Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ouch! PFF with a very troubling stat for the Jaguars and Lawrence!

If people pay even a little attention to the Superbowl they saw a team that had an unstoppable offense look totally different because they lost their 2 star tackles to injury and had to play with lesser players. Yes, they had yards but they weren't able to do those things that made them special before. The Jags OL has been broken for some time and until it gets fixed, the Jags are going to mire in blah no matter who the QB, RB, WR or TE is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll trust Urban to get the best out of Cam and Jawaan
Both have enough attributes and potential to succeed

(03-19-2021, 11:33 AM)jagshype Wrote: I'll trust Urban to get the best out of Cam and Jawaan
Both have enough attributes and potential to succeed

And you base this on what? Because Meyer said it?

Both Robinson and Taylor are still young. There is time for them to develop. I have more faith in Taylor than Cam, assuming he gets coached better. But Cam is in a make it or brake it year, and I fully expect him to be better. If he doesn’t... we’ll be drafting a LT with the first pick next year.

Lawrence is obviously significantly better than any QB we had last year. He’s not going to hold the ball forever like Minshew. I think the whole line is going to look better just because of who is at QB

Based on our needs the picks that would improve us the most is OT at 25, OT at 33, and Jordan at 45 or 65.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 03:04 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(03-19-2021, 07:46 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 07:21 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Some of the hardcore homers are just laughable with their excuses.  Again some of them defended gene smith so not surprised!

And some of us understand that no matter how much we whine and cry, it's not changing the situation.. so carry on, act like a [BLEEP] and give the rest of us a reason to keep laughing at you bed wetters.

Excuse making toilet lickers. Khan could take a dump in a box and people like you would call it a good signing.

(03-19-2021, 09:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 07:21 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Some of the hardcore homers are just laughable with their excuses.  Again some of them defended gene smith so not surprised!

Agreed. Urban said, they're good, so it must be so. If Urban told them we'd go 16-0 if they jumped from the top deck of TIAA Bank Field, they'd probably do it. They will use any excuse to cover the ineptitude of the font office. There is a difference between being a fan and being a homer. I hate homers. They can't think for themselves.

(03-19-2021, 09:28 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I think it is a mixed bag.  Yes, he may have sometimes held the ball too long which resulted in sacks, but his mobility and ability to move around also bought a lot of time and also avoided a lot of sacks.  He also sometimes avoided sacks by scrambling for yardage.  I can't imagine if we had Byron Leftwich at quarterback last year.  We probably would have had 100 sacks and that's a conservative estimate.

It's true that a really good quarterback can maybe sometimes hide the deficiencies of poor offensive tackle play, but that's still a deficiency.  This also only goes so far.  Did you watch the Super Bowl?  Did the best quarterback in the league make his offensive line look good?

I also don't like the "obvious passing situation" argument.  It's not uncommon to find your team tied or down with less than 2 minutes less.  Those are going to be obvious passing situations.  You need tackles who don't completely fall apart in that situation.

I've seen people refer to him as "average" and even "slightly above average".  There's also a long list of people who think it was smart to apply the franchise tag to him or that there's no chance a 1st round rookie could beat him out.

Finally, someone gets it!
Preach. These blind Homer's buy any crap the front office brass sells.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-19-2021, 03:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 07:46 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: And some of us understand that no matter how much we whine and cry, it's not changing the situation.. so carry on, act like a [BLEEP] and give the rest of us a reason to keep laughing at you bed wetters.

Excuse making toilet lickers. Khan could take a dump in a box and people like you would call it a good signing.

(03-19-2021, 09:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Urban said, they're good, so it must be so. If Urban told them we'd go 16-0 if they jumped from the top deck of TIAA Bank Field, they'd probably do it. They will use any excuse to cover the ineptitude of the font office. There is a difference between being a fan and being a homer. I hate homers. They can't think for themselves.

Finally, someone gets it!
Preach. These blind Homer's buy any crap the front office brass sells.

lolololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fc3.thejournal.ie%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Minshew held on to the ball forever. People on this board posted clips of WRs and TEs running wide open so we can hope that TL sees his open WRs and gets them the ball or even throw it away if nobody gets open..

(03-19-2021, 03:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Minshew held on to the ball forever. People on this board posted clips of WRs and TEs running wide open so we can hope that TL sees his open WRs and gets them the ball or even throw it away if nobody gets open..

Yup.... 

Go read the sack break downs done by BCC. The OL isn't great but it is a far cry from what some of these posters seem to believe.
Minshew was the reason for about half of the sacks. Luton was sacked far less when he was in and I think during Glennon's little stretch we only gave up 1 or 2.

Better QB play will make the OL look so much better.

The bedwetting is hilarious lolol

Let's put a QB in there that doesn't like to sack himself..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-19-2021, 03:33 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 03:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Minshew held on to the ball forever. People on this board posted clips of WRs and TEs running wide open so we can hope that TL sees his open WRs and gets them the ball or even throw it away if nobody gets open..

Yup.... 

Go read the sack break downs done by BCC. The OL isn't great but it is a far cry from what some of these posters seem to believe.
Minshew was the reason for about half of the sacks. Luton was sacked far less when he was in and I think during Glennon's little stretch we only gave up 1 or 2.

I think it's less about sacks and more about pressures (getting beat) which the Jaguars were worst in.

(03-19-2021, 03:33 PM)Kane Wrote:

Yup.... 

That's all I need to see. They aren't even average. At best, they are slightly below average and they need to be upgraded. They will be protecting our franchise QB that we've prayed for, for 20 years. Let's at least get him some average OT's. That's not much to ask.

(03-19-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: Based on our needs the picks that would improve us the most is OT at 25, OT at 33, and Jordan at 45 or 65.

If we're not going to move up to get one of the top 2 or 3 tackles, there is no need to bother.  From the bit I've read, after that are guys that are going to take a minute or two to develop.  You're not better off for 2021 than who we have already.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-19-2021, 05:08 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: Based on our needs the picks that would improve us the most is OT at 25, OT at 33, and Jordan at 45 or 65.

If we're not going to move up to get one of the top 2 or 3 tackles, there is no need to bother.  From the bit I've read, after that are guys that are going to take a minute or two to develop.  You're not better off for 2021 than who we have already.

We're replacing the two worst tackles in the league, they can't be any worse learning on the job. Something like Cosmi or Jenkins at 25 and Radunz or Eichenberg or Mayfield at 33 would be instant upgrades even though there would obviously be some growing pains with them too.

Brady Christensen is the tackle everyone is sleeping on

(03-19-2021, 06:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brady Christensen is the tackle everyone is sleeping on

He plays like he is sleepwalking he is so stiff.

(03-19-2021, 09:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 06:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brady Christensen is the tackle everyone is sleeping on

He plays like he is sleepwalking he is so stiff.

He's gonna be one of the steals of the draft

I remember in Fisher formerly of KC was classified as a bust and terrible.

I’d take a look at Fisher if his injury clears up