Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade interest in Minshew

(03-23-2021, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Keep him.  Let him compete with the rookie in training camp then start him and let the rookie sit and learn.

What is this 1985?  #1 picks rarely every sit.  I am hoping that Lawrence is an instant upgrade from Minshew.  If Minshew is starting over a healthy Lawrence, something went wrong.

(03-23-2021, 07:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: What is this 1985?  #1 picks rarely every sit.  I am hoping that Lawrence is an instant upgrade from Minshew.  If Minshew is starting over a healthy Lawrence, something went wrong.
And they don’t sit for Minshew hahaha

Minshew isn’t good so Trevor is better off learning while playing.

[Image: 694au6.gif]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2021, 06:24 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: What is this 1985?  #1 picks rarely every sit.  I am hoping that Lawrence is an instant upgrade from Minshew.  If Minshew is starting over a healthy Lawrence, something went wrong.

(03-23-2021, 07:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And they don’t sit for Minshew hahaha

I never knew reeling in a fish made a "whoosh" sound. But then again, I am not a good fisherperson.

(03-24-2021, 06:24 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:

(03-23-2021, 07:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And they don’t sit for Minshew hahaha

Hook, line...

AND sinker?

Best case, we sign a veteran and draft a late round guy. We keep all 4 thru camp. Place the late rounder on the taxi squad.  Whether it is good to begin with Lawrence cannot be determined now. If after camp and preseason it is determined he needs to study a few games from the sidelines before taking over the Vet and Minshew battle to begin the season.  Everyone is different and it is up to the Jags to make this determination. I know he made the jump from High School to College without any difficulty but this jump to the pros is larger.  We do not have the luxury of playing early on teams with lesser talent  (cupcakes) or a Clemson level team around him.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-24-2021, 11:17 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Best case, we sign a veteran and draft a late round guy. We keep all 4 thru camp. Place the late rounder on the taxi squad.  Whether it is good to begin with Lawrence cannot be determined now. If after camp and preseason it is determined he needs to study a few games from the sidelines before taking over the Vet and Minshew battle to begin the season.  Everyone is different and it is up to the Jags to make this determination. I know he made the jump from High School to College without any difficulty but this jump to the pros is larger.  We do not have the luxury of playing early on teams with lesser talent  (cupcakes) or a Clemson level team around him.
Assuming Trevor Lawrence is the 1st pick of the draft, and his non-throwing shoulder has healed, the Jags will begin the season with him under center, not on the sidelines.

(03-24-2021, 07:41 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 11:17 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Best case, we sign a veteran and draft a late round guy. We keep all 4 thru camp. Place the late rounder on the taxi squad.  Whether it is good to begin with Lawrence cannot be determined now. If after camp and preseason it is determined he needs to study a few games from the sidelines before taking over the Vet and Minshew battle to begin the season.  Everyone is different and it is up to the Jags to make this determination. I know he made the jump from High School to College without any difficulty but this jump to the pros is larger.  We do not have the luxury of playing early on teams with lesser talent  (cupcakes) or a Clemson level team around him.
Assuming Trevor Lawrence is the 1st pick of the draft, and his non-throwing shoulder has healed, the Jags will begin the season with him under center, not on the sidelines.

If he isn't ready to start the first game, they've chosen the wrong player at #1 overall.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If they are trading Minshew I hope it's not something stupid for like a 4th round pick or lower. As A backup he has more value than a lousy third day pick.

or

Maybe he saw that week 1 hit Nick Foles took and realized he still has those starting offensive tackles. Insurance policy?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

More news from the speculation mill.

https://www.sportsline.com/nfl/news/gard...ing-spots/
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

How does the signing of C.J. Beathard figure into the equation? I don't quite see him as a replacement for an Alex Smith-type veteran.