Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN: Meyer not prepared basic functions of the NFL according to SeldomRite

(12-01-2021, 11:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The gals on the radio had an interesting thought last night, one said she thought Urbz was just brought here to be the figurehead and it was with the understanding that he wouldn't be doing much coaching at all. Instead they hired several guys with HC experience to run the show while Urban plays golf and conducts press conferences. It kind of explains why he doesn't know anything about game planning, roster management, the actual name of the team they are playing each week, and that his QB actually knows how to run a QB sneak. He's just here to keep the team in the news, not to actually do anything with the on-field product. Conspiracy Theory-like, but close enough to an explanation of the [BLEEP] show we see every day to make you wonder a bit.

I can't imagine Shad doing anything that stupid but I have to admit it certainly seems to fit the profile. Where there's smoke...
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2021, 03:22 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 11:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The gals on the radio had an interesting thought last night, one said she thought Urbz was just brought here to be the figurehead and it was with the understanding that he wouldn't be doing much coaching at all. Instead they hired several guys with HC experience to run the show while Urban plays golf and conducts press conferences. It kind of explains why he doesn't know anything about game planning, roster management, the actual name of the team they are playing each week, and that his QB actually knows how to run a QB sneak. He's just here to keep the team in the news, not to actually do anything with the on-field product. Conspiracy Theory-like, but close enough to an explanation of the [BLEEP] show we see every day to make you wonder a bit.

If this is even approaching the truth, Khan is dumber with his money than any of us ever thought. 12 mill a year on a marketing tool? Not to mention the disbelief required to assume a coordinator is gonna be fine making a lot less to be doing the HC work with none of the accolades if things go great.

I disagree.  I think most coordinators would prefer to be in a situation where they had full control versus being micro-managed by a head coach.  They still get credit if their side (offense/defense) does well and as someone else said, can be a great opportunity to getting an NFL head coaching job.

Could Mike Tomlin be available in the offseason?

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 06:04 PM by Jag88.)

So much disrespect in this thread. You would think this is a board for a team that has been winning for years. Just be appreciative that things will slowly improve if we are lucky. I like Kahn and meyer together. I see the jags splurging this off season. I can feel it coming in the air. Year 2 needs to be the come up.

(12-01-2021, 06:03 PM)Jag88 Wrote: So much disrespect in this thread. You would think this is a board for a team that has been winning for years. Just be appreciative that things will slowly improve if we are lucky. I like Kahn and meyer together. I see the jags splurging this off season. I can feel it coming in the air. Year 2 needs to be the come up.
Disrespect? Hahahah cute.

It’s literally just calling it like we see it.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 07:35 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-01-2021, 06:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 06:03 PM)Jag88 Wrote: So much disrespect in this thread. You would think this is a board for a team that has been winning for years. Just be appreciative that things will slowly improve if we are lucky. I like Kahn and meyer together. I see the jags splurging this off season. I can feel it coming in the air. Year 2 needs to be the come up.
Disrespect? Hahahah cute.

Respect is earned. This team has done nothing to earn our respect.

Jag88 would be perfectly satisfied if we never won another game. He'll just keep wishing and hoping and rooting for a team that makes bad moves year after year, after year, after decade after decade. For those of use who have been around since the beginning, we're sick of losing and never improving. We finally land a franchise QB and he's being completely wasted by coaches that don't have a clue what they are doing.

(12-01-2021, 07:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 06:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Disrespect? Hahahah cute.

Jag88 would be perfectly satisfied if we never won another game. He'll just keep wishing and hoping and rooting for a team that makes bad moves year after year, after year, after decade after decade. For those of use who have been around since the beginning, we're sick of losing and never improving. We finally land a franchise QB and he's being completely wasted by coaches that don't have a clue what they are doing.

Year 1 of the franchise you could tell the team was prepared and a plan was in place. What do we have here in the past?

We had one good season but nothing to show we were building to anything competitive. This is a very incompetent franchise.

What really bothers me is every time there is something to be excited about they sabotage it.

Finally have a wide receiver in Robinson and couldn't resign him.

Finally build a defense and can't retain any of them.

Minshew magic wasn't sustainable but they benched him in the middle of the hype.

This franchise hates its fans.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 08:03 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-01-2021, 07:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 06:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Disrespect? Hahahah cute.

