Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 09:34 AM by homebiscuit.)

Black Lives Matter Utah chapter calls American flag 'symbol of hatred' | Fox News

I see this gaining traction on the left because it is a direct challenge to those who are scared to death of being labeled a racist on any terms. She adds to its effectiveness by saying 'walk in my black shoes, this flag is racist'. 

My gut tells me we are going to see more of this becoming mainstream.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-08-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Black Lives Matter Utah chapter calls American flag 'symbol of hatred' | Fox News

I see this gaining traction on the left because it is a direct challenge to those who are scared to death of being labeled a racist on any terms. She adds to its effectiveness by saying 'walk in my black shoes, this flag is racist'. 

It started with the Confederate flags...

It was ok because they weren't coming for me...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-08-2021, 10:05 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Black Lives Matter Utah chapter calls American flag 'symbol of hatred' | Fox News

It started with the Confederate flags...

The confederate flag was a valid issue, as well as the confederate statues. It's always been puzzling to me that the symbols of those who attempted to tear the U.S. asunder were idolized.  

Democrats have a problem with a significantly growing movement in their party of not just criticizing America, but hating it. Detest it for all that it stands for because of its history and social mores of yesteryear that no one in the present has control over. Simultaneously they offer no alternative other than to tear it down while the democrat leadership remains mum in fear of being labeled racists themselves. 

I honestly believed the race card was losing effectiveness as a political tool. It's plain to see that it is now more powerful than ever in cowing democrats into allowing radicalism to become a movement and identity of their party.

Michael Avenatti sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for Nike extortion case | Fox Business

Remember, this is the guy the left was fawning over because they thought he had the goods on Trump (who still hasn't been prosecuted for one single thing).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1405515679558680578

Isn't that funny? There were talks of him running for President, lol.

Looks like old Mike gets to play the role of Stormy Daniels for a couple of years.

Oh, the irony.

(07-08-2021, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 10:05 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: It started with the Confederate flags...

The confederate flag was a valid issue, as well as the confederate statues. It's always been puzzling to me that the symbols of those who attempted to tear the U.S. asunder were idolized.  

Democrats have a problem with a significantly growing movement in their party of not just criticizing America, but hating it. Detest it for all that it stands for because of its history and social mores of yesteryear that no one in the present has control over. Simultaneously they offer no alternative other than to tear it down while the democrat leadership remains mum in fear of being labeled racists themselves. 

I honestly believed the race card was losing effectiveness as a political tool. It's plain to see that it is now more powerful than ever in cowing democrats into allowing radicalism to become a movement and identity of their party.

If you could read the article I referenced in the political let's talk about thread it is explained pretty well there. The hatred the progressives have for....pretty much everything. But also why the fan the racism flame as if their lives depend on it. It is a WSJ op-ed behind a pay wall but if you have a way around that it is worth reading. It explained a lot.

Anyone else feeling a bit conflicted about Team USA Basketball getting their [BLEEP] handed to them? Like sux for the Country but couldn't happen to a better bunch?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-13-2021, 06:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Anyone else feeling a bit conflicted about Team USA Basketball getting their [BLEEP] handed to them? Like sux for the Country but couldn't happen to a better bunch?

The full team isn't there yet.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Wondering if they aren't tanking on purpose. Even if it's not for politics reasons, the NBA has gotten pretty comfortable throwing meaningless games.

Nothing crazy ever happens in my county because we're small and rural and people are just trying to live their lives. When the George Floyd protests started up we had a couple dozen people protest peacefully in the local walmart parking lot and that's about as exciting as it gets around here. Thank God. But today I say some stencils spray painted on a couple of control boxes next to a railroad crossing that just shows that even in a small town there are shady people. Evidently we have a chapter of a white supremacist group here and they're spray painting stencils of their name (patriot front) and logo and another of the country that says, "not stolen" above the image and "conquered" below it. These are painted in solid red and solid blue.

I went to their website on a secure browser and these are some crazy alt-right folks. Not much is said about these groups but they pose as much of a threat to this country that the alt-left does. Especially if they're as extreme as these folks are. They believe the only people who have any right to this country are those of european descent (not sure what they think about native americans) and if you are not like-minded they consider you a traitor. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a group like this is in rural NC but I damn sure don't like it. It gives me an eerie feeling. People who don't think racism still exists only need to read about people like this who live and work among us all. Some are local officials, some are cops, some own businesses. It may not be systemic but it's there just under the surface. I generally don't look into groups like this because I have enough of life going on and don't need anything else on my plate, but to not be aware is to do myself wrong because the enemy is not just coming from the left.

