Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is your draft crush (Sans Trevor)

Mine is Jaelan Phillips. He’s not just size, but he’s a technician. And aggressive! Hope the Jaguars take him at 25.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2021, 05:19 AM by The Real Marty.)

Travis Etienne.  I feel the same way about him that I felt about Christian McCaffrey.  He'll be a versatile weapon.  4.41 on his pro day.  Good hands.  He'll catch a lot of passes.  

Don't be surprised if we draft this guy if he falls to pick #33.  Maybe even at 25.  Meyer and Baalke have said they want more game-breaking speed on offense.

(03-22-2021, 05:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Travis Etienne.  I feel the same way about him that I felt about Christian McCaffrey.  He'll be a versatile weapon.  4.41 on his pro day.  Good hands.  He'll catch a lot of passes.  

Don't be surprised if we draft this guy if he falls to pick #33.  Maybe even at 25.  Meyer and Baalke have said they want more game-breaking speed on offense.
And boy would that be a bad draft pick. First round running backs..... yay....

Zaven Collins for me

When you go back and look at all the all time great defenses most of them had a elite MLB, and Tampa had Derrick Brooks. With Collins versatility we could even use him as a OLB/and pass rusher at times in his rookie year to spell Allen or Chaisson, dude can do it all. We could either trade Schobert or just let him take over full time at MLB next year

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2021, 08:08 AM by Cleatwood.)

(03-22-2021, 07:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When you go back and look at all the all time great defenses most of them had a elite MLB, and Tampa had Derrick Brooks.  With Collins versatility we could even use him as a OLB/and pass rusher at times in his rookie year to spell Allen or Chaisson, dude can do it all.  We could either trade Schobert or just let him take over full time at MLB next year
Derrick Brooks was an OLB.

Or were you just saying you need an elite MLB OR a top flight OLB like Derrick Brooks?

(03-22-2021, 08:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 07:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When you go back and look at all the all time great defenses most of them had a elite MLB, and Tampa had Derrick Brooks.  With Collins versatility we could even use him as a OLB/and pass rusher at times in his rookie year to spell Allen or Chaisson, dude can do it all.  We could either trade Schobert or just let him take over full time at MLB next year
Derrick Brooks was an OLB.

Or were you just saying you need an elite MLB OR a top flight OLB like Derrick Brooks?

Yes, that's why I singled him out after mentioning MLB.  Just saying I feel you need an elite LB to have a great defense.  I also think the better the MLB the better Jack will be.  I'm also happy to get Leon Jacobs back as he has also shown the ability to rush the passer at times.  Collins and Moehrig is my dream posible realistic first 2 picks after Trevor.  I think both will be All Pros and most of the great defenses had an elite MLB and safety

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2021, 11:10 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I have a few.

Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
Jaylen Twyman, DT/DE, Pitt
Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami
Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
Sage Surratt, Wake Forest
Carlos Basham, DE, Wake Forest
Elerson Smith, OLB, Northern Iowa
Simi Fehoko, WR/H-Back, Stanford
Quinn Meinerz, OG/C, Wisconsin Whitewater

I've got to say I don't really have any "get this guy at all costs" guys after TLaw. Maybe I've done too many mocks, and just had to diversify the portfolio rather than fallling in love with any particular player.

Some guys I just have a feeling about:
Jalen Mayfield - Michigan bias probably showing, but they tend to have lineman that transition well to the next level. Runyan was last year's crush, and was disappointed we didn't go after him. I think he's a viable candidate at 33, and an absolute steal at 45. Whether he plays LT or RT, I see him as a long-term and significant upgrade over who we got.
Zaven Collins - I think he's got great instincts and a hunger to do well. Probably have to take him at 25 if we want him, and that might sacrifice value depending on who else is still on the board.
Jalen Twyman - mid-round guy, but we just completely overhauled the DL so we'll probably watch some other team take him and develop a quality lineman. Now that Todd Wash is gone, it's weird believing that we could actually develop talent on the DL.

Some value picks I always gravitated to:
Jaelen Darden, North TX - small, speedy receiver that likely brought more to the return game than to the offense at least early on. Signing the kid from DET pretty much ensured that he's not going to be one of our picks. I saw that as the biggest need to round out our receivers.
Quentin Morris, BGSU - pardon me, my MACtion is showing. Not going to be the splashy Kyle Pitts type TE, but probably 6th-7th round pick that seems to be valuable and stable depth at the position. Multiple years starting, biggest question will be whether he can block and get open against NFL caliber defensemen.
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa - best known as the dude who hurt himself attempting to flip into the endzone, a mid-round WR that will likely make a splash at the next level. Playing at Iowa isn't going to help showcase your talents, so someone is going to get a steal when they pick this kid.