I hate losing. Up until I knew the jags were out of the play off hunt (super early again) every loss makes me upset for a couple of days. However, I'm not going to judge this regime based on what has happened for years before this season. I'm as or more frustrated than anyone. My friends make fun of me for staying loyal.  I wear my jags beanie and have a jags sticker on my truck. I have my jags blanket and numerous other team related items. Haha
I go to the bar when they wont show the game even though the team is out of the playoffs. I remain optimistic because t-law hates to lose. Coach meyer does not like losing. However, A lot of players on this team think losing is normal. It takes time to change that mentality.

(12-01-2021, 08:00 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 07:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Respect is earned. This team has done nothing to earn our respect.

I hate losing. Up until I knew the jags were out of the play off hunt (super early again) every loss makes me upset for a couple of days. However, I'm not going to judge this regime based on what has happened for years before this season. I'm as or more frustrated than anyone. My friends make fun of me for staying loyal.  I wear my jags beanie and have a jags sticker on my truck. I have my jags blanket and numerous other team related items. Haha
I go to the bar when they wont show the game even though the team is out of the playoffs. I remain optimistic because t-law hates to lose. Coach meyer does not like losing. However, A lot of players on this team think losing is normal. It takes time to change that mentality.
Buddy. You are literally no different than any other poster on this board. Everyone here is loyal.

Just because we voice our valid concerns, it doesn’t make us any less loyal or less of a fan.

You’re choosing to have blind faith in Urban and you will most likely be proven wrong.

(12-01-2021, 08:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 08:00 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I hate losing. Up until I knew the jags were out of the play off hunt (super early again) every loss makes me upset for a couple of days. However, I'm not going to judge this regime based on what has happened for years before this season. I'm as or more frustrated than anyone. My friends make fun of me for staying loyal.  I wear my jags beanie and have a jags sticker on my truck. I have my jags blanket and numerous other team related items. Haha
Buddy. You are literally no different than any other poster on this board. Everyone here is loyal.

Just because we voice our valid concerns, it doesn’t make us any less loyal or less of a fan.

You’re choosing to have blind faith in Urban and you will most likely be proven wrong.

--signed, victims of blind faith in everyone leading up to Urbz

In this order:

1) Hated the signing when it happened

2) OK, let's give him a chance

3) I was right abut #1

I'm one to shoot for some consistency and not go through rotating head coaches as it's very rarely successful.  Not this time...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Are you really going to fall on that sword?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Are you kidding me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don’t think that this franchise hates the fans, but it seems like they go out of the way to make it look like the fans aren’t the ones dictating personnel decisions

Time to play a lil reverse psychology

Lets have a protest outside the stadium and campaign for Carlos Hyde to start and get more playing time. i bet all of a sudden James Robinson gets 30 carries/game

(12-05-2021, 01:56 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I don’t think that this franchise hates the fans, but it seems like they go out of the way to make it look like the fans aren’t the ones dictating personnel decisions

Time to play a lil reverse psychology

Lets have a protest outside the stadium and campaign for Carlos Hyde to start and get more playing time. i bet all of a sudden James Robinson gets 30 carries/game

Keep Urban Meyer!

Keep Urban Meyer!

Keep Urban Meyer!

Keep Urban Meyer!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 04:27 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Austen Lane brought up a very valid point. This locker room was supposed to rally around Meyer’s premise of “Own it”. Yet when questioned about poor team performance, he pawns it off onto another coach. Not good.

Brent Martineau excoriating Meyer over the mishandling of James Robinson.

Urbs gettin’ da business on 690 right now.

(12-06-2021, 04:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Austen Lane brought up a very valid point. This locker room was supposed to rally around Meyer’s premise of “Own it”. Yet when questioned about poor team performance, he pawns it off onto another coach. Not good.

Brent Martineau excoriating Meyer over the mishandling of James Robinson.

Everyone except for Urban owns it, that's what he means when he says own it, "you own this, it's got nothing to do with me!"

I've lost faith in this coach, and he is ruining our brand new QB...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Right from the start Urban didn't get it, which says awful things about Khan that he thought putting him in charge was a good idea... Not just coach, but personnel calls, too. I've frequently noted some people seem to think putting someone in charge that doesn't have any experience is a good idea, even at the highest levels of power.

Hopefully Khan is ready to grow up and accept that experience and expertise do really matter in all things, and having success at something unrelated isn't an indicator for success at anything else.