Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where do we go in the first round/draft plan?

Kinda null premise when the very first sentence of the post was a lie.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2021, 10:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Kinda null premise when the very first sentence of the post was a lie.

The first sentence was an opinion, therefore you can't know if it was a lie.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Draft BAP, get as many great athletes we can in this draft. There is zero reason to reach and draft for need. This team is not a player or two from a Super Bowl. Don’t be so short sighted and play the long game. If we have a crappy te this year do be it, everywhere else we are at least serviceable. If the online struggles, then changed the offense so Trevor doesn’t take any big hits. If we hit big on a bunch of these picks it could set us up for a decade of dominance.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(03-21-2021, 10:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 10:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Kinda null premise when the very first sentence of the post was a lie.

The first sentence was an opinion, therefore you can't know if it was a lie.

Yeah, definitely my opinion. I would have loved Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, Curtis Samuel, or a big splash but I thought this was a very solid period that will only look like a gem when you see it next to our draft class. We found starters in Griffin and Jenkins, resigned our contributors like Smoot and Jones, complementary pieces like Marvin Jones and Roy Robertson-Harris, and found depth with Alualu and Ward. I like it. I thought it was great. Campbell and Bouye type class is hard to find. Time will tell.

(03-21-2021, 11:00 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Draft BAP, get as many great athletes we can in this draft. There is zero reason to reach and draft for need. This team is not a player or two from a Super Bowl. Don’t be so short sighted and play the long game. If we have a crappy te this year do be it, everywhere else we are at least serviceable. If the online struggles, then changed the offense so Trevor doesn’t take any big hits. If we hit big on a bunch of these picks it could set us up for a decade of dominance.

Yeah, because that's so easy...........

[Image: Epic_Facepalm_5452.png]

While no signing was a homerun, I think the biggest takeaway is the entire premise of this thread - we've patched enough where the idea of what do we do at 25 is anybody's guess. Duke did a great job a poring through the individual spots to say whether any are possible, and honestly, I can say that very few options would surprise me.

FA helped us avoid desperation at most spots (most, OLM, most) so that when our second pick comes around, we really do have options. We can draft for value; we can jump in if there's a run on a position like OT or edge rushers. Or, if we are in love with one particular player, we can do something like take a TE, S, or LB.

I am still a huge proponent of getting big guys early, so if I had to make the call, I'd favor taking one of the top tackles. We've got Cam on a 1-year tag for now, that buys us time to develop a young tackle and prepare them to take over next season. There are very few picks at 25 that I would consider a disaster.

I'd like to see it in this order..

Trevor
OL
TE

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-22-2021, 10:01 AM)Mikey Wrote: While no signing was a homerun, I think the biggest takeaway is the entire premise of this thread - we've patched enough where the idea of what do we do at 25 is anybody's guess.

I think the inverse is the biggest takeaway, we failed to land anyone good enough that we shouldn't consider drafting someone to be their replacement right away or in short order.

We need a safety !

I'd like:

1a- Lawrence
1b - Moehrig
2a- Best available OT
2b - Best available TE or lineman

(03-21-2021, 05:15 AM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Black And Teal, I am not sure where i stand on the TE now. It’s a real need. I think our back office may have really missed in FA. Letting Smith and Henry slip from our grasp. But I am not sure Freiermuth has value at 33 which is where we will have to take him to prevent him going before 45.

O-Line, OT is by far our biggest need after QB. Really listening to interviews with Meyer, Baalke and other staff I don’t think the office view this as such a need - I highly disagree. I don’t think this is some tactic either to discourage other teams about our plans. There is always that trade off between hiding plans and keeping current players happy, they have swayed to much towards the latter that picking OL will create a bad atmosphere in that room which is exactly what Meyer doesn’t want.

I'm with you on both of these.  I'd rather miss drafting the premier safety at 25 and get the best OT available by packaging picks if need be to move up.  Picks 25, 33, and 45 need to bring us an OT and a TE.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

how about we find us a right guard? then after that a couple of play makers on the defense

(03-25-2021, 06:00 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 05:15 AM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Black And Teal, I am not sure where i stand on the TE now. It’s a real need. I think our back office may have really missed in FA. Letting Smith and Henry slip from our grasp. But I am not sure Freiermuth has value at 33 which is where we will have to take him to prevent him going before 45.

O-Line, OT is by far our biggest need after QB. Really listening to interviews with Meyer, Baalke and other staff I don’t think the office view this as such a need - I highly disagree. I don’t think this is some tactic either to discourage other teams about our plans. There is always that trade off between hiding plans and keeping current players happy, they have swayed to much towards the latter that picking OL will create a bad atmosphere in that room which is exactly what Meyer doesn’t want.

I'm with you on both of these.  I'd rather miss drafting the premier safety at 25 and get the best OT available by packaging picks if need be to move up.  Picks 25, 33, and 45 need to bring us an OT and a TE.

Even if we get the third, fourth, fifth best OT on the board, it's unrealistic that they will beat out Cam as the starter in 2021.  So chances are that TL is still a punching bag this year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(03-25-2021, 06:35 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 06:00 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I'm with you on both of these.  I'd rather miss drafting the premier safety at 25 and get the best OT available by packaging picks if need be to move up.  Picks 25, 33, and 45 need to bring us an OT and a TE.

Even if we get the third, fourth, fifth best OT on the board, it's unrealistic that they will beat out Cam as the starter in 2021.  So chances are that TL is still a punching bag this year.

The darft is more about 2022 and beyond. The third best OT better be good enough to at least unseat Taylor. That already improves the line. By year two, yeah, they should be able to make Cam expendable. Or, flip it, and put Cam on the right, rook on the left, and next year we keep on building and improving the line.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but you have to start acquiring materials at some point.

OK, wasn't sure where to put this so this seemed to be as good a place as any.  Didn't want to start a new thread as it's just throwing poo at the wall.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...-packages/
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Idk, for some reason I have this gut feeling that we'll draft Trevor Lawrence in the first round

(03-25-2021, 08:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote: OK, wasn't sure where to put this so this seemed to be as good a place as any.  Didn't want to start a new thread as it's just throwing poo at the wall.

Gotta build up some kind of intrigue I guess lol

(03-25-2021, 09:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 08:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote: OK, wasn't sure where to put this so this seemed to be as good a place as any.  Didn't want to start a new thread as it's just throwing poo at the wall.

Gotta build up some kind of intrigue I guess lol

On that note, I saw this posted last night:

[Image: 164647300-10225547164447156-2517939480015823454-o.jpg]

Still would rather have Lawrence over that. Those picks are good, but without a QB it doesn't matter. And Fields isn't it IMO

The only trade I would take?

NYJ - 2 firsts this year and next, and pick 34. Even then, that might be underselling.

The only, only way you even consider this deal is if you grade any of the other QB at the same level as Trevor. If they do that, though, I don't know if any of the extra picks are going to be worthwhile, as I think we have a systemic issue with our evaluations.

The amount of time and effort spent by other teams and the media trying to get TL away from Jacksonville is amusing. The media believes they should tell teams what they should do, who they should draft, etc. A nice way to make a living with little accountability. The pressure will only increase as the draft draws closer. We have had GM's in the past who in order to appear to be the smartest person in the room would listen to these people and allow themselves to be influenced. Our current groups appears so far to be ignoring them and actually executing a plan. Lets hope they continue as I would really hate to be watching #16 win a Super Bowl on another team.
A new broom always sweeps clean.