Judge me as you wish.

Mine is Elijah Molden. Due to his lack of desirable height, he may be downgraded by some teams. He'd be a steal at the top of round 3. His instincts and smarts remind me of Antonio Winfield, another son of a former NFL player. Winfield had a great rookie season and many thought he deserved to be chosen defensive rookie of the year. The same will be said of Molden one year from now.

(03-22-2021, 11:31 AM)Mikey Wrote: I've got to say I don't really have any "get this guy at all costs" guys after TLaw. Maybe I've done too many mocks, and just had to diversify the portfolio rather than fallling in love with any particular player.

Some guys I just have a feeling about:
Jalen Mayfield - Michigan bias probably showing, but they tend to have lineman that transition well to the next level. Runyan was last year's crush, and was disappointed we didn't go after him. I think he's a viable candidate at 33, and an absolute steal at 45. Whether he plays LT or RT, I see him as a long-term and significant upgrade over who we got.
Zaven Collins - I think he's got great instincts and a hunger to do well. Probably have to take him at 25 if we want him, and that might sacrifice value depending on who else is still on the board.
Jalen Twyman - mid-round guy, but we just completely overhauled the DL so we'll probably watch some other team take him and develop a quality lineman. Now that Todd Wash is gone, it's weird believing that we could actually develop talent on the DL.

Some value picks I always gravitated to:
Jaelen Darden, North TX - small, speedy receiver that likely brought more to the return game than to the offense at least early on. Signing the kid from DET pretty much ensured that he's not going to be one of our picks. I saw that as the biggest need to round out our receivers.
Quentin Morris, BGSU - pardon me,  my MACtion is showing. Not going to be the splashy Kyle Pitts type TE, but probably 6th-7th round pick that seems to be valuable and stable depth at the position. Multiple years starting, biggest question will be whether he can block and get open against NFL caliber defensemen.
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa - best known as the dude who hurt himself attempting to flip into the endzone, a mid-round WR that will likely make a splash at the next level. Playing at Iowa isn't going to help showcase your talents, so someone is going to get a steal when they pick this kid.

Judge me as you wish.

You think Twyman goes mid round?

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2021, 12:28 PM by ATLjag.)

I wouldn't call the OT out of Stanford Walker Little a 'draft crush', but I think he'll be a very intriguing and value day 2 pick. Injury in the early 2019 season and a Covid sit-out in 2020 is dropping him down draft boards (lack of recent game tape). Prior to the injury, in 2017 and 2018, his play had many believing he was going to be ultimately a top 10 talent. He ran an unofficial 4.81 at his recent pro day. He also had excellent times in 3 cone, shuttle, and broad jump.

(03-22-2021, 12:24 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I wouldn't call the OT out of Stanford Walker Little a 'draft crush', but I think he'll be a very intriguing and value day 2 pick.  Injury in the early 2019 season and a Covid sit-out in 2020 is dropping him down draft boards (lack of recent game tape).  Prior to the injury, in 2017 and 2018, his play had many believing he was going to be ultimately a top 10 talent.  He ran an unofficial 4.81 at his recent pro day.  He also had excellent times in 3 cone, shuttle, and broad jump.

Yeah, he would be a good candidate to draft and let sit for a year

Probably D'Ante Smith for me.

Elijah Moore is probably the one on offense for me

(03-22-2021, 03:44 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Mine is Jaelan Phillips. He’s not just size, but he’s a technician. And aggressive! Hope the Jaguars take him at 25.

Zaven Collins, Jalen Mayfield, Pat Friermuth, Dyami Brown, Jaelon Darden, Monty Rice, among others.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-22-2021, 11:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have a few.

Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
Jaylen Twyman, DT/DE, Pitt
Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami
Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami
Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
Sage Surratt, Wake Forest
Carlos Basham, DE, Wake Forest
Elerson Smith, OLB, Northern Iowa
Simi Fehoko, WR/H-Back, Stanford
Quinn Meinerz, OG/C, Wisconsin Whitewater
Not a fan of Rousseau.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-22-2021, 10:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 03:44 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Mine is Jaelan Phillips. He’s not just size, but he’s a technician. And aggressive! Hope the Jaguars take him at 25.

Zaven Collins, Jalen Mayfield, Pat Friermuth, Dyami Brown, Jaelon Darden, Monty Rice, among others.

I really like Dyami Brown, would be a great deep threat

(03-22-2021, 10:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Zaven Collins, Jalen Mayfield, Pat Friermuth, Dyami Brown, Jaelon Darden, Monty Rice, among others.

I really like Dyami Brown, would be a great deep threat

Agreed. He and Darden almost made my list. They are very good, "Steve Smith type" receivers.

Chazz Surratt and Rondale Moore.