Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where do we go in the first round/draft plan?

(04-08-2021, 03:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some on here want Rondale Moore and JOK, would likely be the 2 smallest players in the league at their positions.  I know those guys are fast but I don't want a team that will get bullied.  If we drafted one of those guys in the 3rd or 4th I'd be good but not so early with the talent that will be available

I also think sometimes people forget the RBs we have in this division.

Don't you want/like Elijah Moore? He's only 5'9 178.. Rondale is 5'7 180. Rondale is also more explosive, faster and stronger than Elijah is. So if you think Rondale is gonna get bullied in the NFL, you must also think Elijah is going to get bullied. 

Also what about Smith? He admitted he only weighs 170, and that's probably being generous considering he refused to weigh in at Bama's pro day. No where near as fast as either of the Moores and lighter than them, so he'll probably be bullied even harder right?
Can you tell me what great WRs have there ever been at 5'7"?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 04:15 PM by Eric1.)

(04-08-2021, 04:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 03:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Don't you want/like Elijah Moore? He's only 5'9 178.. Rondale is 5'7 180. Rondale is also more explosive, faster and stronger than Elijah is. So if you think Rondale is gonna get bullied in the NFL, you must also think Elijah is going to get bullied. 

Also what about Smith? He admitted he only weighs 170, and that's probably being generous considering he refused to weigh in at Bama's pro day. No where near as fast as either of the Moores and lighter than them, so he'll probably be bullied even harder right?
Different playing styles, yiu should go watch them all play.  I'd like Rondale just not so early.  He is a gadget player that has had a problem staying healthy.  The same people want JOK as well, he'd be a guy without a position in a 3-4.  Good players but no thank you.  Rondale and JOK will be 2 of the smallest at their positions

I have watched them play...

The injury history is definitely a question with Rondale, but that's about it.

If you try sticking JOK as an ILB in a base 3-4 sure, but since the league has turned into a 60-70%+ nickel defense league, you'd put him as the big nickel safety and he'd fit just fine.

(04-08-2021, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 03:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Don't you want/like Elijah Moore? He's only 5'9 178.. Rondale is 5'7 180. Rondale is also more explosive, faster and stronger than Elijah is. So if you think Rondale is gonna get bullied in the NFL, you must also think Elijah is going to get bullied. 

You can say the same thing for guys that are 5'9, or that weigh less than 170 pounds, but that isn't going to stop somebody from drafting Smith in the 1st round or Elijah in the 2nd/3rd round now is it?

Changed my mind on Eitienne. I'd like to get Treven Moehrig at Safety. We need a good safety, and he's the best player at his position.

(04-08-2021, 04:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Changed my mind on Eitienne. I'd like to get Treven Moehrig at Safety.   We need a good safety, and he's the best player at his position.

I think at this point my hopes are probably 

Moehrig
Collins
Jenkins
Mayfield
Barmore

barring a miracle like Pitts sliding out of the top ten and us trading up I hope we land one of those 4 guys at 25 in that order, I think.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 04:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-08-2021, 04:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 04:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Different playing styles, yiu should go watch them all play.  I'd like Rondale just not so early.  He is a gadget player that has had a problem staying healthy.  The same people want JOK as well, he'd be a guy without a position in a 3-4.  Good players but no thank you.  Rondale and JOK will be 2 of the smallest at their positions

I have watched them play...

If you try sticking JOK as an ILB in a base 3-4 sure, but since the league has turned into a 60-70%+ nickel defense league, you'd put him as the big nickel safety and he'd fit just fine.

(04-08-2021, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Can you tell me what great WRs have there ever been at 5'7"?

You can say the same thing for guys that are 5'9, or that weigh less than 170 pounds, but that isn't going to stop somebody from drafting Smith in the 1st round or Elijah in the 2nd/3rd round now is it?

Would JOK be just fine at safety?  If I want to draft a guy that early to play safety I want a safety, a guy like Moehrig.  Great WRs 5'9?  Steve Smith and Wes Welker to name a few, Antonio Brown is 5'10 and a lot of similarities between the 2.

(04-08-2021, 04:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 04:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Changed my mind on Eitienne. I'd like to get Treven Moehrig at Safety.   We need a good safety, and he's the best player at his position.

I think at this point my hopes are probably 

Moehrig
Collins
Jenkins
Mayfield
Barmore

barring a miracle like Pitts sliding out of the top ten and us trading up I hope we land one of those 4 guys at 25 in that order, I think.
Moehrig 
Collins 
Jenkins
Barmore

Are my top guys as well, if we could get 2 of those 4 at 25 and 33 would be great.  I'd even trade up from 45 if we could add another from that group

(04-08-2021, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If you think Rondale Moore gets bullied, then you haven't seen him play.

Lmao, or JOK. That dude lays the wood.

(04-08-2021, 04:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 04:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I have watched them play...

Would JOK be just fine at safety?  If I want to draft a guy that early to play safety I want a safety, a guy like Moehrig.  Great WRs 5'9?  Steve Smith and Wes Welker to name a few, Antonio Brown is 5'10 and a lot of similarities between the 2.

