Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ouch! PFF with a very troubling stat for the Jaguars and Lawrence!

Slater is going to be a stud I wish we could move up for him. Protecting the blindside for a decade. I think he’s going to be better than Sewell

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2021, 08:29 PM by TheDuke007.)

(03-19-2021, 10:14 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Did we even sign a single Offensive Lineman?  I mean there were a few out there.  We could've at least signed one of them.  Relying on a rookie to upgrade one of the worst O-lines in the league seems like a poor decision.

Prior to free agency, they re-signed Tyler Shatley and put the franchise tag on Cam Robinson, but they were existing players.  No, they didn't sign a single offensive lineman from another team.  At this point, it seems likely that they will go into next season with the exact same offensive line -- starting and backup.  The best we can realistically hope for would be a draft pick or two and even that is iffy.

(03-19-2021, 10:33 AM)JagSwag Wrote: I suppose we can take heart from the fact Manhertz will be helping these guys, not something either of them have had since being in JAX.

One interesting thing about Manhertz that I didn't realize is that he played 49% of the offensive plays last year for Carolina.  I assumed he was a minor role player.  Carolina used a lot of two tight end sets to keep him on the field.

(03-19-2021, 11:33 AM)jagshype Wrote: I'll trust Urban to get the best out of Cam and Jawaan
Both have enough attributes and potential to succeed

In the case of Cam, he has been in the league 4 years and has 50 regular/post season starts.  Why do you think it is going to change now?  Coaching?  He has the same offensive line coach that he has had the last two years.

(03-19-2021, 03:57 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 03:33 PM)Kane Wrote: Yup.... 

Go read the sack break downs done by BCC. The OL isn't great but it is a far cry from what some of these posters seem to believe.
Minshew was the reason for about half of the sacks. Luton was sacked far less when he was in and I think during Glennon's little stretch we only gave up 1 or 2.

Better QB play will make the OL look so much better.

I think it's less about sacks and more about pressures (getting beat) which the Jaguars were worst in.

I agree.  It's not all about sacks.  When it comes to the offensive line, I go less on stats and I just watch them play.  If an offensive tackle acts like a turnstile, but the quarterback is quick enough to throw the ball away, does that excuse the poor play of the tackle?