(07-14-2021, 01:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Nothing crazy ever happens in my county because we're small and rural and people are just trying to live their lives. When the George Floyd protests started up we had a couple dozen people protest peacefully in the local walmart parking lot and that's about as exciting as it gets around here. Thank God. But today I say some stencils spray painted on a couple of control boxes next to a railroad crossing that just shows that even in a small town there are shady people. Evidently we have a chapter of a white supremacist group here and they're spray painting stencils of their name (patriot front) and logo and another of the country that says, "not stolen" above the image and "conquered" below it. These are painted in solid red and solid blue.

I went to their website on a secure browser and these are some crazy alt-right folks. Not much is said about these groups but they pose as much of a threat to this country that the alt-left does. Especially if they're as extreme as these folks are. They believe the only people who have any right to this country are those of european descent (not sure what they think about native americans) and if you are not like-minded they consider you a traitor. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a group like this is in rural NC but I damn sure don't like it. It gives me an eerie feeling. People who don't think racism still exists only need to read about people like this who live and work among us all. Some are local officials, some are cops, some own businesses. It may not be systemic but it's there just under the surface. I generally don't look into groups like this because I have enough of life going on and don't need anything else on my plate, but to not be aware is to do myself wrong because the enemy is not just coming from the left.

That's said to be trap lead by a certain agency. They spray painted some Floyd monuments out of no where and supposedly have no history.

Both sides need these groups gone but seems the agency has informants in the alt-right ones and ignores the left ones.

As long as they don't do anything illegal, everyone has free speech and can think what they want. You can't police feelings or you just end up creating more members.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxPAiALPYa8

How can you watch this and not know that this is not healthy? The American liberal needs to wake up and realize that their concern for people is being exploited.

Geezus…

That poor child.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Vietnam veteran dies of heart attack after attempted carjacking in Chicago (kbtx.com)

This guy serves two combat tours in Vietnam just to be killed by a couple of lowlifes. 

It doesn't make sense. Chicago voted in the black lesbian. She checks off all the labels. Why is this stuff still happening?

(07-15-2021, 10:14 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxPAiALPYa8

How can you watch this and not know that this is not healthy? The American liberal needs to wake up and realize that their concern for people is being exploited.

That's straight up child abuse and those to "guys" don't deserve to breathe anymore..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-15-2021, 01:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vietnam veteran dies of heart attack after attempted carjacking in Chicago (kbtx.com)

This guy serves two combat tours in Vietnam just to be killed by a couple of lowlifes. 

It doesn't make sense. Chicago voted in the black lesbian. She checks off all the labels. Why is this stuff still happening?

Why would you use this to make a political joke?  That's poor form.

(07-15-2021, 02:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 10:14 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxPAiALPYa8

That's straight up child abuse and those to "guys" don't deserve to breathe anymore..

I guess, you, me, and pretty much every parent that gave their child a pacifier doesn't deserve to breathe either, because that's exactly what we did, we gave the baby an imitation teat that we knew would provide zero nourishment.

(07-14-2021, 11:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 01:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Nothing crazy ever happens in my county because we're small and rural and people are just trying to live their lives. When the George Floyd protests started up we had a couple dozen people protest peacefully in the local walmart parking lot and that's about as exciting as it gets around here. Thank God. But today I say some stencils spray painted on a couple of control boxes next to a railroad crossing that just shows that even in a small town there are shady people. Evidently we have a chapter of a white supremacist group here and they're spray painting stencils of their name  (patriot front) and logo and another of the country that says, "not stolen" above the image and "conquered" below it. These are painted in solid red and solid blue.

That's said to be trap lead by a certain agency. They spray painted some Floyd monuments out of no where and supposedly have no history.

Both sides need these groups gone but seems the agency has informants in the alt-right ones and ignores the left ones.

As long as they don't do anything illegal, everyone has free speech and can think what they want. You can't police feelings or you just end up creating more members.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

They can think and feel however they want as long as they don't drag other people into their [BLEEP]. The same for BLM and antifa. You do you but don't drag innocents into your crazy.