yet,don't they need to sign contracts tommorrew when free agengy really is here ,and then pass team phycials before offcialliily joining the team?   If it all works out gettiing the griffin brothers will lbe awsome.

I'm just saying lets not count players into our jungle until contracts are offcial,and phycials have been cleared.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-16-2021, 04:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I don't know if we "upgraded" the D-Line as much as we stocked it with scheme fits.

None of those guys appear to be dominators.  Akualu benefitted from surrounding talent in Pittsburgh, and none of the other guys were starters.

I Concur. Upgrades w/respect to the DL must include a Space Eater/Run Stopper and interior pass rusher. They'll come hopefully.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-16-2021, 04:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 04:10 PM)NH3 Wrote: Within FA we've revamped/upgraded our DBs. We now have Shaquill Griffin, C.J Henderson, Sidney Jones and Tre Herndon amongst others.

So just Griffin?  Laughing everyone else out those was already here, they just re-signed.

I thought the same thing.  Not sure this qualifies as a "revamp"

(03-16-2021, 04:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

None of those guys appear to be dominators.  Akualu benefitted from surrounding talent in Pittsburgh, and none of the other guys were starters.

You dont have to be a dominator to upgrade our dline.  Ward, Harris, and Alu will be upgrades.  All was graded the best NT in the league thus past year and best run defender

On behalf of all UCF grads, I welcome the Griffin twins back to Florida!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 05:07 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-16-2021, 05:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 04:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't know if we "upgraded" the D-Line as much as we stocked it with scheme fits.

You dont have to be a dominator to upgrade our dline.  Ward, Harris, and Alu will be upgrades.  All was graded the best NT in the league thus past year and best run defender

By who?

The same people who had Derek Cox ahead of Darelle Revis?

If Alualu were dominant, he would not have signed with us so cheaply.

(03-16-2021, 04:56 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 04:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't know if we "upgraded" the D-Line as much as we stocked it with scheme fits.

I Concur. Upgrades w/respect to the DL must include a Space Eater/Run Stopper and interior pass rusher. They'll come hopefully.

NH3...

Exactly.

(03-16-2021, 04:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 04:10 PM)NH3 Wrote: Within FA we've revamped/upgraded our DBs. We now have Shaquill Griffin, C.J Henderson, Sidney Jones and Tre Herndon amongst others.  I see Griffin as our #1, Henderson as our #2, Jones as our nickel and Herndon will play in the Dime packages. Baring health we literally have a Very Good defensive backfield and can now concentrate on the DL and LB positions within the 2021 NFL Draft.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yes, just Griffin. We now have our true #1 and #2 CB to which Jones (whom had more INTs and Pass Breakups than any other on our team in 2020) can play the nickel. This one acquisition truly upgrades the DB positions by far.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-16-2021, 05:21 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 04:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So just Griffin?  Laughing everyone else out those was already here, they just re-signed.

Yes, just Griffin. We now have our true #1 and #2 CB to which Jones (whom had more INTs and Pass Breakups than any other on our team in 2020) can play the nickel. This one acquisition truly upgrades the DB positions by far.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

What a revamp.

And no, we don't have a true #1.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-16-2021, 06:26 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 05:21 PM)NH3 Wrote: Yes, just Griffin. We now have our true #1 and #2 CB to which Jones (whom had more INTs and Pass Breakups than any other on our team in 2020) can play the nickel. This one acquisition truly upgrades the DB positions by far.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

What a revamp.

He sure played like a #1 in week 1 last year.

Too bad his play dropped off. 

The skepticism towards him in that role is understandable.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 06:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-16-2021, 05:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 05:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont have to be a dominator to upgrade our dline.  Ward, Harris, and Alu will be upgrades.  All was graded the best NT in the league thus past year and best run defender

By who?

The same people who had Derek Cox ahead of Darelle Revis?

If Alualu were dominant, he would not have signed with us so cheaply.

(03-16-2021, 04:56 PM)NH3 Wrote: I Concur. Upgrades w/respect to the DL must include a Space Eater/Run Stopper and interior pass rusher. They'll come hopefully.

NH3...

Exactly.

Because he's 34.  He is dominant against the run but his play has been getting better with age.  Did you watch every play from his last year?  What would you grade him against the run

https://youtu.be/ymTGrHClc7g

"Ex-Cal Star Tyson Alualu: Coming Off Best NFL Season, Now a Free Agent | Sports Illustrated Cal Bears News, Analysis and More" https://www-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/...free-agent

Meh, our secondary is still awfully suspect.

(03-16-2021, 06:26 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 05:21 PM)NH3 Wrote: Yes, just Griffin. We now have our true #1 and #2 CB to which Jones (whom had more INTs and Pass Breakups than any other on our team in 2020) can play the nickel. This one acquisition truly upgrades the DB positions by far.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

What a revamp.

Every team has an #1 DB, it's just a matter of how dominant that DB is. 

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-16-2021, 07:11 PM)Upper Wrote: Meh, our secondary is still awfully suspect.

That's what the draft is for

Give me a good ss like moerig in the draft and on paper if say our secondary went from our biggest weakness to a strength

(03-16-2021, 08:09 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Give me a good ss like moerig in the draft and on paper if say our secondary went from our biggest weakness to a strength

Moehrig could play both safety positions but he'd be our FS.  Jenkins cam play both safety spots.  I'm worried Moehrig won't be there when we pick.

(03-16-2021, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:09 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Give me a good ss like moerig in the draft and on paper if say our secondary went from our biggest weakness to a strength

Moehrig could play both safety positions but he'd be our FS.  Jenkins cam play both safety spots.  I'm worried Moehrig won't be there when we pick.

Idk safeties tend to fall on the draft... only
Other pick id want is a trade up
For pitts tbh.