Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Alualu Returns to Steelers

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 07:51 PM by Bullseye.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-steelers/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just read that. That is some real crappy stuff. Talking about going back on your word. I thought he was a good character guy? F him
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-27-2021, 07:51 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Just read that.  That is some real crappy stuff.  Talking about going back on your word.  I thought he was a good character guy?  F him

I don't think a change of heart is necessarily reflective of poor character.

That said, I was never a big fan of his, anyway.

Hopefully we could sign Akiem Hicks or Jarran Reed to replace him.

We are still very deep at DE/DT.

Guess we may need to go defensive line early in the draft afterall

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 09:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Regardless if he we signed him or not, it doesn't change what we do in the draft lol

Started having nightmares and ptsd

(03-27-2021, 08:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We are still very deep at DE/DT.

I'm happy about this. Alualu was not the future. Let Gotsis, Hamilton, Smoot, Ward, hyphenated guy, and/or a motivated Bryan have a chance to prove they are the future. Even with Trevor under center, this is not a Super Bowl year coming up.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Had anyone even heard he had covid and had not signed yet? IMO the dt has some players available now that were not available when we signed him so should be fairly easily replaced, right?

Dang, was one of our best FA signings too...downgrade the FA period from a C- to a D+.

(03-27-2021, 11:12 PM)surfon Wrote: Had anyone even heard he had covid and had not signed yet?  IMO the dt has some players available now that were not available when we signed him so should be fairly easily replaced, right?

I wound up reading that somewhere else later.  While in isolation he changed his mind.

Sue him and make him pay the expenses to find his replacement. He agreed to a verbal contract with terms.

It doesn't happen often but him backing out after agreeing hurt the Jags and players need to face some penalties if they do that. He obviously doesn't want to leave, so the Jags don't need someone just playing out a contract but they missed out on other players.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(03-27-2021, 11:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Dang, was one of our best FA signings too...downgrade the FA period from a C- to a D+.

Classic

Also felt that in terms of production, Alualu was indeed our best signing. FA looking worse and worse by the day. How is it that the Jags didnt make him sign the contract from his home? Is this because he needed to pass a physical? All other players signed already...

oh well. i hope we do get a big get before the draft or while there are any good players left

He was a solid older bridge player while this team grows. Too bad. I hope they consider Jarran Reed.

I get having a change of heart but maybe after a day or two. It took him two weeks to ask for a mulligan? Not cool.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Meh, no big deal. He wasn't a difference maker anyway.

Absolute busch league move. Really not a fan of this guy now

Happens ... Frank Gore, Josh McDaniels, etc.