Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What a Stupid Stupid Article

(03-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 01:07 PM)copycat Wrote: He does have a history of bashing the Jags.

(03-25-2021, 02:06 PM)Kane Wrote: Simms is in the Skip Bayless/Colin Cowherd group of air bags.

But that's the thing.

I never perceived him as a Jaguars basher before.  I'm generally cognizant of anti Jaguars bias, but Simms never displayed those signs in my eyes, unless there are some articles/comments I missed.

If I had, the article would still be quite stupid...but at least it would be expected.

The Jaguars had plenty of opportunity to do what Simms asserts long ago.

The Jaguars could have taken Danny Wuerffel.

We could have hired Steve Spurrier.

We could have drafted Tim Tebow.

You can say what you will about our history of drafting, especially at QB. 

But the team has never capitulated to those other motives when picking players. 

Why assert this now, after all this time?

....Because NBC/Peacock doesn't have one of those taekmonger types on the payroll, and he volunteered to deliver the schtick? Cripes, look at how long doofi like Cowherd, Bayless, Screamin' A, and the like have remained employed and well compensated for playing the heel on their respective networks. If enough people pay attention to this shill, I can guarantee the network will find a way to get him a show or make him a regular on their broadcasts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2021, 08:59 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: But that's the thing.

I never perceived him as a Jaguars basher before.  I'm generally cognizant of anti Jaguars bias, but Simms never displayed those signs in my eyes, unless there are some articles/comments I missed.

If I had, the article would still be quite stupid...but at least it would be expected.

The Jaguars had plenty of opportunity to do what Simms asserts long ago.

The Jaguars could have taken Danny Wuerffel.

We could have hired Steve Spurrier.

We could have drafted Tim Tebow.

You can say what you will about our history of drafting, especially at QB. 

But the team has never capitulated to those other motives when picking players. 

Why assert this now, after all this time?

....Because NBC/Peacock doesn't have one of those taekmonger types on the payroll, and he volunteered to deliver the schtick? Cripes, look at how long doofi like Cowherd, Bayless, Screamin' A, and the like have remained employed and well compensated for playing the heel on their respective networks. If enough people pay attention to this shill, I can guarantee the network will find a way to get him a show or make him a regular on their broadcasts.

Ding ding ding. 
NBC, ESPN, all these sports networks are in the entertainment business. Hot takes, heel roles, back and forth banter generates views, clicks, and comments. Keeps the 24/7 sports news cycle humming and revenue flowing. And negative angled stories, news, and hot takes tend to generate more buzz. 

The list of talking heads at sports networks that I can't stand is much longer than the one of people I like.

I wonder what he will say about Urban skipping Wilson's Pro Day

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 02:32 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(03-25-2021, 12:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 12:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Simms likes to stir the pot, and also just throws out some legit stupid takes sometimes.

Most see past it easily enough.  It's dumb, but there's gotta be some Lawrence dtractors out there to keep things fresh I guess.

But he did that when he made the argument that Wilson was better than Lawrence.

Now, he comes across as a guy with Trevor Lawrence envy and a Jaguars basher.

He always has been a jags hater. Did we cut him or something? Trying to remember

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 09:10 AM by Mikey.)

(03-26-2021, 02:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder what he will say about Urban skipping Wilson's Pro Day

I don't.

I pay zero attention to these blowhards, and it is so very liberating.

(03-29-2021, 02:29 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 12:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: But he did that when he made the argument that Wilson was better than Lawrence.

Now, he comes across as a guy with Trevor Lawrence envy and a Jaguars basher.

He always has been a jags hater. Did we cut him or something? Trying to remember

He was a tack, and probably took offense to the allegations of marrying his cousin. No, not the cute one, the one with the lazy eye and skunk breath.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2021, 02:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder what he will say about Urban skipping Wilson's Pro Day

He will say whatever the teleprompter says to say. You think he writes his own material or voices his own opinions ?  Come on ...
A new broom always sweeps clean.