Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(03-26-2024, 10:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 08:41 PM)copycat Wrote: The “Deplorables” clutching to their “Bibles and their Guns” may think differently.

That was Hillary responding to Trump's hate.  I know you're going to claim that Trump was "telling it like it is" but I don't want to have that conversation.

The Bible and Guns is an Obama phrase and the Hillary quote was a response to the people that opposed her not Trump.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 08:26 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-27-2024, 05:28 AM)copycat Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 10:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: That was Hillary responding to Trump's hate.  I know you're going to claim that Trump was "telling it like it is" but I don't want to have that conversation.

The Bible and Guns is an Obama phrase and the Hillary quote was a response to the people that opposed her not Trump.

If I call you deplorable, that means I hate you.
If I say you are clinging to your guns and religion, but you're not actually clinging to your guns and religion, that means that I just don't understand you. There's no hate in the second statement, just ignorance.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-27-2024, 05:57 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 05:28 AM)copycat Wrote: The Bible and Guns is an Obama phrase and the Hillary quote was a response to the people that opposed her not Trump.

If I say you are clinging to your guns and religion, but you're not actually clinging to your friends and religion, that means that I just don't understand you. There's no hate in the second statement, just ignorance.

Why don't you just ask Mother Nature to take away all the people you hate?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-27-2024, 05:28 AM)copycat Wrote: The Bible and Guns is an Obama phrase and the Hillary quote was a response to the people that opposed her not Trump.

If I say you are clinging to your guns and religion, but you're not actually clinging to your friends and religion, that means that I just don't understand you. There's no hate in the second statement, just ignorance.

You know that's bull [BLEEP]. Obama used that phrase in full blown condescension bordering on disgust.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 12:28 PM by copycat. Edited 1 time in total.)

If I say you are clinging to your guns and religion, but you're not actually clinging to your guns and religion, that means that I just don't understand you. There's no hate in the second statement, just ignorance.

LOL!

Obama uttered that phrase with nothing but contempt and you know it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Damn right.. Love me some Florida!!

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/stat...uMSMQ&s=19

(03-27-2024, 12:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Damn right.. Love me some Florida!!

Thank God.  I have never understood how it is that someone can occupy someone else's property without permission, and they can't be immediately ejected and arrested.

(03-27-2024, 02:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 12:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Damn right.. Love me some Florida!!

Thank God.  I have never understood how it is that someone can occupy someone else's property without permission, and they can't be immediately ejected and arrested.

Ejected or arrested?

[BLEEP] that.. Shot

(03-27-2024, 04:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/...xd09Q&s=19

My father was treated like absolute [BLEEP] by his country even though he served it for 20 years.. half of in in special ops

(03-27-2024, 04:41 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 04:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/...xd09Q&s=19

My father was treated like absolute [BLEEP] by his country even though he served it for 20 years.. half of in in special ops

Was it the VA?

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 05:27 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-27-2024, 05:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 04:41 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: My father was treated like absolute [BLEEP] by his country even though he served it for 20 years.. half of in in special ops

Was it the VA?

By every avenue both government public and private. 

When his heart condition was finally diagnosed they tossed him to the curb.

He couldn't even get a disability claim for a year. Which feels like the government saying hey let's wait and see if he dies

When warriors who actually killed the enemy of our nation are ignored for those that are potentially an enemy... nations fall

(03-27-2024, 05:26 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 05:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: Was it the VA?

He couldn't even get a disability claim for a year. Which feels like the government saying hey let's wait and see if he dies

When warriors who actually killed the enemy of our nation are ignored for those that are potentially an enemy... nations fall

It's [BLEEP] disgusting how our vets get treated..

There's really no other word.. Just disgusting.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 05:57 PM by mikesez.)

(03-27-2024, 05:26 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 05:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: Was it the VA?

Man that sucks. Sorry about that. Did he really need the money or was he financially secure?

Personally I think the VA wastes more money figuring out how to say "no" than they would spend if they just gave everyone who served honorably everything they need.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-27-2024, 05:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 05:26 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: By every avenue both government public and private. 

Man that sucks.  Sorry about that.  Did he really need the money or was he financially secure?

Personally I think the VA wastes more money figuring out how to say "no" than they would spend if they just gave everyone who served honorably everything they need.

For the year they waited for disability because he couldnt work I had to move back in with my parents at the time so I could pay their bills and mine. Just a crappy situation for a man that prided himself on not only taking care of himself but others.. I only knew he was a green beret in his last months.

EDIT: as a kid I just thought it was normal for an army dad to be gone weeks at a time

It was nice that they had green berets doing the flag ceremony at his funeral at least

He has a right to free speech........ But I have the right to not listen to his male bovine droppings..........

Bill Maher vows to do 'everything he can' to make sure Trump loses election
Maher added that if Trump wins, he will 'blow up the world or put me in Guantanamo Bay or whatever'

HBO host Bill Maher in a new interview claimed he would do "everything he can" to make sure former President Trump isn’t re-elected in 2024.

When asked specifically about how he feels about the presidential election, he said he’s trying not to hyper-fixate on it and will accept the result, but he declared he'd do his best to make sure Trump loses.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher...s-election
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

‘Bill Maher should go to Guantanamo. He’s a fascist.’

— The American left

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 08:07 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his.)

(03-27-2024, 08:00 PM)The Drifter Wrote: He has a right to free speech........ But I have the right to not listen to his male bovine droppings..........

Bill Maher vows to do 'everything he can' to make sure Trump loses election
Maher added that if Trump wins, he will 'blow up the world or put me in Guantanamo Bay or whatever'

HBO host Bill Maher in a new interview claimed he would do "everything he can" to make sure former President Trump isn’t re-elected in 2024.

When asked specifically about how he feels about the presidential election, he said he’s trying not to hyper-fixate on it and will accept the result, but he declared he'd do his best to make sure Trump loses.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher...s-election

He's not even relevant.

He's so [BLEEP] butthurt that Joe rogan owns him and every other media outlet