Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags traded for Malcolm Brown

(03-17-2021, 02:28 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:12 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If I'm a betting man I'd say 5th with the possibility of it being a conditional 4th?

I doubt it, probably swapped 7ths, we saved the Saints 5m in cap by trading for him

I wanted to say sixth but we don't have one. Also the 5th I believe is the Ravens, so it's later in the round. I figure the Jags got bet up on this one...TBD
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-17-2021, 11:40 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 02:28 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: I doubt it, probably swapped 7ths, we saved the Saints 5m in cap by trading for him

I wanted to say sixth but we don't have one. Also the 5th I believe is the Ravens, so it's later in the round. I figure the Jags got bet up on this one...TBD

This will be an interesting one to watch as the details come out. Could be an indication of how well our management plays poker...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 11:56 AM by D6.)

(03-17-2021, 11:40 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 02:28 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: I doubt it, probably swapped 7ths, we saved the Saints 5m in cap by trading for him

It could be for a future draft pick, much like the even more recent Michael Brockers trade.
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status...59009?s=20

(03-17-2021, 11:35 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jason Laca foola says it's 1st overall.

Lol .... I'm having flash backs of Gene Smith moving up to get Derrick Cox in the 2nd round (Williams & Mary Univ. -- 2nd team all Colonial Athletic conference in FBS) when most releases had him going 6th, 7th, or undrafted.

IIRC we traded a future twoth for a current threeth to take him immediately before or after our actual darft pick. It was one of the more head-scratchingest moves of Gene's tenure, and that's saying something.

(03-17-2021, 12:27 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 11:35 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol .... I'm having flash backs of Gene Smith moving up to get Derrick Cox in the 2nd round (Williams & Mary Univ. -- 2nd team all Colonial Athletic conference in FBS) when most releases had him going 6th, 7th, or undrafted.

IIRC we traded a future twoth for a current threeth to take him immediately before or after our actual darft pick. It was one of the more head-scratchingest moves of Gene's tenure, and that's saying something.

Oh but did people on this board defend that move!

My goodness!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Traded for a 2021 7th round pick, but no clarification if it is our pick or the Titans 7th.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(03-18-2021, 07:26 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Traded for a 2021 7th round pick, but no clarification if it is our pick or the Titans 7th.

Quite a steal!

(03-17-2021, 12:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:27 PM)Mikey Wrote: IIRC we traded a future twoth for a current threeth to take him immediately before or after our actual darft pick. It was one of the more head-scratchingest moves of Gene's tenure, and that's saying something.

My goodness!

People defended the Anger pick too LOL
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-18-2021, 10:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 07:26 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Traded for a 2021 7th round pick, but no clarification if it is our pick or the Titans 7th.

Quite a steal!

Indeed, a great trade by the Jaguars. 

In addition to the play on the field Malcolm Brown brings to the Jags,  he's been on playoff teams all 6 seasons he's been in the NFL.  An underrated component of Brown's overall value as an NFL player.

(03-18-2021, 01:33 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 10:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Quite a steal!

Indeed, a great trade by the Jaguars. 

In addition to the play on the field Malcolm Brown brings to the Jags,  he's been on playoff teams all 6 seasons he's been in the NFL.  An underrated component of Brown's overall value as an NFL player.

I honestly thought it was gonna be a much higher pick. I was thinking as high as a 5th rounder. Luckily the Saints were up against the cap so badly, they practically gave him away.

(03-17-2021, 12:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:27 PM)Mikey Wrote: IIRC we traded a future twoth for a current threeth to take him immediately before or after our actual darft pick. It was one of the more head-scratchingest moves of Gene's tenure, and that's saying something.

My goodness!

Where is Alfie anyway.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 02:50 PM by D6.)

(03-18-2021, 11:33 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Oh but did people on this board defend that move!

My goodness!

People defended the Anger pick too LOL

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372...57248?s=20

Good timing with your reply.

(03-18-2021, 02:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 01:33 PM)D6 Wrote: Indeed, a great trade by the Jaguars. 

I honestly thought it was gonna be a much higher pick. I was thinking as high as a 5th rounder. Luckily the Saints were up against the cap so badly, they practically gave him away.

The Saints released 6 players this month for salary cap reasons that have already been signed by another team or very likely will be signed by another team. Malcolm Brown ended being the only player they traded as part of the process of getting under the NFL Salary Cap.  

With Malcolm Brown likely going to have plenty of interest if he hit the open market as a Salary Cap Casualty,  the Jaguars did a great job in being proactive in trading for Brown at a bargain basement trade compensation price..

(03-18-2021, 02:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Oh but did people on this board defend that move!

My goodness!

Where is Alfie anyway.

I think he was enrolled in some witless protection program.

I like it. Clearly Saints need to clear space. We need some big boys on that DL

I like that not only did we get him for cheap, but that we were able to extend him a year as well. And from his comments, he seems super excited to come here and build this team

He is a definite upgrade at one of the most important positions in a 3-4.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(03-18-2021, 02:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

My goodness!

Where is Alfie anyway.

Hanging out with The Mad Dog
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]