(04-08-2021, 04:32 PM)Kane Wrote: I think at this point my hopes are probably 

Moehrig
Collins
Jenkins
Mayfield
Barmore

Moehrig 
Collins 
Jenkins
Barmore

Are my top guys as well, if we could get 2 of those 4 at 25 and 33 would be great.  I'd even trade up from 45 if we could add another from that group

I'm hoping we can get one of these guys at #25....

Teven Jenkins
Zaven Collins
Liam Eichenberg
Terrance Marshall

But if Caleb Farley somehow slides to #25, I'd be tempted to take him as well.

At #33 I'd look at.......

Spencer Brown 
Greg Newsome
Jamin Davis
Eric Stokes
Jabril Cox
Joseph Ossai

At #45......

Ronnie Perkins
Landon Dickerson
Quinn Meinerz
Monty Rice
Dyami Brown
Dylan Radunz

At #64....

Jamar Johnson
Caden Sterns
Hunter Long
Brevin Jordan 
Chris Rumph
Kelvin Joseph

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 06:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-08-2021, 04:54 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If you think Rondale Moore gets bullied, then you haven't seen him play.

Lmao, or JOK. That dude lays the wood.

Dude is good, but I think its highly unlikely he ends up as good as Telvin Smith. Hes laying the wood on college kids, a huge difference lol

(04-07-2021, 09:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: We don't need a tailback in the first round.  We already have robinson and decent backups can be found in later rounds.  I am all in on offensive tackle in round  one at 25  if available.

Totally agree. And then I’d grab another in round 2 if available. The value would have to be in the ballpark. Get Trevor his bookends.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-08-2021, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

And there was a time when teams didn’t select QBs who were 6ft1 or shorter..... 

You’re point means nothing.

Moore wasn’t bullied in college and he most likely won’t be bullied in the NFL. He’s an explosive athlete. If your measuring stick is “well he only did it against college players” then that literally applies to every single draft pick lol

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 06:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-08-2021, 06:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Can you tell me what great WRs have there ever been at 5'7"?
And there was a time when teams didn’t select QBs who were 6ft1 or shorter..... 

Moore wasn’t bullied in college and he most likely won’t be bullied in the NFL. He’s an explosive athlete. If your measuring stick is “well he only did it against college players” then that literally applies to every single draft pick lol

So you are saying he is going to change the game? He's definitely an explosive athlete but he is 5'7" and a history of injuries. Do you think he can be one of the best WR's in the league. If im taking a WR in the first 2 rounds I want a guy who i feel can be one of the best in the game, not a gadget player.

(04-08-2021, 06:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And there was a time when teams didn’t select QBs who were 6ft1 or shorter..... 

So you are saying he is going to change the game?
If that’s what you took from my statement, sure.

The point was that people overlooked talented QBs because of their height. You seem to be doing the same thing with Moore. Kid can ball and those 2 inches you keep clamoring over won’t make the difference in him being good or not.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 06:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-08-2021, 06:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you are saying he is going to change the game?
If that’s what you took from my statement, sure.

The point was that people overlooked talented QBs because of their height. You seem to be doing the same thing with Moore. Kid can ball and those 2 inches you keep clamoring over won’t make the difference in him being good or not.

If the 2 inches doesnt matter why has there never been a good 5'7" WR in the league?

I think both players will be good but will they be the best player we can get at those spots? Thats what matters. Their size is a huge question mark imo with our early picks and who will be available

(04-08-2021, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If that’s what you took from my statement, sure.

If the 2 inches doesnt matter
[Image: thats-what-she-said.jpg?w=286&h=215]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-08-2021, 06:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the 2 inches doesnt matter
[Image: thats-what-she-said.jpg?w=286&h=215]

2 inches always matters lol

(04-08-2021, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If that’s what you took from my statement, sure.

If the 2 inches doesnt matter why has there never been a good 5'7" WR in the league?

I think both players will be good but will they be the best player we can get at those spots?  Thats what matters.  Their size is a huge question mark imo with our early picks and who will be available

Tyreek Hill is 5'8 and he's pretty good I'd say.. If he was 1 inch shorter do you really think that'd change his game?

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 07:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-08-2021, 07:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the 2 inches doesnt matter why has there never been a good 5'7" WR in the league?

I think both players will be good but will they be the best player we can get at those spots?  Thats what matters.  Their size is a huge question mark imo with our early picks and who will be available

Tyreek Hill is 5'8 and he's pretty good I'd say.. If he was 1 inch shorter do you really think that'd change his game?

The Chiefs website has him listed at 5'10"

https://www.chiefs.com/team/players-roster/tyreek-hill/

https://www.nfl.com/players/tyreek-hill/

(04-08-2021, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Tyreek Hill is 5'8 and he's pretty good I'd say.. If he was 1 inch shorter do you really think that'd change his game?

The Chiefs website has him listed at 5'10"

I don't care what the Chiefs website has him listed at, he measured in at 5'8 1/8 at his pro day. He's 5'8.

(04-08-2021, 07:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Chiefs website has him listed at 5'10"

I don't care what the Chiefs website has him listed at, he measured in at 5'8 1/8 at his pro day. He's 5'8.

As does nfl.com and wiki.  5'10"

(04-08-2021, 07:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I don't care what the Chiefs website has him listed at, he measured in at 5'8 1/8 at his pro day. He's 5'8.

As does nfl.com and wiki.  5'10"

my previous comment still applies.. he's 5'8