Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ouch! PFF with a very troubling stat for the Jaguars and Lawrence!

Over the past 2 years

Cam Robinson has given up the 2nd most pressures among starting tackles.

Jawan Taylor has given up the most in the league!

We are going to trust these guys with protecting our QB?

Scan to about 1:09 when they start talking about the Jaguars

https://youtu.be/0Xr2E0A1wbc
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cue the short bus...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

[Image: ShrillVacantAmoeba-max-1mb.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 11:24 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Good thing we franchised Robinson.

Also no TE for Lawrence lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-18-2021, 10:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Over the past 2 years

Cam Robinson has given up the 2nd most pressures among starting tackles.

Jawan Taylor has given up the most in the league!

We are going to trust these guys with protecting our QB?

Scan to about 1:09 when they start talking about the Jaguars

https://youtu.be/0Xr2E0A1wbc

Thanks. That was very informative. You can't argue the facts. Our OT's stink! I didn't know they had given up that many pressures.

The only ones who consider Cam and Taylor decent are teal glasses wearing homers. They absolutely stink. Funny thing is they were so bad when the HC was an offensive line guru. They need to be guards.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 05:54 AM by The Real Marty.)

Well, two things-

1) The new regime just got started, and Rome wasn't built in a day.  We still have the draft, and all those draft picks, and since we have done a pretty tremendous job shoring up the defense, that leaves a lot of draft picks to address our remaining needs.  

2) It's a lot easier to pass protect when you don't put yourself in obvious passing situations by falling behind in games, so shoring up the defense should help the pass protection a lot.  And, we had a pretty strong running attack last year, so combining that with a good defense will help the pass protection a lot.  Also, there are a lot of things a QB can do to protect himself such as not holding the ball too long.

(03-19-2021, 05:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well, two things-

1) The new regime just got started, and Rome wasn't built in a day.  We still have the draft, and all those draft picks, and since we have done a pretty tremendous job shoring up the defense, that leaves a lot of draft picks to address our remaining needs.  

2) It's a lot easier to pass protect when you don't put yourself in obvious passing situations by falling behind in games, so shoring up the defense should help the pass protection a lot.  And, we had a pretty strong running attack last year, so combining that with a good defense will help the pass protection a lot.  Also, there are a lot of things a QB can do to protect himself such as not holding the ball too long.
Exactly, on both points of view!!!

Also giving up pressures is far different than giving up sacks.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-19-2021, 05:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well, two things-

This is the more realistic view. It also helps clarify the reason we brought Carlos Hyde back; he’s a strong legged pile mover for critical short yardage gains. Robinson, Hyde and TL’s arm, head, and athleticism brings us out of the one dimensional offensive realm. Obtaining good TE talent will increase our leverage and force opposing defensive linebackers and secondaries to choose wisely.

Some of the hardcore homers are just laughable with their excuses. Again some of them defended gene smith so not surprised!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-19-2021, 07:21 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Some of the hardcore homers are just laughable with their excuses.  Again some of them defended gene smith so not surprised!

And some of us understand that no matter how much we whine and cry, it's not changing the situation.. so carry on, act like a [BLEEP] and give the rest of us a reason to keep laughing at you bed wetters.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Have to wonder though: how much of the sacks given up by Richardson/Taylor are due to hesitation/holding the ball too long by the QB and just bad technique and pressure from the DEs? Not saying Taylor and Richardson are the ANSWER at the ends....but get a QB back there who can read/react and get rid of the ball QUICKLY, it might make a world of difference. Minshew DID seem to run himself into a lot of sacks.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-19-2021, 07:21 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Some of the hardcore homers are just laughable with their excuses.  Again some of them defended gene smith so not surprised!

What's laughable is how 3 days into the new regime, the hardcore critics are already at it.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 08:31 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I haven't seen anyone on here say Cam and Taylor played good last year.  Did I miss something?  

2 years ago Cam tore his ACL and Taylor graded positive in both the run and passing game.  Taylor's biggest issue as a rookie was penalties.  Here is a good article on his rookie season.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/footb...kie-season

Was Taylor hurt last year why he regressed?  Not sure but this will likely be there last year under a new coach to see if the can improve, not many tackles in the league has the ceilings as Cam and Taylor and Under a new offense, coach, and QB I thing the best days are ahead of them.  I think some of it was effort. Warhop is here but Urban will be right there and I'm sure will switch some things up on what hole likes and don't like

Here is a article on Cams rookie year.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/jagu...s-expected

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 09:31 AM by TheDuke007.)

