Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Upgraded DB Position

I think im good with the secondary. I think i'd roll out who is remaining on the roster and not add CB/S - i would use those picks to select QB, TE, OL x2, WR, DL ... and BAP after that. I would see what that does to our unit but i would say the bulk of holes have been filled with a body - were just not sure of the effectiveness until gameday comes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2021, 08:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Moehrig could play both safety positions but he'd be our FS.  Jenkins cam play both safety spots.  I'm worried Moehrig won't be there when we pick.

Idk safeties tend to fall on the draft... only
Other pick id want is a trade up
For pitts tbh.

That is true, we could get lucky

(03-16-2021, 06:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:26 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: What a revamp.

And no, we don't have a true #1.

He sure played like a #1 in week 1 last year.

Too bad his play dropped off. 

The skepticism towards him in that role is understandable.

I don't think it's understandable, I think it's shortsighted. 

He was playing lights out the first quarter of the season (especially the first game where he was the MVP of the Defense) he was very VERY solid until that injury against the Bengals where he didn't return. I remember thinking that he wasn't the same after that, and it came out after the year that he tore his labrum on that play and played through it for a few more games. I think he steps up big this year and makes serious strides as one of our outside CB's
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(03-16-2021, 08:58 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He sure played like a #1 in week 1 last year.

He was playing lights out the first quarter of the season (especially the first game where he was the MVP of the Defense) he was very VERY solid until that injury against the Bengals where he didn't return. I remember thinking that he wasn't the same after that, and it came out after the year that he tore his labrum on that play and played through it for a few more games. I think he steps up big this year and makes serious strides as one of our outside CB's
I hope you're right about Henderson.

But right now, at least in my eyes, he's unproven as a #1. 

Hopefully he will stay healthy and nail down the position for years.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2021, 09:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:58 PM)Firesky Wrote: I don't think it's understandable, I think it's shortsighted. 

I hope you're right about Henderson.

Exactly how I feel. I think we now have an average CB group, as long as everyone stays healthy. That is the key. I still hate the Safeties though.

(03-16-2021, 09:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 09:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I hope you're right about Henderson.

Exactly how I feel. I think we now have an average CB group, as long as everyone stays healthy. That is the key. I still hate the Safeties though.

I'm not overly concerned about the safety positions because we can easily get help either later in the free agency period or in the draft.  Generating pass rush will also be important for the corners.

To be clear I'm not "down" on Henderson. 

I think he is largely still an unknown quantity.

He's a notch or so below Ramsey.  After the first year, there was no doubt that Ramsey was a CB 1.

But you can be below Ramsey and still be a good CB 1. 

But I don't know yet.

The sky is the limit for Sidney and CJ, they just have to stay healthy

(03-16-2021, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The sky is the limit for Sidney and CJ, they just have to stay healthy

Agreed.

I liked Sidney Jones at Washington, but in the NFL, he just couldn't stay healthy.

Fortunately that led him to us, and the injuries had not completely sapped his ability. 

His play last year was a pleasant bonus.  I'm eager to see how they utilize him in this defense and how effective he can be.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 09:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-16-2021, 09:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The sky is the limit for Sidney and CJ, they just have to stay healthy

Agreed.

I liked Sidney Jones at Washington, but in the NFL, he just couldn't stay healthy.

Fortunately that led him to us, and the injuries had not completely sapped his ability. 

His play last year was a pleasant bonus.  I'm eager to see how they utilize him in this defense and how effective he can be.

I liked him alot coming out too..  If Asante Samuel Jr is there at 45 i think he would be the perfect player to fill out our CB room and would be the perfect nickle corner. CB would then be a strength of this team imo

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 11:44 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-16-2021, 06:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He sure played like a #1 in week 1 last year.

LOL so 4 games and he is already a "true 1" might even be a HOFer I guess.

And no, he wasn't great (nor "very VERY solid") in those games, he was really good vs the Colts and average in the others.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/cj-henderson/55593

Yeah, no one can question this guy is gonna be an All Pro this season.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

One thing that FA has brought clarity to; we won't be drafting a CB in this draft
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-17-2021, 01:26 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: One thing that FA has brought clarity to; we won't be drafting a CB in this draft

I wouldn't say we won't, but if we do, it should be late day 3 of the draft. You can never have enough good corners and all 3 of our top guys were injured last season. Not to mention that Jones has NEVER played a full 16 game season without getting hurt.

(03-17-2021, 01:26 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: One thing that FA has brought clarity to; we won't be drafting a CB in this draft

so you are banking on Herndon Jones and Claybrooks?
We may not be overdrafting due to need, but if a good CB is there, not one of those three are going to scare me off the pick.

(03-17-2021, 10:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:

so you are banking on Herndon Jones and Claybrooks?
We may not be overdrafting due to need, but if a good CB is there, not one of those three are going to scare me off the pick.

Maybe fourth and beyond but I just don't see it unless the new staff doesn't like the Caldwell nickel picks from last year. I think you're forgetting the guy from Michigan State too!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

The Bucs just proved that drafting corners even when you think you don't need them is an extremely prudent thing to do. Henderson is not proven whatsoever, Griffin is proven solid average, and Sydney Jones is proven good but also proven oft injured. We should absolutely still be trying to fortify the position.

He played lights out that first game and his play dropped off quite a bit the next two games. He had 3 passes defended in that first game and from there on out, he never had more than 1 in a game. I hope he does take big steps this season, but I wasn't really a fan of his before we drafted him, so my expectations are not that high. I just hope he can be a solid player for us.

(03-17-2021, 11:37 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 10:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: so you are banking on Herndon Jones and Claybrooks?

Maybe fourth and beyond but I just don't see it unless the new staff doesn't like the Caldwell nickel picks from last year. I think you're forgetting the guy from Michigan State too!

Go blue, no idea who you're talking about. Wink

I think they raised the talent floor but thats it.
No Fun

I'd give a 2nd rounder for JC Jackson.

I don't see us drafting a CB within the first four rounds either. The acquisition of Griffin and the other CBs gaining their health forms one heck of a position of performance(s). If they can stay healthy, I have all the comfidence in the world that they'll perform on a top notch level to say the least.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"