(03-19-2021, 08:08 AM)NCJag Wrote: Have to wonder though: how much of the sacks given up by Richardson/Taylor are due to hesitation/holding the ball too long by the QB and just bad technique and pressure from the DEs?  Not saying Taylor and Richardson are the ANSWER at the ends....but get a QB back there who can read/react and get rid of the ball QUICKLY, it might make a world of difference. Minshew DID seem to run himself into a lot of sacks.

I think it is a mixed bag.  Yes, he may have sometimes held the ball too long which resulted in sacks, but his mobility and ability to move around also bought a lot of time and also avoided a lot of sacks.  He also sometimes avoided sacks by scrambling for yardage.  I can't imagine if we had Byron Leftwich at quarterback last year.  We probably would have had 100 sacks and that's a conservative estimate.

It's true that a really good quarterback can maybe sometimes hide the deficiencies of poor offensive tackle play, but that's still a deficiency.  This also only goes so far.  Did you watch the Super Bowl?  Did the best quarterback in the league make his offensive line look good?

I also don't like the "obvious passing situation" argument.  It's not uncommon to find your team tied or down with less than 2 minutes less.  Those are going to be obvious passing situations.  You need tackles who don't completely fall apart in that situation.

(03-19-2021, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I haven't seen anyone on here say Cam and Taylor played good last year.  Did I miss something?  

I've seen people refer to him as "average" and even "slightly above average".  There's also a long list of people who think it was smart to apply the franchise tag to him or that there's no chance a 1st round rookie could beat him out.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 10:01 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Agreed. Urban said, they're good, so it must be so. If Urban told them we'd go 16-0 if they jumped from the top deck of TIAA Bank Field, they'd probably do it. They will use any excuse to cover the ineptitude of the font office. There is a difference between being a fan and being a homer. I hate homers. They can't think for themselves.

(03-19-2021, 09:28 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 08:08 AM)NCJag Wrote: Have to wonder though: how much of the sacks given up by Richardson/Taylor are due to hesitation/holding the ball too long by the QB and just bad technique and pressure from the DEs?  Not saying Taylor and Richardson are the ANSWER at the ends....but get a QB back there who can read/react and get rid of the ball QUICKLY, it might make a world of difference. Minshew DID seem to run himself into a lot of sacks.

I think it is a mixed bag.  Yes, he may have sometimes held the ball too long which resulted in sacks, but his mobility and ability to move around also bought a lot of time and also avoided a lot of sacks.  He also sometimes avoided sacks by scrambling for yardage.  I can't imagine if we had Byron Leftwich at quarterback last year.  We probably would have had 100 sacks and that's a conservative estimate.

It's true that a really good quarterback can maybe sometimes hide the deficiencies of poor offensive tackle play, but that's still a deficiency.  This also only goes so far.  Did you watch the Super Bowl?  Did the best quarterback in the league make his offensive line look good?

I also don't like the "obvious passing situation" argument.  It's not uncommon to find your team tied or down with less than 2 minutes less.  Those are going to be obvious passing situations.  You need tackles who don't completely fall apart in that situation.

(03-19-2021, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I haven't seen anyone on here say Cam and Taylor played good last year.  Did I miss something?  

I've seen people refer to him as "average" and even "slightly above average".  There's also a long list of people who think it was smart to apply the franchise tag to him or that there's no chance a 1st round rookie could beat him out.

Finally, someone gets it!

Did we even sign a single Offensive Lineman? I mean there were a few out there. We could've at least signed one of them. Relying on a rookie to upgrade one of the worst O-lines in the league seems like a poor decision.

I suppose we can take heart from the fact Manhertz will be helping these guys, not something either of them have had since being in JAX.

Welp, looks like he gonna get injured like Joe Burrow

(03-19-2021, 10:14 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Did we even sign a single Offensive Lineman?  I mean there were a few out there.  We could've at least signed one of them.  Relying on a rookie to upgrade one of the worst O-lines in the league seems like a poor decision.

I believe they have done well. The first issue the offense had is they played from behind ALL the time. Much of the year being down 2 scores at the end of the first quarter. This allowed defenses to pin their ears back and a lot of freedom. This defensive issue is being addressed. Also, last year teams found out pressure up the middle bothered Minshew. He would then not throw on time and begin to scramble, many times running himself into trouble. Remember some receivers saying they were open, many times they were if the ball had been throw on time. Not an indictment of our rookie QB, he was thrown into the deep end after Foltz got hurt. We had an average line last year that was always playing at a disadvantage.
A new broom always sweeps clean.